Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Seller won't budge

This is a discussion on Seller won't budge within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; moment please. I spent 2 years looking for a nice low mile 2002 WS6 in pewter silver with a 6M. ...

  1. #61
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    moment please. I spent 2 years looking for a nice low mile 2002 WS6 in pewter silver with a 6M. 2 years ago everything I looked at was in the 20k range and I didn't want to spend a penny over 14,500.

    I almost sealed the deal on a few cars in that time. a 1999 TA with a WS6 hood that had been in an accident for 16k, the car has 11k miles on it.

    A 2002 WS6 with 58k miles asking 14k

    A 2002 WS6 with 77k miles asking 14k

    then summer 2009 rolled around. The world had been battered by a financial crisis. nobody was buying F-bodies, the market had crashed. No longer was I bound to 15-20k prices if I wanted a well maintained low mile car.

    Then it hit me. out of the blue, completely unexpected my two year search for a pewter silver WS6 ended. It ended abruptly and with a surprise resolution.

    My search ended with a NBM 2000 Firehawk. WHAT!?!?! a model above even the prized WS6? one I never thought i'd be able to get my hands on due to rarity and increased value? Heck NADA claims my car is worth 18,500 retail!!! I can assure you I didn't pay 18,500 for my hawk.

    For the past several years this hawk sat in a garage being driven weekly just to keep everything lubed. Yet driven so little that i figured out it only had about 500 miles put on it between 2006 and 2009.

    I didn't pay book retail.... I didn't even pay book private party.

    What does one pay for a garaged 100% stock 46k mile Firehawk?

    $11,000

    Everyone here told me to be patient. That the car would speak to me that when I found the right car and right deal it would just happen. I speak from experience that the members of LS1.com that told me these things were 100% right. i never dreamed I'd stray from my dream of a Pewter WS6 but when I saw this Hawk come out of it's garage and glisten in the sunlight as it's exhaust reverberated to my very soul I swear it spoke to me. After the shortest test drive ever the price no longer mattered, although it was an amazing deal. I just said "I'll take it" and my 2 year search ended. It ended on a wonderful morning in June with more than I though I'd get for less than I thought I'd pay.

    If you can't make that kind of instant decision on this car, I say keep looking.

  2. #62
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 99RTA View Post
    Oh clearly! LMAO
    You would get better results and more satisfaction finding a good steel I-beam and banging your head off it numerous time then to argue with Zingergy! He don’t even own a F-body at the moment. Most here just wish he’d go away and join a good ricer chat room……where he belongs, hell, he may even find someone that likes him there.

  3. #63
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    moment please. I spent 2 years looking for a nice low mile 2002 WS6 in pewter silver with a 6M. 2 years ago everything I looked at was in the 20k range and I didn't want to spend a penny over 14,500.

    I almost sealed the deal on a few cars in that time. a 1999 TA with a WS6 hood that had been in an accident for 16k, the car has 11k miles on it.

    A 2002 WS6 with 58k miles asking 14k

    A 2002 WS6 with 77k miles asking 14k

    then summer 2009 rolled around. The world had been battered by a financial crisis. nobody was buying F-bodies, the market had crashed. No longer was I bound to 15-20k prices if I wanted a well maintained low mile car.

    Then it hit me. out of the blue, completely unexpected my two year search for a pewter silver WS6 ended. It ended abruptly and with a surprise resolution.

    My search ended with a NBM 2000 Firehawk. WHAT!?!?! a model above even the prized WS6? one I never thought i'd be able to get my hands on due to rarity and increased value? Heck NADA claims my car is worth 18,500 retail!!! I can assure you I didn't pay 18,500 for my hawk.

    For the past several years this hawk sat in a garage being driven weekly just to keep everything lubed. Yet driven so little that i figured out it only had about 500 miles put on it between 2006 and 2009.

    I didn't pay book retail.... I didn't even pay book private party.

    What does one pay for a garaged 100% stock 46k mile Firehawk?

    $11,000

    Everyone here told me to be patient. That the car would speak to me that when I found the right car and right deal it would just happen. I speak from experience that the members of LS1.com that told me these things were 100% right. i never dreamed I'd stray from my dream of a Pewter WS6 but when I saw this Hawk come out of it's garage and glisten in the sunlight as it's exhaust reverberated to my very soul I swear it spoke to me. After the shortest test drive ever the price no longer mattered, although it was an amazing deal. I just said "I'll take it" and my 2 year search ended. It ended on a wonderful morning in June with more than I though I'd get for less than I thought I'd pay.

    If you can't make that kind of instant decision on this car, I say keep looking.

    Mine went in the paper yesterday, 02 WS6 vert, 38K miles, Pewter, lowered, tinted, SLP lid, 3600 stall, elec. exhaust cut out, 13.0 second car. Never crashed, looks new, only driven in summer sun. asking 17K. So far I have received 6 calls, 4 showings and have an offer of 16,000 which I did not take due to 4 more people that will be coming to look at it today. If no one makes a better offer by Sunday Iíll sell it for the 16,000 best offer. One caller today offered 50.00 dollars to hold it for him to look at, so I think he is very interested in the car. My goal is to get the 17,000 asking as I feel that is a great price based on what Iíve seen listed on the net. Iíll let you guyís know how it goes and what the final price it goes for is.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    You would get better results and more satisfaction finding a good steel I-beam and banging your head off it numerous time then to argue with Zingergy! He don’t even own a F-body at the moment. Most here just wish he’d go away and join a good ricer chat room……where he belongs, hell, he may even find someone that likes him there.
    Lol thanks for the love

    All this hatred because i disagreed with him and he just kept telling us his job title and how hes right because of what he does for a living.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-20-2009 at 09:01 AM.

  5. #65
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol thanks for the love

    All this hatred because i disagreed with him and he just kept telling us his job title and how hes right because of what he does for a living.
    I don’t hate you dude, just had some difficult discussions with you. You do seem more in tune with imports imo and I’m not sure why you hang in here. At times it doesn’t seem as though you are a fan of the F-body.
    Last edited by waldo; 08-20-2009 at 09:25 AM.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    I don’t hate you dude, just had some difficult discussions with you. You do seem more in tune with imports imo and I’m not sure why you hang in here. At times it doesn’t seem as though you are a fan of the F-body.
    Sorry it seems that way, i love f-bodys but i reached a point in my life where I needed to get rid of some bills and buy a reliable safe DD for my child. I sold the T/A knowing i would have another one, my DD is almost paid off and i plan on selling my 600rr and putting a nice down payment on a T/A again. I had 3 f-bodys from age 17 to 21 and its only been a year but i miss it dearly.

    I just enjoy more than domestics, i like exoctics and some imports. I personally would never build an import for speed but the people that do and do it right my hats off to them.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-20-2009 at 09:33 AM.

  7. #67
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    I am not denying that I got somewhat lucky. The person I purchased my car from did not seem to be struggling for cash, he has a 6 car garage with lift and a nice stable of classics which up until I bought the hawk included 4 awesome pontiacs and a chevy. He has a fully restored 66 GTO a 70 GTO convertible a 70 Chevelle SS #'s matching original paint. A 99 WS6 convertible.... I think he knew what he had with the hawk lol. My car has a clean carfax never in an accident and before I bought it the only thing not factory on the car were the tires. BF Goodrich instead of the original Firestone Firehawks. Even the hoses and belts were factory original. Nothing had been changed.

    I'm not saying these cars aren't worth anything. I'm saying the market has gotten to a point where these deals exist. I had "won" an auction on a 2002 pewter WS6 in 2008, reserve not met. Made an offer equal to my bid price on the phone but the car went to someone who was willing to pay full asking price of 16 and then have it shipped across the country.

    Yet I watched a 2002 White WS6 that was never banged up and only had exhaust go from 18k down to 13,500 on a dealers lot before heading off to auction again. he never made the sale, even though I had offered 13,500 when he was asking 15k. The day he brought the car off the lot and to auction I bought my Saturn from a man that lived down the block from that same dealer.

    I congratulate you on all your offers and wish you the best in your sale. My point is that when you wait for the RIGHT deal to come along you eventually find it and get a car that makes you happy at a price that makes you happy.

  8. #68
    Member waldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    617

    Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I am not denying that I got somewhat lucky. The person I purchased my car from did not seem to be struggling for cash, he has a 6 car garage with lift and a nice stable of classics which up until I bought the hawk included 4 awesome pontiacs and a chevy. He has a fully restored 66 GTO a 70 GTO convertible a 70 Chevelle SS #'s matching original paint. A 99 WS6 convertible.... I think he knew what he had with the hawk lol. My car has a clean carfax never in an accident and before I bought it the only thing not factory on the car were the tires. BF Goodrich instead of the original Firestone Firehawks. Even the hoses and belts were factory original. Nothing had been changed.

    I'm not saying these cars aren't worth anything. I'm saying the market has gotten to a point where these deals exist. I had "won" an auction on a 2002 pewter WS6 in 2008, reserve not met. Made an offer equal to my bid price on the phone but the car went to someone who was willing to pay full asking price of 16 and then have it shipped across the country.

    Yet I watched a 2002 White WS6 that was never banged up and only had exhaust go from 18k down to 13,500 on a dealers lot before heading off to auction again. he never made the sale, even though I had offered 13,500 when he was asking 15k. The day he brought the car off the lot and to auction I bought my Saturn from a man that lived down the block from that same dealer.

    I congratulate you on all your offers and wish you the best in your sale. My point is that when you wait for the RIGHT deal to come along you eventually find it and get a car that makes you happy at a price that makes you happy.
    I'm in full agreement with you. Thanks for the well wishes. The good part is I don't need to sell the car, if it happens so be it, if not, I keep a great car and continue to enjoy it.

  9. #69
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Any new updates stang?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 777 good seller
    By 02Ls1Formula in forum Member Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 01:41 AM
  2. Flywheel won't budge
    By randybird in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
  3. budge barrier car cover
    By t.a.joe in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 05:43 PM
  4. Help, Tranny DipStick won't budge..
    By wvutransam in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2006, 10:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •