Unhappy rim paint or just rim pain?!

I've got the 16" ZL1s [non-chrome] riding on my bird; I've done a minimal amount of price shopping for getting them powdercoated black and the best estimate I received thusfar is $60 per wheel. I had a set of 17" ZL1s that I used when I went to the track back in the day and I painted them myself but they got brown really quick with only a single layer of clearcoat. My question is would it be worth getting them done by a professional and if so, how much should I expect to pay? I actually like the 16"s...."they spin real quick like bubba!" Thanks in advance.
    <Copilot> to <Griswald>://"Hey man, better back it off or we're gonna be hooking it tonight!"\\//<Griswald> to <Copilot>://"Is that an aircraft carrier?!"

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Get em powdercoated, dont keep wastin your time with paintin yourself. It will be worth it in the end. Make sure that the 60 bucks isnt reflective of quality, ask to see some of their work. I would suggest applying your own clear coat too after they powdercoat.

...sounds fair enough. i appreciate the insight...just the thought of having to repaint over bumpy @ss work that i did the week before makes me grimace...

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Yea i know what you mean. When i had my cutlass years ago i wanted black rims to go with my black car, and spraypainted them myself. Well as im sure you've noticed, they chip extremely easily even with clearcoat layers. So i ended up having them powdercoated to save myself the hassle. 60 bucks is a fair price though, anything less and you can start to expect it to be poor quality.

Thumbs up

sweet...i went back up and saw the guy on my lunch break who gave me the name of the sand blaster contact they use prior to having the rims brought to them and after talking to both parties about the process, Im thinking thats the right route to go...thanks again man...

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

No problem dude. Post some pics of em after you get it done, i'd like to see how they turned out.

....all over it

Thread Information