Ready to do some mods

This is a discussion on Ready to do some mods within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hello everyone, I have a 2002 ta ce. I'm ready to do some mods, my plan is to do it ...

Yellow
    2002 Trams Am CE

Ready to do some mods

Hello everyone, I have a 2002 ta ce. I'm ready to do some mods, my plan is to do it in 2 phases(years). 1: k&n fpik, qtp headers with catted ypipe, corsa cat back, superchip tuner. 2: slp sfc, slp underdrive pulley, fast 90 intake, nw90tb, 3.73 gears, shocks and springs. I can spend around $4000 on each phase. This is a daily driver (for 7 months of the year). Does anyone have any comments or suggestions. Is this a good set up?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Orp0408 View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a 2002 ta ce. I'm ready to do some mods, my plan is to do it in 2 phases(years). 1: k&n fpik, qtp headers with catted ypipe, corsa cat back, superchip tuner. 2: slp sfc, slp underdrive pulley, fast 90 intake, nw90tb, 3.73 gears, shocks and springs. I can spend around $4000 on each phase. This is a daily driver (for 7 months of the year). Does anyone have any comments or suggestions. Is this a good set up?
    Welcome to the site!

Phase 1. IMO I wouldn't waste my money on the k&n fipik, just get a air lid, slp makes one, and a regular air filter with a new bellow.
    I'd also skip out on the superchip as well. Look up a member in named Frost, in the computer tuning section, he does a mail order bench tune that will be much better than a programmer, and usually alot cheaper.
    My suggestion for exhuast would be kooks, one of the best made, as you dont want to go cheap on headers, and alot of people like the maganflow catback for the sound.

Phase 2. I'm pretty sure FAST has discontinued 92mm, only making the 102mm, so I'm not sure if you plan on finding a used one. Do they still sell them somewhere?
    I also like the UMI products when it comes to SFC and many other suspension mods. Nothing wrong with the SLP SFC, but the SLP air lid and the SFC are the only products from SLP I'd recommend to you.

Are you automatic or manual?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Phase 1 -- agree.

I would just do true duals over the corsa cat back. I would never in a million years spend over a grand on a cb system.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    I would just do true duals over the corsa cat back. I would never in a million years spend over a grand on a cb system.
    ditto

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

agree with all the above and please dont get a k&n period. doesnt offer good protrection. get an amsoil air filter.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    agree with all the above and please dont get a k&n period. doesnt offer good protrection. get an amsoil air filter.

Yellow
    2002 Trams Am CE

Throught more research, and advise i have changed things. Phase 1: plugs, kooks lt headers, flowmaster catted ypipe, magnaflow cat back system, volant air intake (it looks awesome on the car). With the $ i saved for dropping the corsa, i'm going to get either ud pulley or sfc. Are there any other suggestions or advise? Thanks everyone for the help!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

SFCs

Thread Information