Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RIP Delilah..

This is a discussion on RIP Delilah.. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Sorry to see that I lost my first T/A an Arctic White '99, due to some idiot goin straight thru ...

black
    2001 Trans Am

Sorry to see that I lost my first T/A an Arctic White '99, due to some idiot goin straight thru a turnin lane. I really hope there's not alot of frame damage so you can get her back on the road. Stupid drivers, I really wish a person was allowed to punch them in the face....

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

it will never be the same after anyway... prolly best to get the check and move on

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Sorry to hear about this.

Just this evening I was coming back from getting some grub (BK Whopper FTW) and encounterd a douche making a left turn in front of me. Thanx to me paying attention I was able to slow down and avoid him. 1st time I've ever felt the ABS pulse in the 98. That's how fast I had to slow down.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Sorry too hear about your car

I guess the laws are different down there?

In Canada if you have a lein on a car you must have full coverage the lending institution requires it.

White
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Maybe its a state thing...you have to have full-coverage on a car with a loan here as well.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

It depends, mine had frame damage to a rear rail or something and they were able to straighten it. How many miles were on it?

white
    1998 Trans Am

man im sorry to hear about your car.. im know exactly how you feel though man.. i had to wait 14 years to be able to get my bird.. had nobody to help me either.. worked my ass off and finally got one.. only had it since dec 23rd and it in the shop getting a new motor in her.. im scraping by as good as i can with the cost of the motor and installation fee.. for the next month every penny i have goes toward fixing my car. i would literally cry like a baby if someone hit my car.. i only have liability on mine right now.. im goin to have to call and see what full coverage would run me... just thinking about that scares the crap out of me.. hopefully things work out for you..

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

It was getting close to 150k. I'm crossing my fingers, praying, hopping, anything that they won't total it :/

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

[thumb]http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab173/xdannyxrocksx/photo1.

Click for full size
    It can be fixed,but if they total it out,buy it back & let that bird fly again

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    man im sorry to hear about your car.. im know exactly how you feel though man.. i had to wait 14 years to be able to get my bird.. had nobody to help me either.. worked my ass off and finally got one.. only had it since dec 23rd and it in the shop getting a new motor in her.. im scraping by as good as i can with the cost of the motor and installation fee.. for the next month every penny i have goes toward fixing my car. i would literally cry like a baby if someone hit my car.. i only have liability on mine right now.. im goin to have to call and see what full coverage would run me... just thinking about that scares the crap out of me..
    hopefully things work out for you..
    Thats what i LOVE about Texas insurance is dirt cheap,even if you get full coverage,with these cars its a must to have full coverage on these fbodys,but i know everybody cant afford it,but without it we stand to lose too much
    http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...G/IMAG1370.jpg
    In The Words of Ed Hamburger of SLP "The Muscle Car Is Not Dead"
    Camaro/Trans Am Team....SSuperior Motorsports "Leaders In The Performance World"
    T/Tops on any Trans Am Or Camaro,Just Gives The Car That Distictive Look

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

sorry for your situation. i hope you get taken care of.

simply looking at the pics, they will total it. radiator core support damge is frame damage and the amount of time to simply pull it, will cost a pretty $$$.

best senario for you would be to have them total it out/hopefully they pay off what you owe and you try to buy the car back to part out.

good luck, and again, sorry for your loss

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    it will never be the same after anyway... prolly best to get the check and move on
    he could get it fixed,sell it & buy another

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

with, as he put it, close to 150k on the car, it's not worth it. there is simply to much damage.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

That sucks man. I would buy it back and sell it for someone else to part out haha. Don't let them short you on what your car was worth if it is totaled. Insurance companies are the worst.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Her Agent contacted me. Going to pick up a rental tomorrow, then try are picking up my car also.

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

don't know if this will relate to your situation at all, but 5 years ago my Brother was T-Boned at 60mph by a 16 year old that ran a red light, he (my brother) was driving his souped up '97 240SX, it was obvious it was going to be totaled but the way the insurance company worked it would pay for replacement value of the car not any upgrades/modifications made to the car unless he had reciepts, so while the insurance companies decided what they were doing we bailed the car out of the impund/tow yard and stripped all the salvageable aftermarket parts back off it, it was totaled out and they towed it away to scrap it a week later. He was able to get paid a couple thousand more for the pieces he did have reciepts for and made an additional couple thousand on the parts we were able to strip before it was scrapped. It had aftermarket 17" rims when it got hit, it had 16" stock rims with bald tires when it was scrapped, turbo and custom made exhaust manifold removed and sold, aftermarket radio, stainless ehxaust all removed and resold.

I am not advocating insurance fraud by any means, but when you have thousands more into your car than the insurance company is going to cover I see this as a legitimate option.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Alright guys, insurance has declared her at a total loss. Can't explain my feelings right now.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Sorry to hear that man. I know how it feels to be in an accident when its not your fault. Do you know what they are going to give you for it?

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Haven't heard yet till tomorrow.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

As a previous poster stated, ask to buy it back. They should give you what the salvage value is for the vehicle. Try to negotiate that value down if you can. Now keep in mind some insurance companies will not or only provide limited coverage for a car that was previously deemed totaled. Also, to help fight to keep your car, do some research and find out how much a replacement would cost and ask the insurance for the money to buy it. If they offer less than the cost of an average car with the same specs, mileage, etc as your car, then you have some leverage to keep it. Good luck with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information