Results 1 to 14 of 14

Rebuildables?

This is a discussion on Rebuildables? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hello All, finally got an account after a year or so of looking in. I had a T/A that i ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North East, PA
    Posts
    25

    Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

    Rebuildables?

    Hello All, finally got an account after a year or so of looking in. I had a T/A that i sold for college now looking for another. Looking for any rebuildables if theres any out there. 98 up, 6-speed is really all i am looking for. If any one can help me out or point me in a good direction please let me know. I am from PA so Cali cars are out of the question! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member NorthwoodDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    524

    Black
    1999 Trans-Am

    Hey man welcome to the site! Took me a while a to join also lol

    What do you mean by "rebuildables" like a wrecked car?

    I would try craigslist...and not jump on the first deal you find...hope that help

  3. #3
    "Car Builder" Musclecargt71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    166

    millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

    Same thing I did....just picked up a 2002 CETA for $6,000. It's got a clean title but needs some major work. I got a thread on here called "Ceta Build" check it out and good luck on your search. My past two rebuilds have come from ebay, but i've just got lucky on finding them. Some people look for months before finding something they like.....just remember not to settle for anything less than what your looking for (m6/a4 ect) you'll be putting a lot of work in the car so make sure you get what you want

  4. #4
    What I do? SHines-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    FL, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,545
    2011 Prius

    Quote Originally Posted by Musclecargt71 View Post
    Same thing I did....just picked up a 2002 CETA for $6,000. It's got a clean title but needs some major work. I got a thread on here called "Ceta Build" check it out and good luck on your search. My past two rebuilds have come from ebay, but i've just got lucky on finding them. Some people look for months before finding something they like.....just remember not to settle for anything less than what your looking for (m6/a4 ect) you'll be putting a lot of work in the car so make sure you get what you want
    That seems pricey? Will you make your money back or at least save money, vs buying one?

  5. #5
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    That seems pricey? Will you make your money back or at least save money, vs buying one?
    no chance of him making money on the build. its a wrecked car. that will show up on carfax if he wants to sell it. buying one will be cheaper if you dont get a low mileage ce or low mileage firehawk. but he wants that ceta and majority of the wrecked car is usable.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    RICHMOND VA
    Posts
    213

    RED
    2002 FORMULA

    Dont buy a car as a investment, you will lose every time. Buy it and drive the hell out of it and have fun. Thats what it is all about.

  7. #7
    "Car Builder" Musclecargt71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    166

    millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    no chance of him making money on the build. its a wrecked car. that will show up on carfax if he wants to sell it. buying one will be cheaper if you dont get a low mileage ce or low mileage firehawk. but he wants that ceta and majority of the wrecked car is usable.
    the accident was never reported so i has a clean carfax and a clean title

  8. #8
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Musclecargt71 View Post
    the accident was never reported so i has a clean carfax and a clean title
    oooh that i did not know. too bad your not keeping the stock ceta yellow then. it would have been worth a pretty penny. now you just got to get it repainted if you want it sold for a nice price.

  9. #9
    "Car Builder" Musclecargt71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    166

    millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    oooh that i did not know. too bad your not keeping the stock ceta yellow then. it would have been worth a pretty penny. now you just got to get it repainted if you want it sold for a nice price.
    Well:
    1) I don't like CETA color and could not bring myself to repaint the car the pale yellow it was, I'm making it the way it should be
    2) I don't plan on selling the car anytime soon
    3) If I do sell the car it will be far into the future when its possibly a collectors item, I may lose some buyers due to the fact, but I'm sure I could find someone who doesn't care and would agree the car is better off the way it is.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North East, PA
    Posts
    25

    Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

    Good luck with the project! My father and i did the last bird( 3/4clip, door, hood and Rad supports) and now we have a 69 GTO on our hands, that is going to be his pride and joy but still leaves me emptyhanded.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North East, PA
    Posts
    25

    Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

    Good News. I found a car today near home. I know the guy who owns the yard which is a plus. true t/a, but it is AT. I guess i can settle for now on that being the price is right Going to look at it this weekend. Not sure of performance mods, but i do know it has electronic actuated cut outs. what they were doing with these i dont know. Maybe there are more hidden secrets. Car is a salavge cert. from Missouri. Its blue right now, but depending on the paint condition that might change. Grey gut is clean. car runs/drives motor has no unusual noises.68k miles i am not 100% sure as of right now if its an 00' or a 01'. Any words of wisdom on what to keep an eye out for??

  12. #12
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    aurora
    Age
    32
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    Hey man welcome to the site! Took me a while a to join also lol

    I would try craigslist...and not jump on the first deal you find...hope that help
    What is it about this site and hesitating to join? It took me a year as well lol.

    Yes look at craiglist, thats where I found my baby.

  13. #13
    Member NorthwoodDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    524

    Black
    1999 Trans-Am

    Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    What is it about this site and hesitating to join? It took me a year as well lol.

    Yes look at craiglist, thats where I found my baby.
    lol idk what it is. All I wanted was info at first. Now i cant get of AAG oh yeah and info on the side.

    Found my car on CL too I dont really consider other places I just wait for a really good deal then

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North East, PA
    Posts
    25

    Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

    Well back on board with a T/A. Bought a 99' A4 this morning. Couldnt pass it up for the price, needs very little work. Runs great drives nice. The body is perfect, paint needs a little work. Gut is a light flood, seats good but need to be cleaned, carpet is going to get replaced water didnt get high enough to reach the dash thank god. MO salvage title as it sits, needs to go to PA-R Title. not sure which brand exhaust on the car but it sounds GREAT. Long tube headers,elec. cutouts and some muffler i couldnt identify,yet, very thoaty and loud. All electronics work, headlights flip, and antenna works. The car needs a headliner and visor (little tear on both), front license plate cover and the seatbelt guides on the headrests. other than that not much. I should have the car home within a week or so and will get pics up for a before and after!

    Anyone have paint codes for me? Might need some for touch up and a ram air hood.

    Cant wait to have her on the road!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •