Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ram air intake question

This is a discussion on ram air intake question within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yea that..... so it really doesnt hurt?...

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

yea that..... so it really doesnt hurt?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

no its fine..this is my car...i bought it this way i know what he was talking about. on the side you see the metal bracing..that is the rad suport not the air box assembly itself. the assembly bolts onto the support

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

mine has all the top part.....but under the air box in front of the radiator there is a black plastic ...thats what i took off and cut the flaps that are under the air filter

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeRmAn23 View Post
    mine has all the top part.....but under the air box in front of the radiator there is a black plastic ...thats what i took off and cut the flaps that are under the air filter
    yea you just opened up the air inlet..the free ram air mod i believe. what you did is fine and alot of people do it. just be aware that running a paper filter ..your filter will become dirtier quicker..so check it often. and with the k&n same thing recharge it more often then advertised. i am going back to the stock box..so i can have it stock if i ever wanted it..but i am getting a slp lid and the lid needs the bottom assembly of the air box. and i am of course going to do the free air mod

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

u know of any other free mods i can do before i start spending my money??

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeRmAn23 View Post
    u know of any other free mods i can do before i start spending my money??
    search here for free mods...the bump stop mod..polishing and porting the tb. um also visit http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

Indigo Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

volants dual cone is the shizzznit when it comes to air flow... got one myself from the WS6 store...runs great with the SLP ram air HO hood

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea you just opened up the air inlet..the free ram air mod i believe. what you did is fine and alot of people do it. just be aware that running a paper filter ..your filter will become dirtier quicker..so check it often. and with the k&n same thing recharge it more often then advertised. i am going back to the stock box..so i can have it stock if i ever wanted it..but i am getting a slp lid and the lid needs the bottom assembly of the air box. and i am of course going to do the free air mod
    I might have understood wrong but why did you say that the lid needs that bottom assembly? i was just about to do that mod to my car this week-end but like you i'm also getting a lid next week so i wouldn't wannna screw anything up? is it ok if i do the mod?

don't know if it matters i have a 02' ram air trans am.. will it help if i still cut the air inlets? kinda confused!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKIN WS6 View Post
    I might have understood wrong but why did you say that the lid needs that bottom assembly? i was just about to do that mod to my car this week-end but like you i'm also getting a lid next week so i wouldn't wannna screw anything up? is it ok if i do the mod?

don't know if it matters i have a 02' ram air trans am.. will it help if i still cut the air inlets? kinda confused!
    oh on my car...see how the stock bottom air box assembly isnt on my car. you can do the mod and still have a lid.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Have you posted pics of your TA somewhere Shady? I hadn't realized you got another one, when did you acquire it?

Congrats

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Have you posted pics of your TA somewhere Shady? I hadn't realized you got another one, when did you acquire it?

Congrats
    i'm getting it..it's pure drama right now with it tho. but if not sunday then early next week. i'll post the pics the seller gave me.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

Quote Originally Posted by DW2000TA View Post
    volants dual cone is the shizzznit when it comes to air flow... got one myself from the WS6 store...runs great with the SLP ram air HO hood
    How much did you pay for your kit? Was it a complete air induction kit?

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    02' WS6 TRANS AM

i currently am running a ws6 with a k&n filter....if i purchase the slp lid will that still be a good hp gain even though i already have the ws6 intake? and if so how is the slp lid better???

i forgot where i read that if i had a ram air hood i didn't need to buy the entire SLP sir induction kit just the lid! is that right?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKIN WS6 View Post
    i currently am running a ws6 with a k&n filter....if i purchase the slp lid will that still be a good hp gain even though i already have the ws6 intake? and if so how is the slp lid better???

i forgot where i read that if i had a ram air hood i didn't need to buy the entire SLP sir induction kit just the lid! is that right?
    the lid odesnt have the baffle thingies in it. so its a smoother flow. sorry i just woke up so i cant think worth a shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information