1966 Corvette Coupe

Researchng B4 purchase...

with the new job... and new found freedom it looks like i can finally start really figuring out what i want.

Here's what i know...Black, M6, Black Interior, WS6, and 2002

Some of you are wondering why an 02 and y a WS6...

i want an 02 because i truely beleive the camaro will come back, but the GTO will run as the sister car from the pontiac line... and i would like to have the last Trans Am... this is something that might back fire on me and end up costing me since 02's usually cost a couple thousand more than a comparalbe 00 or 01...

and a Ws6 because... i want one... eventhough it will be moddified to the point that ws6 really doesnt mean much... i like the looks and i dont want to clone one...

Ok here is where the research begings... My goal is to build a car with some serious naturally aspirated (with nirtous) horsepower... Heads, cam, intake, LT headers, Nitrous, no boring or stroking...

First off... im looking for a low mileage car... some will say its a waste of my money since ill be modding it pretty massively, to you i say.... IT'S MY CASH!

ok so when im looking for a good car, to start with... Do i need to look for a car with an ls6 block or will an ls1 block be fine?

and do i need to have the block pulled and forged internals put in it from the get go? I would do it myself, but really dont have the facilities to lift a car off the motor...

I know sarge had a wicked gto (which i think is an ls1 model) and i would really like to hear opinions from those who know..

-Me

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You after a street/ 1/4 mile beast? Auto X?....if your after a straight line haul ass monkey...the LS1 is built for that...plenty of low end grunt for sure...repsonds well to bolt ons....and 400+RWHP is easily achived in a N/A LS1 with H/C ...Headers...CAI....tune and your off....of course....suspension/clutch/tires....rear end....to put all that power to the ground.....you bet it has been done often with F-Bodies and the GTO's....
    Slap on a 100 shot of Nitrous Express and your there...500+RWHP and RWTQ....100 shot isnt gonna require and forged internals.....basic LS1 with the bolt ons mentioned above and a 100 shot on pump gas and your low 11's....high 10's with a modded A4 and a 3500rpm stall....

1966 Corvette Coupe

i want stright line go baby go... not saying that money will not also be spent on suspension to help it straighten out the curves... and im aware of all the support that is needed to lay the power to the ground... not that i wont need advice on best brands and overlooked parts...

I'm not looking to break any land speed records, i just want to have fun... and the reassurance that i can line up and compete with MOST cars on the road...

Sarge can you tell me how much your laying to the ground?... I really wanted to be laying mid 400's to the ground not sprayin and only lay like a 50-75 shot to it... can i get around 500 hp at the motor? and at what hp do you have to worry about forged internals?

not needing forged internals is a RELEIF... so fat the only thinkg i KNOW im gonna have to have professionally installed is the headers due to being unable hoist a car 4 feet in the air... and maybe the clutch for the same reason.

Thread Information