Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ran the factory freak at the track

This is a discussion on Ran the factory freak at the track within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS Be smart like I was...build first..then add power later. Unless you like the adrenaline of maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Be smart like I was...build first..then add power later. Unless you like the adrenaline of maybe having your rear end blow up 3/4 of the way down the track going 80-90MPH
    Been there done that. And it wasn't even my car either

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    F- that supercharged BS unless your built for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Amen brotha
    I can understand that when wanting to really crank up the boost. On the other hand I've seen a few of what were otherwise bone stock LS1's that had nothing but a Procharger added. Even with a safe tune and mild boost they made close to 450 rwhp and ran mid 11's. It was very popular to do 10 years ago when these cars were fairly new.
    Darn things drove like bone stock, and got stock like mileage too. That's what makes it attractive to most people.

What I liked was the fact that they got the expensive add on out of the way, and drove the car daily waiting until they had the cash to build a motor capable of more boost, and really turn up the power.
    The problem was the cars as far as I remember ran for a few years like that without issues and never needed to build a motor
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 06-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Thats some good times. cant wait for june 13 it going to be fun. And did you air down your tires or just left them the same?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post
    Thats some good times. cant wait for june 13 it going to be fun. And did you air down your tires or just left them the same?
    Shit I'm excited for tomorrow! The fbody cruise followed by the golden supercruise!

I was gonna lower the tires to 30 psi, got the right side to 32 went to do the left and the valve stem cap would not come off. Had 3 different guys try to get it off, none if them could so I gave up. Didn't wanna rip it

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Shit I'm excited for tomorrow! The fbody cruise followed by the golden supercruise!

I was gonna lower the tires to 30 psi, got the right side to 32 went to do the left and the valve stem cap would not come off. Had 3 different guys try to get it off, none if them could so I gave up. Didn't wanna rip it
    Sweet I wish I could go to the cruise, but I'm really busy.

dang that sucks,its going to be my first time so i really excited

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Sweet I wish I could go to the cruise, but I'm really busy.

dang that sucks,its going to be my first time so i really excited
    You runnin on the 13th? This was my first time, It really aint as bad as it seems. Just work on technique, launch is so important. Assuming you got a 6spd practice if you can find a spot. It's addicting I'll tell you that much.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

You runnin on the 13th? This was my first time, It really aint as bad as it seems. Just work on technique, launch is so important. Assuming you got a 6spd practice if you can find a spot. It's addicting I'll tell you that much.
    yeah I'm running on the 13th are you? yeah I have been practiceing but sadly I have 4spd auto. were you at test n tune on your first time?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

yeah I'm running on the 13th are you?
    Look for me.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Look for me.
    Are you going lous? where are you going to be at?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Are you going lous? where are you going to be at?
    No idea.
    Entered the car in the show....Figured you had to in order to race and use the burnout box.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

yeah I'm running on the 13th are you? yeah I have been practiceing but sadly I have 4spd auto. were you at test n tune on your first time?
    yea, june 2nd was my first time. I don't think an auto will be too hard. You should be able to launch quite a bit higher than I could, plus you don't have to worry about stalling it in front of all those people. Make sure to read about the unwritten rules of drag racing before you go. It'll help a lot.

No idea.
    Entered the car in the show....Figured you had to in order to race and use the burnout box.
    Right. You have to enter to race.
    I was gonna enter until I read this. No need for me to compete against another black TA

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

I dont even feel like going anymore just becuase i'll make myself look like an idiot against lous and other fast cars, and not to mention it my first time shit! Is there lots of people going?

And were can I find this unwritten rules of drag racing?

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I dont even feel like going anymore just becuase i'll make myself look like an idiot against lous and other fast cars, and not to mention it my first time shit! Is there lots of people going?

And were can I find this unwritten rules of drag racing?
    Lol, no matter when you go there will always be fast ass cars. I saw 11 second civic hatchbacks! Hell my very first run was against a purpose-built drag truck. I went 14.34@ 103.94. He went 9.55 @ 147.96!
    There should be a ton of people.

I think it's a sticky in the drag racing section.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Lol, no matter when you go there will always be fast ass cars. I saw 11 second civic hatchbacks! Hell my very first run was against a purpose-built drag truck. I went 14.34@ 103.94. He went 9.55 @ 147.96!
    There should be a ton of people.

I think it's a sticky in the drag racing section.
    So are you entering the show to race or are you going to watch? I just dont want to be the idiot that runs slow as balls if front of tons of people i would like to keep it to a lower amount of people on my first run, but if you guys go i'm game.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

So are you entering the show to race or are you going to watch? I just dont want to be the idiot that runs slow as balls if front of tons of people i would like to keep it to a lower amount of people on my first run, but if you guys go i'm game.
    Dude, honestly...don't even sweat it! We ALL started where you are. Trust me. Nobody is going to say shit if you f' up. I went to the track once and killed my car trying to do a burn out!! The next time I lined up some guy came up to the car and was giving me tips on what to do. We all have learned through practice. It's the only way you are going to get good at it. Trust me on this.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Dude, honestly...don't even sweat it! We ALL started where you are. Trust me. Nobody is going to say shit if you f' up. I went to the track once and killed my car trying to do a burn out!! The next time I lined up some guy came up to the car and was giving me tips on what to do. We all have learned through practice. It's the only way you are going to get good at it. Trust me on this.
    Thanks for getting my hopes up dude I guess im just nervous on doing my first run.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks for getting my hopes up dude I guess im just nervous on doing my first run.
    I still get nervous

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I'm down to enter but I think u gotta register it before the show. Abd the whole Nervous thing I understand where ur coming from but if you drive your car like I do you'll go right into race mode when u get to the light.
    And you won't be the only one learning technique. There's nothing to worry about no one will talk shit
    I had several mustang owners and random people come up and say nice car, clean car, good run, what's it got, blah blah. Really calm and relaxing environment plus one thing is for sure; everyone there is a car guy.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have timeslips in the 19's.....with the 402 in the car. Don't worry about it.

You can register anytime (including at the gate Sunday morning).

And blackbird....I am willing to bet yours is in better shape than mine. Last two winters took a toll, got a little clear peeling up on the hood.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I have timeslips in the 19's.....with the 402 in the car. Don't worry about it.

You can register anytime (including at the gate Sunday morning).

And blackbird....I am willing to bet yours is in better shape than mine. Last two winters took a toll, got a little clear peeling up on the hood.
    Idk man my car looks clean but the little miscellanious spider web scratches have been eating at me, it definitely aint as nice as it was last year. My bubbling sail panel is noticable now, Plus I don't have them sweet ass torque thrusts I want. Oh and your headrests

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information