Thread: Running lights?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Running lights?

Does any one know why my '02 WS6 does not have daytime running lights? The marker lights do not come on unless I turn them on.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

It should have them... do you have a special switch for DRL(daytime running light)? It should be first click fogs.. second click lights... explain

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

I don't see any special switch. It has off, markers/fog light, headlights. Everything works properly... just no Daytime running lights. All fuses are good.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Someone might have disabled them. It is a common mod around here... ill add more when i find out.. what im talking about.. lol...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

I'm the second owner, but I think you are right. I think the previous owner disabled them. If you can find out how to turn them back on I would like to do that. Thanks.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

There is a post on here. I cant find it but you take out the stereo on there is a panel with a blue wire with a clip that you unplug... im still looking

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

found the following information from the link below. Thought it would be really helpful and looks fairly simple (and reversible).

Disable Auto Head Light and Day Running Lights

Disabling the Day Running lights and the Auto Headlight on feature is quite an easy mod and can be reversed just as easy. This mod takes approx. 10 min. and all the tools needed are a socket set.

1. Lift the trim plate from around the radio and climate control panel. No tools are needed as it is held on by pressure clips. Set it aside.
    2. Take out the four hex screws holding in the radio in. (Note) You don’t need to disconnect the battery for this operation BUT if you do, make sure you know the code for your radio if it is enabled. You will need it to ensure your radio operates after putting it back in.
    3. Move the radio aside and look into the dash. In the upper right corner on the firewall you will see a small black box with two wire harnesses attached to it (about the size of a pack of camels).
    4. Lift the box in an upward motion, it’s on a slide clip. Bring the box out of the dash, there is plenty of wire to manage easily. Disconnect the wire harness with the BLUE wire in it, just let it hang out of the way. THAT’S IT!
    5. Re-install the wire box, radio and faceplate.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Hmmm.. thats easier than I expected it would be... I've NEVER liked the idea of auto lights... but always hit the fogs right after turning off TCS anyway... but might do it anyway. Thanks man!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    found the following information from the link below. Thought it would be really helpful and looks fairly simple (and reversible).

Disable Auto Head Light and Day Running Lights

Disabling the Day Running lights and the Auto Headlight on feature is quite an easy mod and can be reversed just as easy. This mod takes approx. 10 min. and all the tools needed are a socket set.

1. Lift the trim plate from around the radio and climate control panel. No tools are needed as it is held on by pressure clips. Set it aside.
    2. Take out the four hex screws holding in the radio in. (Note) You don’t need to disconnect the battery for this operation BUT if you do, make sure you know the code for your radio if it is enabled. You will need it to ensure your radio operates after putting it back in.
    3. Move the radio aside and look into the dash. In the upper right corner on the firewall you will see a small black box with two wire harnesses attached to it (about the size of a pack of camels).
    4. Lift the box in an upward motion, it’s on a slide clip. Bring the box out of the dash, there is plenty of wire to manage easily. Disconnect the wire harness with the BLUE wire in it, just let it hang out of the way. THAT’S IT!
    5. Re-install the wire box, radio and faceplate.
    All right! Thanks man!

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Cool, now maybe i'll finally disable mine. Didn't realize it was that easy!
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WS6 KILLS View Post
    Cool, now maybe i'll finally disable mine. Didn't realize it was that easy!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

hmmm, since I got my smoked lens covers, I've been thinking about disco'ing them but, then I don't know. Could take me awhile to decide. Great info though.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

I've always liked the looks of the yellow markers on a black trans am when I meet one on the road. I don't like the idea of auto headlights though. I might want to sneak in or out of somewhere.
    Last edited by Mr. Bobo; 07-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bobo View Post
    I've always liked the looks of the yellow markers on a black trans am when I meet one on the road. I don't like the idea of auto headlights though. I might want to sneak in our out of somewhere.
    Yeah, only the brake lights would give you away at that point......lol.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Thread Information