Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    2003 Acura RSX

RSX Type S feels like a Sewing Machine....

After I took out a 2002 yellow Collector's Edition Trans Am WS6 6-speed with no skipshift. I'm still recovering from this test drive, as it has completely rendered my peppy little 4 banger RSX impotent. No matter how hard I rev my own car now, it feels like its not moving anymore.

I've been an import guy all my life (Integra, RSX, Civic, etc.). They are nice practical cars. Previously, I took out a friends '01 Mustang GT out for a spin once and thought it was a piece of junk. But after my first ever encounter with an F-body car, I'm completely hooked to it.

I've been researching F-bodies for a long time and know alot about them. But all the negative peanut gallery opinions of my friends about this car prevented me from ever trying it out or consider getting one. But now that I have actually driven it, I have to say alot of the people who cut this car down don't know what they are talking about. These LS1 F-bodies are weapons. I'm sure you guys on this board have heard all this stuff before so I don't want to bore you guys too much. But just consider that you have a new convert on board. American Muscle Rules!!!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that is probably the most amazign "first post" i've ever read....

WELCOME HOME, MAN!!!

outta curiosity-who said what about this particular car? people who owned it, or just generally ignorant people?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i do admit, they come with a never ending price tag-but shit ya those worries goway when you drop to 2nd @ 50 mph and wipe your ass with the guy next to you...

BlueEyedDevil141
    Why do you care what they say? It's not like you can hear them over the big ass motor anyways!

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i wanna know if it's blatent ignorance as most ricers are, or if it's actual f-bod owners. why do you car why i care that i care, care bear?

White
    2003 Acura RSX

Generally ignorant people trash this car. And in alot of cases they've never driven it. Typical comments: Its too heavy, can't handle, its a low class white trash car, etc. None of which is true once you drive it. It can easily outhandle any 'stang out there and its not much heavier than a Mustang, but puts down an extra 50+ horses to the wheels. Great car. You need Viper or a new vette to beat it. No ricer can.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by rray200
    Generally ignorant people trash this car. And in alot of cases they've never driven it. Typical comments: Its too heavy, can't handle, its a low class white trash car, etc. None of which is true once you drive it. It can easily outhandle any 'stang out there and its not much heavier than a Mustang, but puts down an extra 50+ horses to the wheels. Great car. You need Viper or a new vette to beat it. No ricer can.
    i'm only assuming you have ricer friends or acquaintences premised on the car you currently drive, dont' take offense if i'm wrong....but they are in for a loop when you show up with one of the last ws.6's ever built....i highly suggest having it tuned as soon as you roll out of the shop-it'll give you a quick 20-30 HP gain...not to mention, drop a clearlid and k/n filter on that sucker....mmmmm makes me moist jsut thinking about modding a stock LS1...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

your ricer friends wont be able to talk shit because you'll have a faster car than any of them, if they do talk shit race them for slips

White
    2003 Acura RSX

The big problem for me though in getting an LS1 WS6 Trans Am is price. I live in Canada and here these cars are outrageously expensive. The Collector's Edition WS6 I drove was going for $32,000 Cdn. That's how much my RSX Type S cost me brand new, and the Trans Am is three years old! Brand new, the WS6 sold for over $40,000. Up here in Canada, its a very upscale car that very few people have greenbacks to buy. Its was always at least $6000-$7000 more expensive than the Mustang. That's one of the reasons I avoided looking at it for so long. Its a shame I fell in love with it after they stopped making it. I'm looking around for a low $20,000 one. There are a few around here and there. But not many. With the snow up here, itl'll be my summer car. I'll wait and see.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

glad u liked ur test drive. the RSX is a cool car, but the 02 WS6 is on another level as far as im concerned. ur buddies may not like the Fbody, but if u did get it, im sure their view will change after u take them for a quick blast down the road (or when they get sick of losing to u). plus, u drove the CE, i cant see how a person could not think that was an awesome looking car. the yellow w/ blk rims

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

LOL, now you know what a "sports car" is, and what an "econo shitbox" is.

Pontiac Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by rray200
    The big problem for me though in getting an LS1 WS6 Trans Am is price. I live in Canada and here these cars are outrageously expensive. The Collector's Edition WS6 I drove was going for $32,000 Cdn. That's how much my RSX Type S cost me brand new, and the Trans Am is three years old! Brand new, the WS6 sold for over $40,000. Up here in Canada, its a very upscale car that very few people have greenbacks to buy. Its was always at least $6000-$7000 more expensive than the Mustang. That's one of the reasons I avoided looking at it for so long. Its a shame I fell in love with it after they stopped making it. I'm looking around for a low $20,000 one. There are a few around here and there. But not many. With the snow up here, itl'll be my summer car. I'll wait and see.
    I was in the same boat. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have been looking for an LS-1 for some time. When the odd one comes up for sale, it's priced sky-high...I ended up driving down to Iowa to pick up a 99 WS-6 convertible, 6-speed, 19,000miles, with headers, cat-back, suspension is done on the car and it ended up costing me just under $23grand canadian to get it up here. Definitely worthwhile going south for me

White
    2003 Acura RSX

I know what you mean. I have seen alot of them on sale on eBay in the states that look very affordable. Is that how you got yours?

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Look at getting an earlier model... 98-00 or something and drop down across the border to buy it... I'm sure you can find one in that price range down here with low miles and in excellent condition....

Chris1985
    thats wat i will be doing also..i live in edmonton, alberta....and 98+ f bodies are very rare..i have seen 98 camaro z28 go for around 21 grand here with 100,000 kms = around 65 000 miles...its ridiculous...i will be going to the states to find a car...alot better selection and hell of alot cheaper... if you are considering this go to this web site and learn how to import a vehicle over the boarder... www.riv.ca goodluck

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's b/c camaros aren't as elite as the firebird.

Black
    97 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1985
    thats wat i will be doing also..i live in edmonton, alberta....and 98+ f bodies are very rare..i have seen 98 camaro z28 go for around 21 grand here with 100,000 kms = around 65 000 miles...its ridiculous...i will be going to the states to find a car...alot better selection and hell of alot cheaper... if you are considering this go to this web site and learn how to import a vehicle over the boarder... www.riv.ca goodluck
    I hear you there, I'm from Edmonton too, and you always see them hovering right around 30 grand if it's got up to 50,000 km on it. It's usually worse at dealerships if you happen to see one there. I've never seen an LS1 at a dealership for under $32,000. Now would be a good time to grab an LS1 from the states while the Canadian dollar is so strong, the difference would be pretty minimal.

White
    2003 Acura RSX

Probably old news for alot of the LS1 owners on this group. But this is a great compilation video, especially for future LS1 owners:

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/videos/F_Body_Havoc.wmv

Black
    99 SS

thats a long vid.

HEY therer is a WS6 2002 anniversy, they want 26,000 for it wyou can talk it down, complety stock!!! 25,000 miles. loaded, power locks do not work, so you could talk them down.

here it is man! take a look!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...rdist=8#vdptop

Hey people..
    I must admit that I was concerned to spend the extra money to get my ws6 but let me just say that it is the "sexiest" buy i have had buy far. and for the little buddy up in canada lookin for a good price.. I picked up a 2000 ws6 for 17g's and it had less than 19k miles on it..
    so if u want to talk about sexy... ohhh it is sooooo sexy

Thread Information