Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear ended...

NBM
    98 trans am

rear ended...

so yesterday morning i was sitting in a line of cars at a stop light.. when all of a sudden, BAM! i get a whiplash, then BAM again! and im like wtf?! wait... no.... you gotta be kidding me... so i get out of my car, and theres 2 other guys standing out there then their like are you ok?? and im like what?.. then i look at my car and my bumper is on top of this other guys engine and my back tires were about 7 inches off the ground, and another guy was crashed into the guy that hit me. so long story short a guy in a saturn hits me going about 40 while i was at a dead stop and he slides under my car (somehow). he said he was staring at some other wreck then he looked back at the road and saw me so he slammed on his breaks and locked them up. fortunately no one was seriously hurt.. so im thankful for that, but Adrianna(my car) is in pretty bad shape

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

sorry to hear that man

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

man I'm sorry to hear that.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Damn that really sucks man. Always good to hear that everyone's ok. BTW whats with all these accident stories of LS1's comin up? I'm thinkin i shouldnt take mine out this winter

black
    2002 trans am

Its not totaled is it?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Ahh that sucks I would be pissed. I dont even know what I would have done if that happened to me.... but what are you going to do now ?

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    BTW whats with all these accident stories of LS1's comin up? I'm thinkin i shouldnt take mine out this winter
    Yeah it has been snowing on and off here for the past few weeks so the ta has been parked for a good three weeks and that is where its going to stay with my luck lately lol....

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

sorry to here that bro my friend just rolled his 2000 ws6 a few days ago. dude you better sue the guys insurance and get you some money. i got in a car reck 2 years ago and fucked my knee up and got 18000 out of it. imagine what you would get. just get a lawyer

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

You're ok, that's the important thing

NBM
    98 trans am

no its not totaled, and yea i might sue him

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    no its not totaled, and yea i might sue him
    you should man i mean the money is good and all but im telling you your going to have pains for the rest of your life because of this guy, think about it your young and your going to have to deal with injuries that might determine the rest of your life. my knee still hurts from the accident i shouldnt have settled for 18 grand. dont settle for less bro. i think you can get atleast 60 grand i think.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

i dunno, thats kinda a dick move suing him for a lot like that. Accidents happen and I'm sure he really wished it hadn't happened. I would see if you got really hurt but if you're ok then i would try to make a settlement of something reasonable but its up to you.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

I don't see it as a dick move. It's not like that person was paying the money out of his pocket, its an insurance company. I now regret not getting an attorney involved when I got rear-ended years ago. I had to go to the chiropractor for a couple of years to get my back right. My legs were two different lengths at one point because of it! Not to mention, I wasn't even driving my own car at the time. It would've been nice to compensate my stepdad for getting in a wreck in his car. Normally, I'm against frivolous lawsuits, but you can't see into the future regarding medical issues that may arise.
    1998 Trans Am, A4, SLP Loudmouth I, US Exotics WS9 ram air hood, Volant intake, 3.23's, 70k miles

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    sorry to here that bro my friend just rolled his 2000 ws6 a few days ago. dude you better sue the guys insurance and get you some money. i got in a car reck 2 years ago and fucked my knee up and got 18000 out of it. imagine what you would get. just get a lawyer
    Yeah and the you can spend the money on a escalade with some 26" wheels and get a killer boom boom in the back that rattles the glass and get some gold teeth too dont forget those.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Damn that really sucks man. Always good to hear that everyone's ok. BTW whats with all these accident stories of LS1's comin up? I'm thinkin i shouldnt take mine out this winter
    yea. there is alot getting wrecked
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by vannatte View Post
    I don't see it as a dick move. It's not like that person was paying the money out of his pocket, its an insurance company. I now regret not getting an attorney involved when I got rear-ended years ago. I had to go to the chiropractor for a couple of years to get my back right. My legs were two different lengths at one point because of it! Not to mention, I wasn't even driving my own car at the time. It would've been nice to compensate my stepdad for getting in a wreck in his car. Normally, I'm against frivolous lawsuits, but you can't see into the future regarding medical issues that may arise.
    Not everyone has the same amount of coverage...so yea sometimes it does come out of their pocket. If someone only has the bare limit of like 15/30/15 coverage and then you sue to get 25k...at least 10k comes out of their pocket...probably more since their lawyer fees will come out of the 15k max coverage. Still can't get blood out of a turnip though..

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic0135 View Post
    Yeah and the you can spend the money on a escalade with some 26" wheels and get a killer boom boom in the back that rattles the glass and get some gold teeth too dont forget those.
    or put an ls2 in my t/a? =D

Silver
    98 A4 TA

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but if some dick in a saturn (ICK) had rear-ended my baby because he wasn't paying attention to what the hell he was doing, I'd probably go to prison for murder.

Arctic White
    2000/Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Kalepsis View Post
    I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but if some dick in a saturn (ICK) had rear-ended my baby because he wasn't paying attention to what the hell he was doing, I'd probably go to prison for murder.
    I guess you have never talked on the cell phone,turned up the radio,ate a sandwich.I mean c'mon you have a right to be upset but to ruin a guys life because he messes up your car? yeah I would say you would be an asshole.

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

The only time I would sue would be medical bills, or if my car is totaled.

Silver
    98 A4 TA

I was being facetious.

Thread Information