Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

selling the WS6

This is a discussion on selling the WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If your car isn't one of the big three, then the sales revenue, in your case, would still go to ...

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am & 2000 C5

If your car isn't one of the big three, then the sales revenue, in your case, would still go to corporate in Japan. That is why it is a "ricer". No offense, and nice truk.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Cheviac2K View Post
    If your car isn't one of the big three, then the sales revenue, in your case, would still go to corporate in Japan. That is why it is a "ricer". No offense, and nice truk.

Funny thing is my truck was built in the USA, while my Trans Am was not.

Talk about irony.. So while some CEO in Japan made a few bucks off me (not really-- read below) so did all the line workers, and shift supervisors, and janitors, and security guards, and everyone else who helped my truck be built in the USA. The shipping company who moved the truck from the plant to the initial dealership. American. The Gas station he filled up at for those trips, (who knows) but the snickers bar and the coke he bought, American, the pimple faced 18 year old who sold him snickers, American,, The janitor that cleans the gas station, American. That pimple faced 18 year old went on break that day and most likely bought a soda, that soda was produced in America.. Most if not all bottling companies are in the USA.. It is a huge perpetual thing.

I would rather middle class americans gain from my purchase, than an already rich CEO.

Not to mention I bought this car used, the money has already been sent to Japan for my car long before I ever bought it. Any and all money I spent on the truck, goes straight to dealership fees (american), bank fees, USA, salesman (American), The guy who cleans the offices at the dealership, the car detailer, The local mechanic, who checked it out before I picked it up. You get the point.

You are completely 100% factually wrong...... no offense.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Smile

well I am sorry I too am selfish My son grew up in the back seat of my car. I bought it in 03 he is now 11. I've told my friends that when push comes to shove i can always make another child , get another wife, they stopped making the trans am. That is irreplaceable . Kidding man congrats
    UMI sfc,whisper lid,k-n,diablo,shift kit,kooks long tubes-N-y-pipe,Borla 3" cat-back,power bond underdrive pulley,msd wires,front- baer gt brakes, slotted and drilled rotors , braided lines,tuned and dyno'd.345 HP and 354 torque

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    well I am sorry I too am selfish My son grew up in the back seat of my car. I bought it in 03 he is now 11. I've told my friends that when push comes to shove i can always make another child , get another wife, they stopped making the trans am. That is irreplaceable . Kidding man congrats
    LOL-- oh yeah, and I forgot to add, I buy a different car usually once every 12 - 18 months.

White
    2000 Trans AM

Nice truck man. However I'm sure you miss the TA too.
    I dunno my wife drives a Ford F-150 King Cab, I own a 2000 WS6. I have a
    10 yr old daughter and an 8 yr old son. Some things I just can see myself ever doing is sleeping with Angelina Jolie and selling my car. I'll get a larger truck before that happens.

Anyway I'm sure in time you can get another toy and but another one

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

my 99z is my only car/daily driver. i have a 4 year old daughter, and of course a child seat in the back on the passenger side. fits no problem and doesnt bother my g/f when we all are in the car(me, g/f, and our daughter). plus its cool to hear my daughter call my car, daddys "race car". she's always tellin me to go faster, go faster. i always look back, smile, and tell her we're going fast enough.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

havin kids doesnt mean you had to get rid of the ta I have twins and the fit just fine they are two and a half now.. I had to wait till they were two though I do have to admit it is easier getting them in and out of my mustang the back seat is a little bigger and not as low... But i had to get a suv as a family car too though,,, So now i have his(ta) hers(mustang) and ours(mitsubishi montero sport)

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

oh yeah my kids love my ta they call it daddys vroom vroom

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Pics of the t/a? I wanna see what you traded in on the titan. Better of been falling apart. jk. I'm 19 and with no kids and I have been having big thoughts about selling my ws6. Driving a 6-speed car with 4:10s and some good power under the hood for a DD isn't all that great. I would absolutely love to have a 4 or 6 banger auto to just get around in sometimes and save the t/a for the weekend. I'm sure it was crazy for you by having a kid. Unless the t/a was a DD it didn't get much attention. I think you made a good choice in getting something bigger like that. Although, I would of gone with the chevy trailblazer SS!!!! You get room and still have power. LS2! 320rwhp give or take...

Red
    1998 T/A

I promise I won't hate on you any for getting the Titan. You saw my T/A in Waynesburg at the last Flashlight drags. Here is my daily beater...

Mine averages around 13-15MPG. I'm guessing you'll see numbers close to that.

Med. Dark Purple Metallic

How can you afford the gas to buy a 4200 lb. truck now with gas prices projected to go to $6/gallon..??

Man, I'd get one of those car-based things --- Nissan Rogue or something that average 22mpg....

But good luck with it and congrats on the family!!!!

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

also having a baby good luck with yours

Black & Silver
    2000 WS6 & 2003 Z06

can't wait til I can see mine

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Good luck to all!! glad my kids a teenager!!

01 modded gtp

Two days ago my girlfriend told me said she was pregnant and I am only 18. When she told me this I thought to myself two things 1.Damn!!!! should have worn a condom and 2.Looks like I will be getting an 08 Nissan Maxima instead of a TransAm. Thank God today she called me and told me it was a false alarm. Looks like next time I am I will wear protection.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well, first congrats on the new baby announcement. Second, if you are meant to have a T/A later on in life then it will be.

I had to sacrifice a lot in the way of the family in the rearing years and now, since I'm divorced, I only have my three girls and no wife to tell me no.

They all fit in it just fine but, will be getting a second vehicle just for back and forth to work and winter driving.

I'm at that age in life to where I do deserve some nice things in life and if I were to let go of the T/A, my girls would not be happy.

They love that car and one of them or one of my elder boys will be the recipient of it when I die. I look at the bandit T/As from the late 70's and think: "Damn, if only I would have bought one of those back then"

black
    2002 trans am ws6

dont do it true story a goodfriend of mine had a nice 98 ws6 convert. wife got pregnat (she also had a four door car) so he decided to trade the ta in on a mini van he had paid cash for ta so dealer was happy to do a strait up trade 2 months later she leaves him and takes the minivan just food for thought

99 pontiac trans am

nice truck...

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    dont do it true story a goodfriend of mine had a nice 98 ws6 convert. wife got pregnat (she also had a four door car) so he decided to trade the ta in on a mini van he had paid cash for ta so dealer was happy to do a strait up trade 2 months later she leaves him and takes the minivan just food for thought
    Ha, precisely why you shouldn't get rid of it totally. Every relationship is different but, my ex got the mini van. I got the T/A. In fact, I got most everything since I have custody of the kids. Life is strange sometimes. Nice truck though.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Congrats on the new children! I'm sorry you had to sell the T/A, but I understand. My friend just got married and has to drive a beater '88 Toyota truck. I sold my Z71 Silverado and am selling my '69 Camaro to pay my WS6 and my jet ski off. I want to avoid ever having to sell my T/A.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information