Thread: Rotors!

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Cool Rotors!

HI THERE BUDS! JUST ME THE PAIN IN THE *ss question asker,..
    ok heres go,... rotors are the topic, why are the ws6's notorious for warping rotors?.. it seems i warp rotors at the drop of a hat, ive replaced once, and had them cut once, now im starting to notice, what feels like they are warped or warping yet again,.. IM TRULY NOT HARD ON MY BRAKES, believe me, i have a lead foot but i never wait to the last minute to use the brakes, so why is this happening, ive only got 47,000 miles on it

Black
    2001 Pontiac

What rotors are you using now that it has done it again?
    It's not only the WS6. It's GM rotors, ...

Red
    2000 TRANS AM WS6 RAM AIR

Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    HI THERE BUDS! JUST ME THE PAIN IN THE *ss question asker,..
    ok heres go,... rotors are the topic, why are the ws6's notorious for warping rotors?.. it seems i warp rotors at the drop of a hat, ive replaced once, and had them cut once, now im starting to notice, what feels like they are warped or warping yet again,.. IM TRULY NOT HARD ON MY BRAKES, believe me, i have a lead foot but i never wait to the last minute to use the brakes, so why is this happening, ive only got 47,000 miles on it
    Welcome to the pulsating club, My 00 SS and my 00 T/A about every 5000 miles start pulsating, both are low mileage beauties, Garage Queens what ever.

Tried the drilled and slotted rotors on the front of the SS and they sound like meat grinders. UGH!

Ted.

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    What rotors are you using now that it has done it again?
    It's not only the WS6. It's GM rotors, ...
    BINGO! you hit that one right on the freakin head! gm, of course, no wonder they cant seem to keep there business up to par! grrrrrrrrrrr... between warping rotors, and cats going bad, i cant freakin win for losing!

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000RamAir View Post
    Welcome to the pulsating club, My 00 SS and my 00 T/A about every 5000 miles start pulsating, both are low mileage beauties, Garage Queens what ever.

Tried the drilled and slotted rotors on the front of the SS and they sound like meat grinders. UGH!

Ted.
    o god! i cant believe this, so enlighten me please, have you found one that seems to do the job without the grinding noise, and yet not frequent warping!! inquiring minds wanna know

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000RamAir View Post

Ted.
    pulsating club huh?.. well add me to the list,.. if it starts pulsating as bad as it did last time, im gonna be needing carpel tunnel surgery on the wrist trying to control the wheel!

Red
    2000 TRANS AM WS6 RAM AIR

Quote Originally Posted by trixysrace11 View Post
    pulsating club huh?.. well add me to the list,.. if it starts pulsating as bad as it did last time, im gonna be needing carpel tunnel surgery on the wrist trying to control the wheel!
    I am going to try NAPA Premium Rotors Next I have been seeing good results on other cars and trucks I do.

Ted.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

use brembo blanks next time..........OR just buy the cheap ass chinese rotors and hope for the best....on my 99z i ran them for a good 20k up until i sold the car w/o them warping ..delco rotors are a ripoff

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

I put Wagner Brake rotors and Bosch Pads(Made by performance friction) on my car. The rotors are listed as thicker than stock to avoid warpage and cracking. Part numbers BD125618 on the rotors. I have had them on since winter. I have had them at the track, I have gone on decent trips, and had to lock them up solid more than once to avoid non-driving idiots. No warpage at all! I am very happy with them and the price was alot less than drilled and slotted. I have them here at my store for sale.

maple red metalic
    2000 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    use brembo blanks next time..........OR just buy the cheap ass chinese rotors and hope for the best....on my 99z i ran them for a good 20k up until i sold the car w/o them warping ..delco rotors are a ripoff
    Thanks a bunch guys!.. by the way, yup they are definately showing beginning signs of warpage ONCE AGAIN,... went out at lunch today, and noticed it for sure,.. DAMN IT!

Black
    2000 TA

I've used duralast rotors from Autozone and had good luck. I've heard that not torquing the lug's down correctly may warp rotors over time.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Yes over torquing your lugs will warp your rotors fairly quick I got cheap x drilled sloted rotors and hawk pads from ebay for around 280 all 4 rotors and pads think they are xs or somthing like that I have had no problems with them only get the grind on hard stops and its not that loud my car stops on a dime no pulse

Black
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Yeah make sure you tq them to spec.

try www.ws6store.com

that is where i've got mine, and im using ceramic pads. I have no problems, and brakes feel & look awesome.

Thread Information