Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Review on U.S. Exotics WS9 Hood

This is a discussion on Review on U.S. Exotics WS9 Hood within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Roger still makes hoods? I thought he sold the molds to VFN. Anyways he took a few months with mine. ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Roger still makes hoods? I thought he sold the molds to VFN. Anyways he took a few months with mine. I think I had forgotten about it by the time he contacted me again.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    mine took about 4-5 weeks i believe. . . he should have yours done soon
    I hope so When I bought it he said it looked like it would only be one and a half to two weeks and it has now been a month. So I was just wondering how long it took for some other peoples to get done.
    I just wish he would answer my email. I don't mind if he got behind for what ever reason but an update would be nice.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan6916 View Post
    I hope so When I bought it he said it looked like it would only be one and a half to two weeks and it has now been a month. So I was just wondering how long it took for some other peoples to get done.
    I just wish he would answer my email. I don't mind if he got behind for what ever reason but an update would be nice.
    well i guess just be patient. . . he gets very busy and doesn't want to rush your hood and hurt the quality craftsmenship.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Ya I know. I have read tons of great things about the quality of his work. Can't wait to see it on my car.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
    the TT car was just completed, no numbers as of yet....the Formula went 13.3@106 with a lid.
    Get that TT turd runnin yet??

I orderded my hood over 6 months ago. I still haven't gotten it I would not recommend getting anything from Him. He still has my $600 too.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by spaz1 View Post
    I orderded my hood over 6 months ago. I still haven't gotten it I would not recommend getting anything from Him. He still has my $600 too.
    Somehow I find that hard to believe.. Ever cross your mind to call or email him? I waited 2months for mine and he fricken hand delivered it, a 2hr drive to my house. Anyone who downs the work roger does is a moron. Plain and simple. The hoods are excellent and mine fit almost perfect, he is very busy and alot of times is hard to get ahole of but either hes out or hes working on hoods, you guys gotta remember he does all the work by himself and has no help at all.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Roger delivered mine to my house too. I paid cash in person. My fit was not quite perfect but for the price I'm happy.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Somehow I find that hard to believe.. Ever cross your mind to call or email him? I waited 2months for mine and he fricken hand delivered it, a 2hr drive to my house. Anyone who downs the work roger does is a moron. Plain and simple. The hoods are excellent and mine fit almost perfect, he is very busy and alot of times is hard to get ahole of but either hes out or hes working on hoods, you guys gotta remember he does all the work by himself and has no help at all.
    I agree, spaz1 have you contacted him yet? I mean I know it takes him a while but still he will get back to you as the guy is busy as hell (If I recall he is a one man operation...so yeah). It may take a while but trust me you will be not be disappointed.

Sadly I haven't got mine fitted/painted/etc yet as I been slacking on the bird the past year (can't believe that much time has past..) due to school/time/money...grr lol.

I have 10 emails from him saying he is sorry, with tons of excuses. I can forward them all to anyone who wants to read them .I have talked to him on the phone a couple times. Now his mail box on the cell phone is full 717 752 0170 is full and he never seems to answer the shop phone when I call 717 338 0169. I feel pretty ripped off now. If any one near there can go see him for me and have this resolved I will make it worth your time. Thanks,Chris. I can send you the paypal recipt or a copy of it to prove the $600 that I sent him for a ws9 hood.
    Thanks,Chris.

Here is the last one I got from him jan 10 th.

Chris!!!... I'm so sorry again for all of this buddy, I truly am. Between my net, AOL, phones, heat, electric and everything else getting turned off and on here it's been really rough trying to get any traction and get anything done for the people I owe. I HAVE gotten my phones, net, and email back on now though and just got heat back in the shop. So basically as of this week I'm back to fully operational. I've got my freight company paid up now as well, which has been a big hold-up since I was into them for a few thousand and had a tough time getting money in when I'd have no heat to cure the parts I needed to build and sell, etc.... BUT I've been gaining some ground here and can finally get you and the others I'm in debt to taken care of with what I initially owe... and hopefully it won't be long after that I can offer you some freebies or cash to help compensate for some of the inconvenience I've caused. I don't know if I had told you before, but I am restructuring my entire business here to ensure that I'll never have to go through this, or put good people like yourself through this ever again. I'm going to be outsourcing most of my production to the shop where I originally learned the trade, and they are great craftsmen over there so no quality will be lost in the transition. I'm looking to dedicate the majority of my efforts here to design and fabrication, which is what I enjoy more than anything... developing and designing brand new parts. I have so many unfinished prototypes sitting around the shop for years and design ideas in my head that I've never gotten anything finished on because I'd be too bogged down with production to fill orders. With hand-building every single part by myself, it's apparent that if I continue this way I'd never be able to create everything I'd like to. I'm planning to design new bumpercovers, sideskirts, hatches, wings, even widebody kits for the 4th gen birds, so there will hopefully be plenty of opportunities for me to build some custom parts for you to help make up for some of the frustration I've caused you. If it's something you'd be interested in, I'd be happy to get my hands on a convertible trunk in order to fabricate a custom version with true wing. I'm definitely open to any suggestions you have to help me begin to compensate you for all of this. As long as I can keep things running here which I'm hoping won't be an issue anymore, I'll be able to keep in touch with you and update you with the new stuff I'm working on to see what you want. Anyhow... TUESDAY is finally the day that I've got freight shipping again, your hood included. I've still got the updated address here, so I'm all set. I'll follow up with an email as soon as it leaves to verify all the tracking info. Thanks again for being SO patient with me through all this, and truly am very grateful for that... and plan on showing plenty of gratitude in the near future to you with new parts or anything else I can help you with. Talk to you soon Chris. -Roger

Pewter
    2001 formula

we didnt have any problems with him when we did buisness and the hood fit perfect, i will take some getting use to since its 2 inches higher

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ttspics189.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...ttspics063.jpg

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01 LS1 Formula View Post
    we didnt have any problems with him when we did buisness and the hood fit perfect, i will take some getting use to since its 2 inches higher

Yours fit alot better then mine lol, I had a lil bit of a space down on the bottom by the bumper but its pretty much fixed, not that good tho but still in a acceptable range easily

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 LS1 Formula View Post

On the T/A... is that a Superhawk outlaw? BTW, That is the best looking hood I've every seen!!!!

He told me he was only making the ws9 stock height and the superhawk hood stock height. I know his hoods are the best fitting and nicest aftermarket hood you can get that is why I ordered mine from him.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Spaz send him an Email telling him you want to bail. Maybe he'll offer you a discount and give you some money back. I only paid $500 for mine and he delivered it to my house. He was passing thru tho from Virginia back to Pennsylvania.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    On the T/A... is that a Superhawk outlaw? BTW, That is the best looking hood I've every seen!!!!
    Yea thats the superhawk outlaw, technically its just called Superhawk anymore because he doesnt make 2 types of superhawk anymore.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Still no word from him since 2-14-09. When he did finally email me then he said he would have it done in a week. Now its been over a month again and still no word from him.

Now he won't answer any emails or answer his phones and his voice mail and answering machine is full.
    So now I don't know what to do. I mean if something happen or for some reason he is backed up that's fine but shouldn't he at least let his customers know? Especially when the hood was supposed to be done 2 months ago.
    I wish I lived closer. I would just drive over there and see whats going on. I live 8.5 hours away.
    Does anyone live close to him and can see whats going on. There are alot of people that bought hoods and have been trying to get ahold of him for some time now with no luck.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan6916 View Post
    Still no word from him since 2-14-09. When he did finally email me then he said he would have it done in a week. Now its been over a month again and still no word from him.

Now he won't answer any emails or answer his phones and his voice mail and answering machine is full.
    So now I don't know what to do. I mean if something happen or for some reason he is backed up that's fine but shouldn't he at least let his customers know? Especially when the hood was supposed to be done 2 months ago.
    I wish I lived closer. I would just drive over there and see whats going on. I live 8.5 hours away.
    Does anyone live close to him and can see whats going on. There are alot of people that bought hoods and have been trying to get ahold of him for some time now with no luck.
    this is disappointing to hear. . . he was always prompt responding back to me. :/

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

It took him several months to get mine done too. Sucks he's got your money now tho...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information