Recent body work from the wreck.

This is a discussion on Recent body work from the wreck. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; After I finally got my car finished minus bumper lettering and emblem (both are ordered), I took a few pics. ...

Red
    1998 WS6 Trans Am

Recent body work from the wreck.

After I finally got my car finished minus bumper lettering and emblem (both are ordered), I took a few pics.

I'm fairly certain that prior to wreck, my bumper had a lot smaller gap...

In the quote from insurance company, this was listed as something getting fixed... wth

I think when my lettering and badge comes in, I'll have them take a look at these two issues.

Silver
    02 Pontiac

yea the gap in my bumper looks the same way. I also think it was smaller before the wreck

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

what in the second picture am I looking for??

White
    1998 Trans Am

After looking at the gap on my bumper I have to agree something was not fixed properly. Did you pick it up on the 1st fix. I do mostly light hits and paint repairs at my shop since I can't afford all the measuring and frame racks but I have used all of them. I know anytime I go with friends to get their cars and look them over I have never had a shop fix everything the 1st or even 2nd time. It usually takes till the 3rd visit before I let anyone accept their cars after I am sure it is done right. This goes for dealer and private shops while not always the manager or owners fault sometimes it's lazy workers but a lot of times at shops I have worked for they want cars in and out and don't do proper quality control. With me nothing leaves my shop till I am happy whether it is a mistake I made or someone who works for me I inspect every car before I call someone and ask them.to check everything to make sure they are happy before they leave. Most shops wanna get you out as fast as possible to move on to the next job. It's all about money make.sure you inspect everything you may find more issues or if you have a friend who knows about it have him check it. Usually I find no less than 3 flaws on my 1st visit from improper paint blending to overspray.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    1998 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    what in the second picture am I looking for??
    the rusted cracked piece which wasn't cracked or bent til I was hit.

This was first time in shop but now I think I really will have them look at gap and stuff when I go back in to get lettering and badge.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    After looking at the gap on my bumper I have to agree something was not fixed properly. Did you pick it up on the 1st fix. I do mostly light hits and paint repairs at my shop since I can't afford all the measuring and frame racks but I have used all of them. I know anytime I go with friends to get their cars and look them over I have never had a shop fix everything the 1st or even 2nd time. It usually takes till the 3rd visit before I let anyone accept their cars after I am sure it is done right. This goes for dealer and private shops while not always the manager or owners fault sometimes it's lazy workers but a lot of times at shops I have worked for they want cars in and out and don't do proper quality control. With me nothing leaves my shop till I am happy whether it is a mistake I made or someone who works for me I inspect every car before I call someone and ask them.to check everything to make sure they are happy before they leave. Most shops wanna get you out as fast as possible to move on to the next job. It's all about money make.sure you inspect everything you may find more issues or if you have a friend who knows about it have him check it. Usually I find no less than 3 flaws on my 1st visit from improper paint blending to overspray.
    And the rush rush, to a certain extent, can be blame on quite a few customers as well. People get pissed off when their car is in the body shop for a month.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I never rush a shop I always have a rental so time is no issue. I know some customers are ignorant and try to rush a shop but that is still no reason to send a car out that either has flaws or still has unrepaired damage. We didn't rush the last shop with the Accord just told them it was a lease that was being turned so it had to be back to new after it was hit and we had a rental from the insurance so my x had a way to work we just wanted it fixed properly. Took till the 3rs time sending it back and almost 2 months for a door and fender replacement and door jam repair. The 1st time they didn't fix the dents in the door jam and forgot to plug in the power window and lock switches. Plus several paint flaws.you could see 6 feet away and that took 4 weeks. Then 1 more till the next call. Door jam was fixed but paint was blended sloppy and clear was Orange peeled. Another week and still looked bad but it was better, then the insurance sent someone out and 2 weeks later it was finally done. Then their was the front end damage from their sloppy tow driver they also had to repair. Sometimes it is a customer but you should not send out sloppy work either way I listen to complaining alot but my cars only leave once.

Thread Information