Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Selling TA for G8 GT

This is a discussion on Selling TA for G8 GT within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Ask for the invoice price....then make an offer heh heh heh!!!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Depends heavily on what the trade in value they offer for the ws6 would be,as a former car salesman I can tell you they will try to give as little as possible for a trade.I would keep the t/a (assuming it's paid for) and negotiate a good price for the g8,if their advertised price is $24,999 they probably have $21,000 in it,I would offer them $22,500 for it and would be satisfied with paying $23,500 maximum.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It's at carmax and they don't negotiate....right? At least I thought they didn't. And when I get the g8 I'm definitely doing some bolt ins and maybe even further than that eventually.

White

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    It's at carmax and they don't negotiate....right? At least I thought they didn't. And when I get the g8 I'm definitely doing some bolt ins and maybe even further than that eventually.
    Look man.....look at this economy There is a real important thing to remember here....."EVERYTHING is negotiable!!!"

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

I have a 98 Trans Am WS6 with 130k on it and I am looking at selling it and buy a 2009 G8 GT. The G8 only has 17k miles on it. I need something that is a little easier to get my kid in and out of but I still don't lose my manhood with So my question is do you guys think I should do this or just keep my TA?

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Oh, I would get it. I mean, if your really looking for something bigger for your kid it's one of the best options. I have a kid too. It's not too easy to get in and out, but i'd deal with that to keep my T/A. If I got rid of it, i'd probably never have another again so I won't back down. I LOVE that color, and G8's are amazing cars so great choice. That's my next car

Your right. Carmax has a "no haggle" system, so if you even start to try they'll show you the door. There might be some room to move the price, but it's highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    Look man.....look at this economy There is a real important thing to remember here....."EVERYTHING is negotiable!!!"
    Even with the economy, they won't. You might hear them take down the price if it sits on the lot, but if it's in great condition and its everything he wants he might not want to wait to see if they do

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Do it!!!!!

I love the way G8's look!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Every carmaxI have been to are always over priced compared to other dealers so try to find a similar mileage and year in the area. With the ways cars are selling carmax's no haggle might be willing to do a little haggling. Way the lots are here a sale is a sale to them, everyone here wants to haggle.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I love the G8's, and that would be a sweet ass dd imo, I would def not call that a push over for a car!!!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I would look for a similar one from a dealer but there are no other ones this color around here for sale. My first choice would be that color and then either black,red, or grey. So maybe I'll look at some those colors too.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Owning both and having no preference towards one or the other I can tell you that if you ditch the TA for the G8 you won't regret it. They really wake up to mods, and still net around 24-25mpg (depending if you keep DOD/AFM enabled). Another positive is you're gonna be less likely to see another one or multiple ones around you..especially if you get the SBM colored one. I'm actually looking to trade my TA for an SUV so the wifey can drive that, and I can take over the G8.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

I laugh at the "no haggle" deal,know why that started? So dealers can get 2-3 grand profit on each unit plus doc fee.but if it's what you want go and get it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

White

Get a G8.....just NOT from carfax lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information