Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Rotor and brake help!

Hey everybody. I need new rotors and pads. The person at Firestone said that the front brakes were 90% gone, but I figured I might as well do both front and back while I am at it. I came across the 4 slotted package on the ws6 store for $169. Are they good? I know not to get them drilled, but the slotted I think will be OK. OR I came across these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...spagenameZWDVW

What do you guys think? The ebay ones I can get slotted and dimpled, which I think will look very nice, but I am thinking more about quality and longevity. I am also not looking to spend a ton on rotors.

For brake pads, Strauss Auto had semi-metallic pads for $70 for the whole set. Are they worth it?

I am looking to get these done in the near future.

Thanks for you help

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Anybody???? I really need to make a decision soon.

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

I have the same set, and they are pretty good in dry conditions. If its raining you will have a second of "dry-off" time before you will stop. Kinda scary but I got used to it. Also, I've heard of them cracking under extreme conditions (ie AutoCrossing and Road Courses).

Hope this helps

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Thank you. I am glad somebody finally responded...

White
    1998 Trans Am

I went with the front slotted rotors. Noticed a big difference at the track when hot lapping. They don't get hot & fade out ! I also heard that the drilled rotors get cracks at the holes...

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Yeah, I did some good research on this site. I went with the ebay ones, realizing that they were from the same company. $155 for all 4! I got them slotted and dimpled. The dimpled is just for looks, but I really think they are going to look sharp! I also just got 4 new Bridgestone Potenza RE-760 sports.. they look awesome! Next year I want to get some C6 chromes for the summers.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Sounds like a great deal !

Awaiting Activation

black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    For brake pads, Strauss Auto had semi-metallic pads for $70 for the whole set. Are they worth it?

I'm thinking metallic pads are made more for longevity than performance. Am I thinking along the right lines here? Anyone know?

I have ceramic pads on my DD Buick. I got them to reduce brake dust on the rims. Thay also perform great. When it comes time to replace the brake pads on the TA, I'm going to look into ceramic.

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I have Semi-metallic and they do not create much dust

White
    1998 Trans Am

ceramic pads here. like them !

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

ceramic pad have them on all my cars & suv

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

auto zone Duralast lifetime pads here........work great, very little dust and $60 for all 4 wheels

Artic White
    99 TA ,97 Jeep TJ(Dead)

Yeah, I did some good research on this site. I went with the ebay ones, realizing that they were from the same company. $155 for all 4! I got them slotted and dimpled. The dimpled is just for looks, but I really think they are going to look sharp! I also just got 4 new Bridgestone Potenza RE-760 sports.. they look awesome! Next year I want to get some C6 chromes for the summers.
    I was wondering if you got the rotors on & how they where doing, I'm looking at the same set, already got the TA Brakes Off cleaning & trying to decide if I want to go ahead & do the rotors while I've got them off, or just the pads for now.

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

i am running hawks pads all four corners and i love them also with the rotors i am running baer eradispeeds slotted and drilled and no issues there either..

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Hey everybody. I need new rotors and pads. The person at Firestone said that the front brakes were 90% gone, but I figured I might as well do both front and back while I am at it. I came across the 4 slotted package on the ws6 store for $169. Are they good? I know not to get them drilled, but the slotted I think will be OK. OR I came across these on ebay:

What do you guys think? The ebay ones I can get slotted and dimpled, which I think will look very nice, but I am thinking more about quality and longevity. I am also not looking to spend a ton on rotors.

Thanks for you help
    have your stock rotors resurfaced. Get a set of Hawk Pads from any of our sponsors. I use this combination on the autoX and it has performed exquisitly. IF you absolutely want the cross drilled/slotted "look" then buy a top of the line set like Baer or Brembo.

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy9911 View Post
    I was wondering if you got the rotors on & how they where doing, I'm looking at the same set, already got the TA Brakes Off cleaning & trying to decide if I want to go ahead & do the rotors while I've got them off, or just the pads for now.

I did not put them on yet, they just came in the mail yesterday. I am going to install them this week. I will let you know how it goes!

Artic White
    99 TA ,97 Jeep TJ(Dead)

I did not put them on yet, they just came in the mail yesterday. I am going to install them this week. I will let you know how it goes!
    I sent them a email told them I wanted the slotted/dimpled, & They replied If I pay tonight or tomorrow, any style shipped Wednesday, here Friday for $180 PayPal(1 yr warranty). So what the Hell, I guess that will give me that much more cleaning/painting(maybe polishing) time now. In the Jeep for another week it looks like. Definitely let me know how yours turn out, I guess mine will be going on Friday when they get here( you could always come & do it for me since you'll be experienced with the product )

Artic White
    99 TA ,97 Jeep TJ(Dead)

At Auto Zone the Duralast that they have in stock is $171.96 with tax for 4, so I'd rather spend $8 more bucks

red
    2002 z/28

Thanks for you help
    whats wrong with slotted and drilled rotors?i found all 4 rotors slotted and drilled and cryod on ebay for 200.00.used hawks front and rear and flushed the brake system with dot 4.no more fade,good wet weather stopping.been on for a year with no problems.

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy9911 View Post
    I sent them a email told them I wanted the slotted/dimpled, & They replied If I pay tonight or tomorrow, any style shipped Wednesday, here Friday for $180 PayPal(1 yr warranty). So what the Hell, I guess that will give me that much more cleaning/painting(maybe polishing) time now. In the Jeep for another week it looks like. Definitely let me know how yours turn out, I guess mine will be going on Friday when they get here( you could always come & do it for me since you'll be experienced with the product )

Awesome! Congrats. I think I am going to put mine on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let you know as soon as they go on.

Thread Information