midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

security alarm question

ok so I put an aftermarket alarm and car start on my car yesterday and my buddy was telling me i still have the stock alarm as well. It's my choice to use it. So techinically I have 2 alarms on my car. That wrap system is a pretty neat idea, if you guys are familiar with it.

Well after he closed up shop yesterday we finished it up and I left. so I go to the store and when I attempt to start it with my key and it will not start.... Nothing.

I ended up using the remote start to start it but it sounded like it kept trying to arm itself while I was driving. The security light was on the dash for a minute then went off.

I was tired and hungry so I did not really have my brains about me. I have not messed with it yet again.

I'm gonna mess with it tommorow. but just wondering if you had any ideas about what happened, either my error or the car's.

2000 Trans Am

Don't mean to steal your thread, but alarm did you end up going with and was it easy to install?
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

was the excallibur. Supposed be the best out. I comes with the car start option as well as a remote that alerts you when it goes off. Basically cheaper then just doing a remote start. Also comes with a battery back-up incase somebody got smart and cut your battery

He told me our cars are harder then most. he has not done a trans am in a while.

some of our cars have a feature in the factory alarm called the wrap system. if you trigger the alarm you cannot use the the door locks or anything like that.

So his install was a little more involved then your standard install.

IF anyone was interested I could ask him about a group buy... He's a stand up guy.

black
    2002 WS6

I woud start with disabeling the the command start (remote start) and look for the VATS bypass sticky. Those could be conflicting with each other as the computer looks for the key to start the engine, The remote start is probably confusing it.

Thread Information