Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

R.I.P. to my bird <3

This is a discussion on R.I.P. to my bird <3 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; yeah well i will be parting out the good parts of my car. like the brand new engine and the ...

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

yeah well i will be parting out the good parts of my car. like the brand new engine and the tranny and t tops and what now. just the back is all jacked up and the frame. going on craigs saturday or sunday

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

sorry to here that man, timing always really does suck and good thing no one got hurt.

When I wrecked my trans am a dumb b%tch tboned me and I slid onto a curve and my rear end pretty much came out of place from the brackets, even broke my rim.

Oh yeah and as much as it sucks, but can you post some pics of the car so we can be amused for a little bit...I hated being the one posting pics when I crashed but nobody made fun so its all good dude.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Gonzales View Post
    sorry bout your ride...........get a SRT4 and tell your dad its a slow 4 banger
    it is a slow 4 banger haha get a vr4 or stealth rt those are fast and reasonably fare on price

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

ha pictures? idk how to do that but ill try.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    I know that, lol. But the way some drive around here, they're gonna get themselves or someone else killed. Where I live it's either to one extreme or the other. You got the idiot young people (my age group included) who drive as if they're gettin chased by a tornado or something. Then the older group, who can't seem to go any faster than 35, lol. Oh, and most definatly keep racing I know this isn't the multi media section, but check this out. I videod this myself when I was at the Bristol, TN dragstrip earlier this year. Listen to how old the announcer says the driver is He'll be in the black Chevy Cobalt.
    damn...whats that cobalt got in it...???

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

am i the only one that thinks the old lady isnt necessarily at fault ? ...it was a wet condition as he said he went through a puddle ...he was going 65 in a 55(may be lower) and had bald tires ..seems like the last thing i would be doing with bald tires in very wet conditions is going 65 on a back road...personally normally i am all for 17+ year olds getting a v8 if they are lucky...it teaches them very quickly to respect the power..but in your case..maybe a gtp is better

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    guys... story is i totaled my ride saturday night.. It was my mothers bday and i went to visit her. On my way back home, on the country road i was going 65mph. A lady decides to pull out in front of me and goes slow.. i had no time to slow down. my tires are bald as heck. so i slow down a go around her. i lost control not realizing the puddle i go over and slidded for bout 100 feet. the rear end hits the colvert dead on and the rear axel takes the impact and is forced out. it punctured thru the trunk and my exaughsted was trashed. i had to kick open my door to get out. i got a speedin ticket and have a messed up car.. took it to my uncles shop and told me the frame is badly messed up. The WORST part is i just got my engine rebulilt 3 months ago. i know its just a V6 but still... im 16 and it was my baby. I have 2 choices now.. find another body and drop my new engine in it or sell the engine for a grand and wait till next summer and get a 2000-2004 mustang GT. i thnk ima wait and get the GT. dont get me wrong.. im a huge fbody fan but im not allowed to have a trans am 5.7 L. so ima go with a smaller V8..

so what road were you on? was it here in houston?

White
    96 firebird vert

Parts needed

I need both headlight assemblies and rear taillights, although im sure ure tails are both trashed... I'de give ya 400 for both assemblies if you shipped um to 47356.. let me know thanks

2001 LS1

Sorry to hear that man! Don't lose hope. There are still other better than your bird.

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    so what road were you on? was it here in houston?
    Oh no sir my wreck wasnt in houston, i live here. I wrecked in magnolia

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Quote Originally Posted by augie1209 View Post
    I need both headlight assemblies and rear taillights, although im sure ure tails are both trashed... I'de give ya 400 for both assemblies if you shipped um to 47356.. let me know thanks
    To be honest the previous owner rigged the headlight assembly n broke it. My tail lights have no damage from the wreck. Just a lil crack in the left tail light. Letme know if still interested..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    I know that, lol. But the way some drive around here, they're gonna get themselves or someone else killed. Where I live it's either to one extreme or the other. You got the idiot young people (my age group included) who drive as if they're gettin chased by a tornado or something. Then the older group, who can't seem to go any faster than 35, lol. Oh, and most definatly keep racing I know this isn't the multi media section, but check this out. I videod this myself when I was at the Bristol, TN dragstrip earlier this year. Listen to how old the announcer says the driver is He'll be in the black Chevy Cobalt.
    82! Dayum. Makes me seem like a spring chicken.

Like Big Daddy Don Garlits once said, "You go over the hill and you start pickin' up speed"...

Oh, sorry I didn't reply earlier. Chalk it up to "Old Timers" disease....

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

sorry about your loss,hope u come out on top with your ticket situation,I agree with basballny2 getting the GTP would be a better choice than the gt the mustang would be a very bad choice IMO

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

if your parting it out bro let me know what you want for the right side rear light assy. i cracked mine in a similar story though i came out a lot better than you. It was last xmas on a back road, i would up backwards in the road for about 150-180 feet then boardslide a 8 1/2 ft snow bank for about 150yrds. bent the exhaust a little bit, cracked the rear sail and bumper and cracked the right tail lens, other than that it was fine, fine enough to make it from new hampshire to cali. I hope you get an f body again bro just as soon as you can man, def let us know when you do.

sorry but no 16 year old should have a v8, especially after wrecking a v6. shit happens but losing the ass end in a v8 is 1000 times easier than that v6 is, I've had both

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Yea im now looking for a v6 body 98 above for my new engine. Cheapest n easiest way

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    damn...whats that cobalt got in it...???
    WOW, i'm very late at replyin to this, sorry 'bout that, I suffer from chronic CRS, lol but that Cobalt has a 427 under the hood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information