Thread: Is this right?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Is this right?

I am in the middle of a complete service and just pulled the heater hose assembly for replacement. The service manual simply instructs you to unclamp the hoses, remove the bolt on the mid-rail, and remove the hose assembly from the vehicle.

Yeah, right! I ended up pulling my starter and and the wire harness that runs to the starter (which includes the front O2 sensor and two other sensors). This is the harness that is wrapped in silver heat reflective tape and drops down behind the passenger side strut tower.

On our car, the harness ran over TOP of the hose assembly. From the drawings in the manual, it appears that it should be run UNDER the hose assembly -- which would allow the hose assembly to be removed without the extra shenanigans.

Which is correct? Over top or under the heater hose assembly?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Just looked at mine, it is the same way yours was, the wiring harness is on top of the hose assembly.

Were your hoses leaking, or were you just doing some PM?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Just some PM... the car has 71,000 on it and everything under the hood appears to be original. Thank you for the reply!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Sure! BTW, are you keeping your OE stuff? You know somewhere down the line it will make the car win more points/be worth more to some fanatical collector.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Absolutely... last year of the beast. Any mods will be subtle upgrades that do not take away from what the car is. I don't think we'll be letting this one go, but you never know. Thank you again for the help... I installed the new heater hose assembly last night (lot of fun that was) and will re-run the wire harness this evening.

Thread Information