Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

R.I.P. to my bird <3

guys... story is i totaled my ride saturday night.. It was my mothers bday and i went to visit her. On my way back home, on the country road i was going 65mph. A lady decides to pull out in front of me and goes slow.. i had no time to slow down. my tires are bald as heck. so i slow down a go around her. i lost control not realizing the puddle i go over and slidded for bout 100 feet. the rear end hits the colvert dead on and the rear axel takes the impact and is forced out. it punctured thru the trunk and my exaughsted was trashed. i had to kick open my door to get out. i got a speedin ticket and have a messed up car.. took it to my uncles shop and told me the frame is badly messed up. The WORST part is i just got my engine rebulilt 3 months ago. i know its just a V6 but still... im 16 and it was my baby. I have 2 choices now.. find another body and drop my new engine in it or sell the engine for a grand and wait till next summer and get a 2000-2004 mustang GT. i thnk ima wait and get the GT. dont get me wrong.. im a huge fbody fan but im not allowed to have a trans am 5.7 L. so ima go with a smaller V8..

BLACK
    00 TRANS AM M6

that sucks dat happen to you, ur blessed to still be alive.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Argh! Sorry to hear that! But you're ok and you've got decades of f-body fun still ahead of you!

Silver
    02 Pontiac

That sucks man sorry to hear about that. But it's good that you are OK. Car's can be replaced or fixed. People on the other hand can't.

1981 g-Body

God i hate old lady drivers.

Mustang GT or new Trans am if possible.

Red
    2001 ws6

In my opinion get a grand prix gtp . . . Your young but the car has power but its not a v8 get used to the power slowly and in a couple years get a v8. . . Good luck

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Go for the mustang, they're slow enough to keep you outta trouble . J/k its still asking for trouble, Iknow if I got a v8 @ 16 i would be in more trouble than I am right now (lost my licence for a year due to speeding). Good to hear you made it out ok though. Choose wisely

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

That sucks. I know how it feels to have that happen. I had a similar experience when I was 17 except in my corvette. I was turning and there was no one coming and then all of a sudden I got struck by a SUV and it smashed into the drivers side, the car flipped upside down. Some how I survived without a scratch on me. But you're alright and that's what matters. Yes you loved the car and it was caused by some stupid driver but at least you are ok. I was so pissed at the other driver when I got hit.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

at least you're okay. you can always replace the car ... with a V8

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

dude thats a pretty instense wreck.. good thing nothin bad happened to you. If i was you though id get the GT.. Did u drag that old lady out of her car and beat her with her cane? I would of

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x View Post
    God i hate old lady drivers.

Mustang GT or new Trans am if possible.
    Old lady & Old men drivers where I live, Pull out in front of you then poke along at 30mph in a 55mph zone!! To OP, glad you're ok, and believe me, I know what it's like to lose a car to a driver who isn't watchin what they're doin. Last year I lost my T/A because some moron decided to go straight in a turnin lane.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Old lady & Old men drivers where I live, Pull out in front of you then poke along at 30mph in a 55mph zone!! To OP, glad you're ok, and believe me, I know what it's like to lose a car to a driver who isn't watchin what they're doin. Last year I lost my T/A because some moron decided to go straight in a turnin lane.
    Hey now! Not all "senior citizens" are ID10T drivers....

<---- Yes I'm that old and YES I drag race my car....
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Collector Yellow
    2002 CETA Conv Auto

totaled my first shelby (67) at 17. deer ran out in front of me from a corn field , locked em up, car pulled right, right tires got in the loose stuff along the road and i got pulled down into a steep ditch and came to rest with the right front windshield pillar aginst a huge tree. Totaled that one. That car wasnt even damaged that bad. My second shelby (68) at 18, I lost it one night powering through some esses when it was raining/drizzling out, wiped the entire front nose off the car hitting a telephone poll. Didn't bend the hood or fenders, and the nose just basically sheared off, not much real damage to the parts really. weird.

then my insurance went through the roof, early 80's and I was paying like 4k a year.

anyways, it sucks to tear up your first car, you'll probably go through another one or two yet and hopefully escape unscathed except for your pride and pocketbook of course.
    It has happened to most of us as we, like you, have been into cars and do some silly things with them, especially when we are young.

I still miss that first car to this day. I loved that car!

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

Haha thanks guys didnt expect too see that many responds of other ppl trashin their pride n joy.. Well this part time job at chick fila should pay off by next summer for a GT. Its not AS beast as a bird or T/A but its somethin. Gotta goto court soon to get this speeding ticket solved...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

sorry bout your ride...........get a SRT4 and tell your dad its a slow 4 banger

The story says it - the main fault was not replacing the tires. There's a lesson there; I remember talking to someone who wanted to sell me his car, which was far away and had old tires.... I sympathize somewhat, though. First cut is the deepest, maybe. At least the next car will be a better one.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Hey now! Not all "senior citizens" are ID10T drivers....

<---- Yes I'm that old and YES I drag race my car....
    I know that, lol. But the way some drive around here, they're gonna get themselves or someone else killed. Where I live it's either to one extreme or the other. You got the idiot young people (my age group included) who drive as if they're gettin chased by a tornado or something. Then the older group, who can't seem to go any faster than 35, lol. Oh, and most definatly keep racing I know this isn't the multi media section, but check this out. I videod this myself when I was at the Bristol, TN dragstrip earlier this year. Listen to how old the announcer says the driver is He'll be in the black Chevy Cobalt.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUmoEwdJGo[/ame]

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Gonzales View Post
    sorry bout your ride...........get a SRT4 and tell your dad its a slow 4 banger
    it is.....

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

[QUOTE=dragonchick;2460995]I know that, lol. But the way some drive around here, they're gonna get themselves or someone else killed. Where I live it's either to one extreme or the other. You got the idiot young people (my age group included) who drive as if they're gettin chased by a tornado or something. Then the older group, who can't seem to go any faster than 35, lol. Oh, and most definatly keep racing I know this isn't the multi media section, but check this out. I videod this myself when I was at the Bristol, TN dragstrip earlier this year. Listen to how old the announcer says the driver is He'll be in the black Chevy Cobalt.
    QUOTE]

Wow. Amazing. I lived in Nashville not to long ago, never got the chance to go to Bristol BECAUSE I wrecked my 97 stang into a brick wall at 40+ mph because of ice in the parking lot. Yes I was being stupid, yes lesson learned.

black
    2001 Trans Am

[quote=jodibonds;2463577]
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    I know that, lol. But the way some drive around here, they're gonna get themselves or someone else killed. Where I live it's either to one extreme or the other. You got the idiot young people (my age group included) who drive as if they're gettin chased by a tornado or something. Then the older group, who can't seem to go any faster than 35, lol. Oh, and most definatly keep racing I know this isn't the multi media section, but check this out. I videod this myself when I was at the Bristol, TN dragstrip earlier this year. Listen to how old the announcer says the driver is He'll be in the black Chevy Cobalt.
    QUOTE]

Wow. Amazing. I lived in Nashville not to long ago, never got the chance to go to Bristol BECAUSE I wrecked my 97 stang into a brick wall at 40+ mph because of ice in the parking lot. Yes I was being stupid, yes lesson learned.
    Lesson learned....That's all that matters We all have our moments, lol.

Thread Information