Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ran into some douchey fellow Ta owner. what gives?

This is a discussion on Ran into some douchey fellow Ta owner. what gives? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 Thats hilarious, I cant believe people these days buys or even lets their kids drive their ...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Thats hilarious, I cant believe people these days buys or even lets their kids drive their cars around. First if my kid wanted it he would be paying for the insurance and the car if he wanted a car that was that expensive. And if he wrecks it oh well guess he is dealing with the insurance and buying his new car cause I surely aint lol. I busted my ass for the past 4 years to get my trans am, and i started out with a 97 firebird and payed for the insurance and car payment.
    Yeah i was pretty disgusted with the fact that he didnt pay for that car. My dad could have bought me a new corvette easily but instead he decided to teach me the value of the dollar. So ive bought every car i ever owned and worked my ass off for them. He made me start off with a 93 sentra. At the time i hated it but now i appreciate my stuff alot b/c i pay for it.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Yeah i was pretty disgusted with the fact that he didnt pay for that car. My dad could have bought me a new corvette easily but instead he decided to teach me the value of the dollar. So ive bought every car i ever owned and worked my ass off for them. He made me start off with a 93 sentra. At the time i hated it but now i appreciate my stuff alot b/c i pay for it.
    Hell yea man, thats the same here, and to tell you the truth I would not own my t/a now if I would have not come to Iraq, cause right now the economy is so bad that I could hardly afford to pay bills before I got deployed. Hence I am army national guard, for north carolina. But the national guard has helped me alot to for the fact even tho I have alot of money for college I havent been able to start yet due to trainning with the military, deployments and such. But I am glad I get to serve my country, and I am glad I get to use the money to buy a car rich in american history.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

What pisses me off, is the fact that i really didn't have to "work hard" for my car in most ways... however i do get a lot of bullshit about how daddy bought me my car. Bad news is he did buy my car in a sense. When he passed away i was so young i didn't even know him and some money made it my way when i turned 18. I guess the difference is i know what i have and plan on keeping my car till the day i die. I waited 3 months till the car found me lol. Hell i might bury myself in it. My only reasoning is to have something to show for the money, so i bought a car and soon here there will be an education to accompany it. As for the pricks who love to spend they're parents money. I pity them, i pay my bills and work hard to do so. They will lead a life of no importance or real meaning. Soon enough everyone has to grow up.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Was on my 600rr the other day and pulled up next to a 93-97 camaro with slicks and what sounded like a nice size cam. The car was clean. So i gave him a thumbs up, idk if he took it as sarcasm or a challenge or what but the guy just stared at me looking really pissed off. First of all the guys head was barley above wheel and his arm that i could see was amazing skinny so i thought to myself is he seriously gonna wanna fight me? So i flipped my visor up at the light and said whats your problem, i was complimenting you. He never said a word just stared at me and traffic was tight then when the light changed he got behind me and kept backing off the flooring it to about a foot away from my rear tire, then turned off at a split street before the next light.

IDK what his problem is but if hes on this forum know i dont take people riding my ass when im on my bike lightly.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    IDK what his problem is but if hes on this forum know i dont take people riding my ass when im on my bike lightly.
    Coming from someone who used to ride (used to till I realized I am to immature to own a motorcycle in my life) I flipped out on people if/when they rode my ass. I yell at friends when I am riding shotgun for following bikes too close. I feel your pain

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 RawR View Post
    Eh i realize im young also but very controlled with the car. The bank still owns my nuts so wrecking it would not be cool, was having a rough day at work and just kinda took it as a slap in the face lol shoulda just taken a midol and calmed down a bit
    Maybe he wasn't impressed by your LT1.

RED
    2002 FORMULA

If a parent has worked hard and they want to buy the kid a nice car, GREAT! When I was going thru high school, I didnt get a chance to do alot of stuff, I was working to pay for car. I went to school and held down a full time job. When my high school got fun is when I sold my NICE car a purchashed a POS, I had alot of money. I wish my parents would have brought my car. I actually gave my step daughter a caravan when she was 16. She trashed it and still drives it. Maybe when a parent buys the kid a corvette they are teaching them something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information