random crap any ideas

This is a discussion on random crap any ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; these first ones may sound dumb but i just gotta ask....for my 98 TA can i turn on/off traction control ...

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

random crap any ideas

these first ones may sound dumb but i just gotta ask....for my 98 TA can i turn on/off traction control and if so how...........how do i get cruise control working because i just cant seem to.......

my left front and back turn signals dont seem to work. the lights turn on, but never blink when i put the signal on. and my right front turn light randomly just turns on and stays on no matter what i do...very awkward

would appreciate any feedback on any of these issues

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I had an issue like that in my stang, under the drivers panel where your fuses are is a little box, mine was yellow but it controls the blinkers, that fixed mine. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Its called a flasher
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Black
    2000 Firehawk

SLP has a module that can turn TCS off and on with a switch, instead of the button. I believe that it will stay off until you flip the switch. SLP is the only one that I know of, but then again I haven't gone looking for that.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Should Have A Switch Near The Shifter. No Switch = No Tcs!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by krusemj View Post
    Its called a flasher
    yup. open the panel under your steering wheel, look for a little cylinder with wires coming out; it's about the diameter of a Silver Dollar. Replace that

If the blinking still doesn't work, replace the bulbs in the front turn signals.

Cruise control:
    On the Left side of the steering column is a "stick" with your Cruise and wiper blades. The cruise has a little slide switch for positions "OFF, ON, ACCELERATE." Slide it to the middle position "ON" and then when ready to cruise, push the button in at the end of the "stick" and you will be set. Press the break to temperarily shut it off, or slide the switch all the way left to the "OFF" position.

See your user manuel for more info.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by TONYsHAWK View Post
    SLP has a module that can turn TCS off and on with a switch, instead of the button. I believe that it will stay off until you flip the switch. SLP is the only one that I know of, but then again I haven't gone looking for that.
    I have the !TCS SLP module. It plugs into the TCS switch in the aforementioned location and changes the default to off instead of on. For what I do, TCS didn't need to be added. As far as I know, as someone else mentioned above, no switch = no TCS.

See the pics on my website here: http://www.2002firehawk.com/Lou's%20SS%20Install.htm

To the left of my lighter socket, is a small panel with the Pontiac logo, and the TCS switch is in that panel. If you have a similar panel, and it is turned off, you don't likely have TCS. Another way to find out is to invoke wheelspin off the line or otherwise, and if you don't feel your car cut power, or your gas pedal pushing back at you, you definitely don't have it.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

I have the stock switch, should i turn it off when i race someone or leave it on? and what about burnouts, on or off?

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Formula View Post
    I have the stock switch, should i turn it off when i race someone or leave it on? and what about burnouts, on or off?
    You will want it off at all times at the track. That's what I like about the SLP option. You start the car, and it is automatically off.

The TCS function of our cars kicks the throttle back at you, thereby reducing the commanded power to help reduce wheelspin. You want a bit of wheelspin when launching anyway, and the only way to do a burnout is to spin your wheels.

With no wheelspin at the track I run a 14.0s quarte mile. With wheelspin, I run 13.6 to 13.7. With TCS on, it will likely be even slower than 14. Actually, recently I have found that burning clutch does about the same time, so be careful and aware of a funny smell when racing at the track. I'm on regular street radials(Falken GRB-FK451's) and they are as sticky as what my clutch can handle, and I am basically at stock power.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

For the blinking, make sure the bulbs are good. Might have a blown one.

Cruise Control. Probably as simple as making sure your foot isn't resting on the clutch. I thought mine wasn't working either until I tried it with my foot resting on the little pad on the floor. Our cars will shut of the Cruise when the clutch is depressed, even slightly.

Hope it helps.

NBM
    98 trans am

yea my left blinker just stayed on but i replaced the front left bulb now it works =)

Black
    98 Trans Am

Want to add, if either of your hi-mount brake light bulbs are blown, your cruise control will not work. Mine didn't anyway.

Thread Information