Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which Ram Air Hood

This is a discussion on Which Ram Air Hood within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The only real problem I have had with it is that it wouldnt work with a WS6 air box. I ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am

The only real problem I have had with it is that it wouldnt work with a WS6 air box. I havent had any problems with water on my engine. No cracking or noticeable problems and the fit is very good.
    www.fquick.com/xzaero0

SLP lid K&N Slp underdrive pulley Mizierre EWP 180 stat American Racing Coated longtubes 3" dual exhaust x pipe LM2s 2.5 over axle UMI SFCs LCA and relocation brackets UMI torque arm and relocation bracket Moser 9" 3.70 gears Tuned, LS6 intake Ported TB

Black
    2000 Trans Am

The extractor vents on the underside of the hood are not straight under the extractors, they sit off on the sides of the underhood assembly so the water runs down the hood and out by the nostrils at the front. I think that I dont get anymore water in my engine compartment than anyother R/A style hood, or atleast its what I hope. I'll see if I can get some picts of the underside of the hood.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

Here is there response on the WS9 hood:

"As far as the heat extractors go, the corresponding ports on the underside of the hood are offset. Instead of being located directly underneath the ports on the top, their located above the exhaust manifolds. This ensures that the heat is coming from the hottest area of the engine compartment. Also, it keeps moisture from draining on any electronics. I basically used the exact same set-up as used on the factory Firehawk hoods which made the best sense. If you just look a little closer, you'll see the large ports cut out towards the center of the underside of your hood... that's where the hot air is pulled from"

I feel like a dummy, now that I look at the hood, they are located right in the middle of the hood, offset from the external vents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information