Thread: respect

black
    1979 trans am

respect

Today I drove down to my work and to pic up some dinner. I spent most of the day washing/claying/wax and polishing my car, during my errands I could help but notice the respect a ws6 commands. Its a good feeling watching people follow your car as you drive by nodding and giving the thumbs up. My friend never gets looks like that in his mustang, even my 79 trans am that looks less than great gets the same looks. Its a great feeling

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Man i kno what u mean, the T/A is a "chick magnet" & ppl just admire these things,it really gets your ego going,anywhere i go in this car i get "madd respect" son in my N.Y.city voice LoL! I dont ever drive it dirty,so whenever i pull it out its clean,its just something distinctive about Trans Ams,mustangs dont have that appeal,some ppl wonder why i like the 77 & 78 SE T/A but its just something about those years that i like,do you notice when you're driving your T/A that ppl just stop what they're doing just to look at your car? I love that admiration that feeling is unexplainable

black
    1979 trans am

Its shocking because a 500k benz probably doesnt get those looks because in the end its just another benz. I like it because its one of the few cars that people know what they are and just admire/respect it. One of the few cars that have a heritage. Not to mention I think anyone can appreciate a well taken care of car now matter what the make/model.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    Man i kno what u mean, the T/A is a "chick magnet" & ppl just admire these things,it really gets your ego going,anywhere i go in this car i get "madd respect" son in my N.Y.city voice LoL! I dont ever drive it dirty,so whenever i pull it out its clean,its just something distinctive about Trans Ams,mustangs dont have that appeal,some ppl wonder why i like the 77 & 78 SE T/A but its just something about those years that i like,do you notice when you're driving your T/A that ppl just stop what they're doing just to look at your car? I love that admiration that feeling is unexplainable
    I would assume it is because it seems like everyone has a mustang, or atleast where I live they do. Seems like people respect cars they don't see that often.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

in my area im one of the only ws6's and i get these a lot when i pull up to a gas station or am driving through a strip mall etc... I think first they hear us then they see us and they cant look away lol. BTW the little kids love our cars so much.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by K_garretson23 View Post
    Its shocking because a 500k benz probably doesnt get those looks because in the end its just another benz. I like it because its one of the few cars that people know what they are and just admire/respect it. One of the few cars that have a heritage. Not to mention I think anyone can appreciate a well taken care of car now matter what the make/model.
    plus most ppl know that the 98-02 T/A was discontinued in 02,so you might not see them on the street as much,so ppl are just in awe when they see them especially if they're in great shape,its like when i see a very nice Chevelle,442 Cutlass or Buick GS 455 i appreciateseeing a classic car,plus i like all these cars,but with my T/A i get admired everytime i drive it

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

That's true man. I get that on my SS alot.
    Sometimes even people ask me if I wanna sell it or stuff like that. Thumps up aand compliments.
    It feels good and to me it's a good way to pay back on everything we do to our
    Cars.

A friend of mine had the 5th gem camaro v6 yellow.
    People look at mine more than his lol
    He kinda don't like that

Pewter Metallic

When i lived in New Orleans the fbody trend was always there,mostly 4th gens,even when i moved from N.O. the fbody population grew even larger,but in Houston i see 4th gen fbodys not too often,mostly i see 5th gen Camaros,but i like it like that because my T/A stands out even next to a Corvette the Trans Am demand some respect

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    That's true man. I get that on my SS alot.
    Sometimes even people ask me if I wanna sell it or stuff like that. Thumbs up aand compliments.
    It feels good and to me it's a .good way to pay back on everything we do to our
    Cars.

A friend of mine had the 5th gem camaro v6 yellow.
    People look at mine more than his lol
    He kinda don't like that
    Call me crazy,but i like the 98-02 Camaro Z28/SS more than i like the 5th gen Camaro,so i know what you mean

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

I think the same way.
    Specially the SS 98-02.
    Not a big fan of LT1s

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

out here in SoCal it is hilarious, esp now that i have LTs, ORY and LM2. All these eco friendly soccer moms give me the glare while their kids look on amazed. Had one tell me cars like mine were killing the atmosphere the other day, then her teenage son came out of the store and pointed to the T/A and said "mom, that's what i want for a car!" the look on her face was priceless!

black
    2001 Trans Am

Yep, the Trans Am commands respect from all over the world. And they just don't have a bad angle. I love mine, and love the looks she gets when people catch a glimpse of the airbrushed phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    out here in SoCal it is hilarious, esp now that i have LTs, ORY and LM2. All these eco friendly soccer moms give me the glare while their kids look on amazed. Had one tell me cars like mine were killing the atmosphere the other day, then her teenage son came out of the store and pointed to the T/A and said "mom, that's what i want for a car!" the look on her face was priceless!
    it's amazing how stupid those people are, my car may pollute more then theirs when I drove it but theirs being made pollutes more than 100 of mine

Thread Information