Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Rebuild project 1999 T/A

Hey everyone, got my 1999 A4 yesterday and so far progress has been great. managed to gut the interior and start cleaning some stuff up. Car came from Missouri, flooded but not bad at all. The carpet stinks so now i am in need of one. seats are decent i think they will clean up. What works (and safe) on leather? Little bit of mold, but nothing too severe. Anyplace i can get a cheap one piece carpet? seems like all i come across is either expensive one piecers that are out of stock or two pieces that arent factory colors. I believe my interior is Graphite since its a 99' but someone please correct me if im wrong. The car itself is Dark Navy Blue Met. Everything else isnt in bad shape but unfortunately the tranny picked up some water, now i got pepto on the dipstick. Need to change that asap. I have a few pics and i will try and get them up too! Any help is great, as is some good luck!

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

You'll probably have to replace the entire electrical system at one point or another.

Just about everyone on here will say that you should have went with a different car due to the unforseen troubles you will have with a flooded vehicle. Myself included.

Good luck with your ongoing project.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Congrats on getting a ta man!

post some pics of the car and you progress

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    You'll probably have to replace the entire electrical system at one point or another.

Just about everyone on here will say that you should have went with a different car due to the unforseen troubles you will have with a flooded vehicle. Myself included.

Good luck with your ongoing project.
    Thanks for the Good Luck, I am not concerned to be honest with the electrical only due to the fact the water never came in contact with any dash wiring. water line was level with level with the seat bottoms. no water damage to the back part of rear seat. Now i understand there was significant moisture in the car but car has since dried out for the majority. I got my fingers crossed anyway. As i said before, for the price, i could not pass. Thank you bad economy and people needing $$. In the hunt big time for a carpet. Any suggestions??

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Ok, so progress on the car went great, so far. Interior completely stripped and redone(where did those 2 damn bolts come from!! LOL) cleaned up well needs a good detail once i get the reconstruction inspection. Went this week for an oil change, coolant flush and finally the tranny power flush. The LS1 sounds great, dont know just yet how tight the trans is. Here are some pics and i will hopefully get more up once the reconstruction is done, and i drop the cash for tires : /

Getting there.... So far total of $3,450ish into the project, tires maybe a freebie if a friend pulls through, title transfer and reconstruction inspection should be around 250. and maybe turning the rotors. So for around 4K should have a nice car once again!

pewter
    00 ws6

don't go with a cheap carpet. i just put one in a 2000 ws6v and it fit like crap. it was molded but not close enough to the factory carpet for it to fit right. a lot of screwing and glueing and tons of wrinkles and bags

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

I was worried about replacing the carpet. So i figured id spend the money to have the dirty one cleaned. Sure enough, it turned out nicer than i expected. All the jute was removed and the rest was scrubbed steamed and resolved x2. No smell, no stains, and the color held up. The whole inside cleaned up great actually. I would eventually like to replace the seats, at least the drivers as it is worn, but $$ needs to go getting the car on the road. I had it running today and i must say the LT's, Y-Pipe and Cutout make the car sound great. Got the cutout working as well and lubed up now i finally got to hear the muffler. That too sounds like it will have a nice tone through the gears!

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

is it lowered or do the pics just look that way? looks like it cleaned up good too.

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

It def seems lowered. The rear suspension does look like it was replaced with something other than the factory setup. As to what it is, its hard to say being it was bought at an auction. I found a receipt wedged up behind the glove box, does anyone else think it would be weird to call the guy who owned the car looking for info?? it dates back to 06' but it did get totaled in 08' so it may have been the last owner.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Nice job!! keep up the good work

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Why thank you! I cant wait to get the car done and buffed. Its going up on the lift monday to work on the under side a little easier than jacks. Looks okay from what ive seen but preventative maintenance never hurts! Came across a Raptor hood pretty cheap so now im stuck between raptor or ram air. What do i do!!

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Raptor has some ballin' heat extractors.

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Whats a good price on a new raptor? This one that i found was on a car and the guy is askin 350 + paint.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone4904 View Post
    Whats a good price on a new raptor? This one that i found was on a car and the guy is askin 350 + paint.
    That sounds pretty reasonable. As long as there's no visible structure damage, all of the flaws and such will be gone with the new paint. Go for it.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

hows the progress coming?

Dark Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Dark Navy Blue T/A

Well lets put it this way, the car is complete and solid minus a motor. I have been going back and forth debating on rebuilding mine or buying a new short block, and guess what route we decided on? Not sure when the short block is going to make it to my garage, but i have a few cams lined up to pick from and by the spring it will be ready. Not what i wanted to get into but i figured since the car is solid, anything worn was replaced, why not put a fresh motor in. it will be nice to have a little piece of mind and i will still only have about 6K into the whole project. I will post more pics as soon as i get some "free" time.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone4904 View Post
    Well lets put it this way, the car is complete and solid minus a motor. I have been going back and forth debating on rebuilding mine or buying a new short block, and guess what route we decided on? Not sure when the short block is going to make it to my garage, but i have a few cams lined up to pick from and by the spring it will be ready. Not what i wanted to get into but i figured since the car is solid, anything worn was replaced, why not put a fresh motor in. it will be nice to have a little piece of mind and i will still only have about 6K into the whole project. I will post more pics as soon as i get some "free" time.
    we love pics....lets get some with the engine out too

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Motor went

Did the motor let go or are you just rebuildin it because you don't trust it????They all knock a little when cold and it stops after a few secs

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Did the motor let go or are you just rebuildin it because you don't trust it????They all knock a little when cold and it stops after a few secs
    WOW that interior cleaned up Awesome nice investement !. If you are worried about the engine they all tick 1 point even when they were new also if you are going to go a cam route give comp cams a call and they will design one for you for daily driving and when you drop the cam in pick up some new lifters,valve springs and pushrods ( if its a 6 speed ) if somebody missed a grar at high rpm's it tends to bend a pushrod and when you have it apart it is just basically the cost of the pushrods for security and you're good to go. Were 88% of the ticking comes from on are engines the other 12% is the rocker arms the stock engines are nice pices made by hand from the factory. so theres no reason to rebuild it just put quality parts in it and you will have many miles of carefree driving,
    Warren Jones

Black
    2000 T/A

would this car happen to have around 35k miles on it?

i was going to buy a 99 trans am about 2 years ago w/ 33k i think.

and we had a flash flood and the car was flooded up to the mirrors

Thread Information