Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Seller won't budge

This is a discussion on Seller won't budge within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ls1 cars have EXCELLENT resale value!...

Ls1 cars have EXCELLENT resale value!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 99RTA View Post
    You forgot to mention you put in a max price oof 18000 in your search! LMAO BUSTED DOOD
    How am i busted lol, i was looking at cars for under the 20k you claimed in your area, so why would i put more than 20k if i was looking for cars under 20k?

Ls1 cars do not have excellent resale, if you truely believe this then your not even worth talkign too.

They only have excellent resale if you dont put any miles on them. Excellent resale usually means you can drive the car for many many miels and still sell it for a decent amount. If you buy a car never drive it and then resell it again you got nothing out of it other than a few dollars. I see 120-170kmiles f-bodys going for 5-7k all the time on craigslist. In great condition, still running and making all the power one with 60kmiles on it would be. To put this in perspective a 95 Eclipse GSX with 120kmiles still goes for 5k-7k compared to a 2000 camaro z28 with 120kmiles going for 5k-7k.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-19-2009 at 01:23 PM.

You better tell the rest of the world they don't have good resale value.........LMAO

Arctic White, red/gray

You better tell the rest of the world they don't have good resale value.........LMAO
    The rest of the world knows, most of us dont buy our cars with resale value in mind, atleast i didnt. I put 18kmiles on my t/A the first year I owned it and i only drove it from april to october.

"I've been looking at this 00 ws6 38k miles. New tires, all it needs are the door panels. Its black. They won't go any lower then $12k"

This is what we are looking for....start showing them for under 12k and make believers out of us...otherwise save it for yer momma!

Arctic White, red/gray

"I've been looking at this 00 ws6 38k miles. New tires, all it needs are the door panels. Its black. They won't go any lower then $12k"

This is what we are looking for....start showing them for under 12k and make believers out of us...otherwise save it for yer momma!
    When did i ever say that was a bad price for that car? All i said is that 20k for a f-body with 50kmiles on it is way too much even from a dealer. 12k for a car that cost 32k new and it was only driven 38kmiles. Sound like awesome resale lost 20k value in 38kmiles. I drive 20-25k a year on my DD.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-19-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Ok here is a search for the ENTIRE country for a 2000 Firebird TA
    Read it and weep http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1250714011985

Well it's been a week. Did ya buy the car or let it go???

Personally for the low mileage it has, and what sounds like very minor issues, $12K sounds decent for a WS6. Only you can make that call.
    The only way to find better deals and more choices would be to broaden your search and be willing to travel.

Arctic White, red/gray

Only 3 cars out of 25 was over 20k and 1 was 44k thats super high and noone will ever buy that car for that price.

Im done talking to you now as im clearly the only one in this conversation who seems to know whats going on or anything about cars and resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Only 3 cars out of 25 was over 20k and 1 was 44k thats super high and noone will ever buy that car for that price.

Im done talking to you now as im clearly the only one in this conversation who seems to know whats going on or anything about cars and resale value.
    Oh clearly! LMAO

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Changed the range from just 2000 to 1998 through 2002 and from dealership to dealership/private seller. 10x the results. My only point, there are many fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Changed the range from just 2000 to 1998 through 2002 and from dealership to dealership/private seller. 10x the results. My only point, there are many fish in the sea.
    But hes looking at a 2000 WS6 ....he wants an honest price. 12k is VERY resonable for that car if its in great shape...i don't care where he lives.

You guys telling him its too much POST UP OTHERS like it that are cheaper! YOU CAN"T so stop with your BS.

PS i betcha you can't find ONE! BLACK TA WS6 with low mileage in great shape for 12k! in his area!
    Last edited by 99RTA; 08-19-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

But hes looking at a 2000 WS6 ....he wants an honest price. 12k is VERY resonable for that car if its in great shape...i don't care where he lives.

You guys telling him its too much POST UP OTHERS like it that are cheaper! YOU CAN"T so stop with your BS.

PS i betcha you can't find ONE! BLACK TA WS6 with low mileage in great shape for 12k! in his area!
    I never once said the car isnt a good price, ONCE AGAIN all i ever said was 20k is too much for a f-body with 30-50kmiles. And you said no my local dealer sells ls1 cars for 20k all the time with 50k or less miles.

No one said it wasnt a good deal, they all said pay what you feel its worth.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I agree w.you, 12k is cheap, I never said otherwise. A 98-02 WS6 are all very similar, this just shows proof that the average LS-1 Trans Am in good condition costs more than what he may be picking that one up for. I think alot people knowing this would show alittle concern b.c. theres *usually* a reason they're asking so little.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I never once said the car isnt a good price, ONCE AGAIN all i ever said was 20k is too much for a f-body with 30-50kmiles. And you said no my local dealer sells ls1 cars for 20k all the time with 50k or less miles.

No one said it wasnt a good deal, they all said pay what you feel its worth.
    you said you were done commenting??????

An extra 500 dollars will long be forgotten if the car is well worth it and in good shape. Go try to buy a new car that would equal that ta for 12k...BETCHA 12k ya can't!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by stang1101 View Post
    I've been looking at this 00 ws6 38k miles. New tires, all it needs are the door panels. Its black. They won't go any lower then $12k.

so whats the problem here?

if they wont budge, take your money and your business elsewhere. its not like we're going to influence the seller to lower the price for you...

seriously, even i've had to walk away from some good, solid cars because a price couldnt be agreed upon...

so again, i ask whats the issue?

if you want the car and have the money just buy it. the year you wait to find that car for 1k less isnt worth it. buy it enjoy it. i waited to long to buy mine and if i overpaid a little so what. im enjoying the hell out of it.

You get what you pay for. You have to ask yourself,,,is it worth this much to you?? Are you willing to let the car go over $500??? Do you think there will be something better down the road for same or less money???

Be honest with yourself and your situation. Don't worry about resale value or what a book says it's worth. That really has no meaning to me at all when buying a car, especially any type of classic car or soon to be collectable.
    That's the way it should be approached. Know what's out there.

There are two types of buyers out there. The type that wants to pay next to nothing for a car and then when it's in their possession it's worth gold. (deep down they already knew what the car was worth)...and then there is the type that doesn't mind paying top dollar if it's the kind of car they wanted, in which case they don't feel they paid too much.
    You have to ask yourself,,,,which one are you???

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    so whats the problem here?

if they wont budge, take your money and your business elsewhere. its not like we're going to influence the seller to lower the price for you...

seriously, even i've had to walk away from some good, solid cars because a price couldnt be agreed upon...

so again, i ask whats the issue?
    Point

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information