Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    97 LT1 TA

Ran into some douchey fellow Ta owner. what gives?

So on my way home from work i stop at a 3 way and i glance to my left and there sits a Ls1 Ta vert turning left in the same direction im headed. Weeeeelllll i see some young kid driving staring me down with his woman next to him. So i do the polite thing i do to every TA owner i see and wave. They stared at me like WTF, and he takes the corner ass end flying all over the road. I get pissed, catch up to him, get even and drop it couple gears to take off on him when he looks over at me giving him the GO signal and then he turns... I dont understand lol doesnt wave back.... but then wont race me...

NBM
    99 TA

Fixed your title
    Ran into a fellow douchey Ta owner. what gives?
    sounds like you were both being douchebags

97 LT1 TA

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Fixed your title

sounds like you were both being douchebags
    I get a little pissy when people are blatantly rude like that on the road, i wasnt gonna just keep smiling at him like a jackass

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Age has everything to do with it.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

some young kid driving? dude, your 20. your still a young kid yourself. both of you acted stupid. he acted like a douchebag by swinging ass end in traffic and you took it as an insult and went after him when all you had to do was go about your way. neither one of you sound like a winner here.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have never had this happen to me. I just get the "Howdy" rev from fellow LSx owners, and I give a "Howdy do" rev back. Good times.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Def. an age issue. But, on topic, can't say I have had that happen to me out here. The worst that happens is I get no response at all, but with a response like that, they are fellow car owners, not fellow f-body enthusiasts.

97 LT1 TA

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    some young kid driving? dude, your 20. your still a young kid yourself. both of you acted stupid. he acted like a douchebag by swinging ass end in traffic and you took it as an insult and went after him when all you had to do was go about your way. neither one of you sound like a winner here.
    Eh i realize im young also but very controlled with the car. The bank still owns my nuts so wrecking it would not be cool, was having a rough day at work and just kinda took it as a slap in the face lol shoulda just taken a midol and calmed down a bit

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Ever since i got my first T/A ive always waved at the other T/A drivers and i cant think of a time one didnt wave back or toss a rev....sounds like that guy must have been a former mustang owner and still had that mustang driver attitude.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Age has everything to do with it.
    amen, I'm getting rid of mine for that reason.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Like you said young kid. Probably just cares that its a fast car and has no real appreciation for the history or anything else like that of the car.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 RawR View Post
    Eh i realize im young also but very controlled with the car. The bank still owns my nuts so wrecking it would not be cool, was having a rough day at work and just kinda took it as a slap in the face lol shoulda just taken a midol and calmed down a bit
    *peter griffin voice* eh, damn kids and your hip hop music!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Couple weeks ago I saw a youngin in a 4th Gen Camaro and waved to him. He had a super charger and the whole bit. He just looked at me. The girl I was with just said; "wow, daddy buys him everything so, he is gonna be a little asshole"

Most I've met are pretty nice but, every now and then, you get some rich kid that thinks his shit don't stink.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Couple weeks ago I saw a youngin in a 4th Gen Camaro and waved to him. He had a super charger and the whole bit. He just looked at me. The girl I was with just said; "wow, daddy buys him everything so, he is gonna be a little asshole"

Most I've met are pretty nice but, every now and then, you get some rich kid that thinks his shit don't stink.
    everyone around here with f bodies wave back..
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

yea their is alotta rich kids around where i live that has c6 z06 vettes and such or let me rephrase that their daddy owns. That run around acting like their bad asses, and I remember one kid in a c6 z06 acting like his shit dont stink. Until a 900hp supra pulled up beside him and waxed him, I believe he left after that. The little asian guys got a kick out of it tho hahaha.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

he was hating on the Lt1. I do the same thing

I kid, I kid

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    yea their is alotta rich kids around where i live that has c6 z06 vettes and such or let me rephrase that their daddy owns. That run around acting like their bad asses, and I remember one kid in a c6 z06 acting like his shit dont stink. Until a 900hp supra pulled up beside him and waxed him, I believe he left after that. The little asian guys got a kick out of it tho hahaha.

I decided to go back to school this year and for the most part I have one of the nicer cars that ive seen on campus. So far a couple LT1 T/As and Camaros, a heavily modded evo and a nice supra. Well the other day we were talking in class about what cars we have. This 18 yr old kid starts talking all this shit about his C6 Z06 that his daddy bought him. Of course we asked him to prove it and as we are leaving he showed it to us. Well one of the older guys in class who owns a head/cam camaro said "Someone should punch your fucking dad in the face for letting a 18 yr old kid have a 500 some odd horsepower car." We all busted out laughing and the kid was speachless.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    I decided to go back to school this year and for the most part I have one of the nicer cars that ive seen on campus. So far a couple LT1 T/As and Camaros, a heavily modded evo and a nice supra. Well the other day we were talking in class about what cars we have. This 18 yr old kid starts talking all this shit about his C6 Z06 that his daddy bought him. Of course we asked him to prove it and as we are leaving he showed it to us. Well one of the older guys in class who owns a head/cam camaro said "Someone should punch your fucking dad in the face for letting a 18 yr old kid have a 500 some odd horsepower car." We all busted out laughing and the kid was speachless.
    haha lol. well my dad let me buy my car when i was 17.. but at least i do pay for mine and dont gloat

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Thats hilarious, I cant believe people these days buys or even lets their kids drive their cars around. First if my kid wanted it he would be paying for the insurance and the car if he wanted a car that was that expensive. And if he wrecks it oh well guess he is dealing with the insurance and buying his new car cause I surely aint lol. I busted my ass for the past 4 years to get my trans am, and i started out with a 97 firebird and payed for the insurance and car payment.

97 LT1 TA

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Yea its frustrating when you work your ass for something for so long just to see some punk kid treat his fbody like shit cuz somebody bought it for him lol i dont mind when they dont talk crap but eh... thats pretty uncommon maybe he was just hatin on the LT LOL fucker

Thread Information