Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Service Engine Soon???

This is a discussion on Service Engine Soon??? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by WILDKARDBOYZ why did you say the slp mafs was no good just asking why is there a ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by WILDKARDBOYZ View Post
    why did you say the slp mafs was no good just asking why is there a difference ???

They have a resistor or something to alter the output and are just not known for working real well unless you alter your tune to compensate. The stock MAF will take your car up to about the 500 h.p. level and as long as it hasn't been messed with, the stocker provides accurate feedback to the PCM on incoming air.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Well guys.. here's the latest on the status with my Service Engine Soon Light, Its FINALLY Off... I ended up replacing the rear 02 sensor on Bank 2 and that got rid of the code (0161 Bank 2 Sens 2). But the next day after that, my freakin SES light turned back on and I thought it was guna be the cat on Bank 2, but it actually threw out another code (0420 Below Threshold Catalyst on Bank 1). If its not one thing its another.. So long story short I pretty much replaced the catalytic converter on Bank 1 and I also replaced the rear 02 sensor on Bank1 too, just in case and that pretty much fixed my whole SES Light issue. So far so good, its been atleast 3 days and no light and my car also passed Inspection with the new changes. Wheeww.. Finally...
    Last edited by Atrivium; 03-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Glad you got it figured out.

Black
    '01 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    They have a resistor or something to alter the output and are just not known for working real well unless you alter your tune to compensate. The stock MAF will take your car up to about the 500 h.p. level and as long as it hasn't been messed with, the stocker provides accurate feedback to the PCM on incoming air.
    Thanks for all the help and advise.. I'm probably just guna look into selling my SLP Maf Sensor or something, your right pajeff02 it's only good if you re-tune your car to make up for all the air its taking in.. Cuz when I had the SLP Maf sensor on it was making my car run lean, the fuel wasnt compensating for all the extra air it was taking in. As soon as I changed it back to my stock Maf it pretty much fixed the lean issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information