Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Racecar.. 99 WS6

This is a discussion on The Racecar.. 99 WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; damn, a good deal made even better, no wonder you take long drives to pick up rides lol...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

damn, a good deal made even better, no wonder you take long drives to pick up rides lol

White
    1998 Trans Am

That's still a steal even without the motor. We picked up a LS1 with a t56 out of a 02 Camaro for $1750 a year ago. Would have loved to find a body like that for $1500 to drop it in.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'd have to say $1500 is the max of what it's worth being 12 years old, stripped, and cookie cuttered like it is.

I paid ~$500 for an 01 roller last year from a junk yard.. They had 10-15 of them sitting in a line.

Junked/parted out F-bodies are a dime a dozen here,, every junk yard has at least a few..

No offense though, definetly a nice project in the making..

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'd have to say $1500 is the max of what it's worth being 12 years old, stripped, and cookie cuttered like it is.

I paid ~$500 for an 01 roller last year from a junk yard.. They had 10-15 of them sitting in a line.

Junked/parted out F-bodies are a dime a dozen here,, every junk yard has at least a few..

yea but that car has a clean body...ram air hood...spohn tubular front suspension, stock rear end with 4.10s and girdle, spohn lower controls and phb, subframe connectors, racetronix 255lph with hot wire kit, 10pt wolfe racecraft cage, stock ws6 wheels..fast intake...and im sure other engine goodies...

thats well over $1500 in parts...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    yea but that car has a clean body...ram air hood...spohn tubular front suspension, stock rear end with 4.10s and girdle, spohn lower controls and phb, subframe connectors, racetronix 255lph with hot wire kit, 10pt wolfe racecraft cage, stock ws6 wheels..fast intake...and im sure other engine goodies...

thats well over $1500 in parts...
    True! However mods = nothing more than what it's worth to the buyer.

Mods have no positive effect on the vehicles book value.

Usually mods only serve to hurt resale value..

No offense,, but a car without and engine or trany is nothing more than a big paper weight and it's value should be treated as such..

A car that can't move is a car that can't move, even if it has 24k gold goodies on it..

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Until those 24k gold goodies are parted out, if you were to take all the parts listed above off the car and sell them as used parts the value would be > 1500

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

totally worth the price paid imo....the hood alone can bring $500++ if oem and in good condition

a car without and engine or trany is nothing more than a big paper weight and it's value should be treated as such..

A car that can't move is a car that can't move, even if it has 24k gold goodies on it..
    I think you mean "that" car rather than "a" car. I can think of plenty of roller bodies that bring 15 times that amount of money and don't run.

I'd say Scott got a smokin deal on that car, nearly worth the price of the intake alone. I'd have bought it at that price and the last thing I even need is another project right now

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I think you mean "that" car rather than "a" car. I can think of plenty of roller bodies that bring 15 times that amount of money and don't run.

I'd say Scott got a smokin deal on that car, nearly worth the price of the intake alone. I'd have bought it at that price and the last thing I even need is another project right now
    I disagree. and "that" is exactly what I wanted to say..

THESE cars just don't have the real world value some folks apply to them.....Never did.. and THAT my friend is a fact..

Red
    99 Z28

It wasn't stripped.. The reason it looks like that in the pics is because I started taking the interior out already to put into my maroon car. It had complete interior and the car was all there. Everything works in it.. And the reason the engine bay looks like that is cause I started taking off stuff and getting ready to drop the motor out.

Blue
    02 Firebird Transam

Congrats on the find. Be sure and keep us posted how the project comes along.

Dan

I disagree. and "that" is exactly what I wanted to say..

THESE cars just don't have the real world value some folks apply to them.....Never did.. and THAT my friend is a fact..
    I said "A" car,,,,,not these cars.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Man you are one lucky son of a gun. If you are looking to sell anything from the interior shoot me a pm

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    It wasn't stripped.. The reason it looks like that in the pics is because I started taking the interior out already to put into my maroon car. It had complete interior and the car was all there. Everything works in it.. And the reason the engine bay looks like that is cause I started taking off stuff and getting ready to drop the motor out.
    I must have missed where it was a running car before you got it...

My posts were based on the car as is in the pics.

My roller had no engine, or trany, had normal chips from years of use but was strait with all the glass and interior intact.

$1500 for a running road worthy car in good shape is a different ball game.

In that case sight unseen I'd say you made out if the car is'nt shot..

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

Ok then, it's confirmed, you guys are packing some heavy metal. Either that or you somehow get lists of F Body owners who have been recently admitted to sanitariums.

Red
    99 Z28

I must have missed where it was a running car before you got it...

My posts were based on the car as is in the pics.

My roller had no engine, or trany, had normal chips from years of use but was strait with all the glass and interior intact.

$1500 for a running road worthy car in good shape is a different ball game.

In that case sight unseen I'd say you made out if the car is'nt shot..
    It was. The day I went down to help him find a "weird noise" the next time he went to start it, it ran and idle with a weird noise, shut it off. Told him I wouldnt start it again, he did. It went clank twice, bang twice. And I hear some cuss words and see the cracked block. Then I bought it hahaha..

The car has a FAST 102 on it, PRC 2.5 243 heads, and a 233/239 cam. This stuff was NOT included in the purchase. I did not get the motor or tranny, its just still in the car. I bought this off my best friend. And we have no rush on it. I got the rolling chassis which is all I wanted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information