Dark Green
    1991 Firebird

Rubbing problem now..... Or something Else. Help Please.

Well let me make this short and sweet, I was driving down to a friends house in speedway Indiana, Everything is fine going down the highway, t-tops off dirt in eyes couldn't see.. LOL..

anyways, After I started to take my friend to Broadripple, I turn left and I hear this Rubbing like Grinding sound from the right side, so I look in the hatch to see if anything was loose, the spare and other things, So I put eveything back like it should be, I start going, nothing so far, thought I fixed it, wrong, turn left again, same thing, So now I am pissed at the road work people for having one lane and driving over man holes that were sticking out of the ground.

This Only Happens When I Trun Left, and my buddys granddad said it was the brake (sp?) Drums, but it don't do it turning right or backing up, or just moving.
    I need some Help ASAP.
    Thanks
    Robert.

Black
    1987 Firebird

Could be a sticky caliper causing the brake pad to rub the rotor, could be a worn CV joint or even a worn wheel bearing. Hahaha, quite the little checklist. Goodluck, I had a friend who had the same problem in her 2000 Tiburon but I can't remember what she told me it was....more than likely it's one of the afforementioned problems.

SOM
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Noise from rear of the car?

"my buddys granddad said it was the brake (sp?) Drums"
    LOL there are no brake drums on these cars, they are disc brakes front and back.
    This was in the last post "could be a worn CV joint" no CV joints in these cars either not a front wheel drive or and IRS, the rear axle is straight, it may be the the noise you are hearing from the rear of the car; How many miles on the car? I would change your fluid in the rear end and make sure you add the limited slip diff oil (4 oz.)to it, beware if it's a Auburn (Firehawk optional upgrade) Differential DON'T use Synthetic diff lube if it's a stock GM Diff use Synthetic!

Dark Green
    1991 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by my1973form View Post
    "my buddys granddad said it was the brake (sp?) Drums"
    LOL there are no brake drums on these cars, they are disc brakes front and back.
    This was in the last post "could be a worn CV joint" no CV joints in these cars either not a front wheel drive or and IRS, the rear axle is straight, it may be the the noise you are hearing from the rear of the car; How many miles on the car? I would change your fluid in the rear end and make sure you add the limited slip diff oil (4 oz.)to it, beware if it's a Auburn (Firehawk optional upgrade) Differential DON'T use Synthetic diff lube if it's a stock GM Diff use Synthetic!
    The car is a 1991 firebird, has 171 miles on it, yes it does have brake drums in the back. I took it to Midas so they could check it out, come to find out, the right side drum needs complete replaceing, the dipshit who put them on last used the wrong springs. So when I get the money, I will replace Both sides. I already have new disk brakes on the front.

Thread Information