puprle again

This is a discussion on puprle again within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok i know weve been over this subject a few times, but the other day i was at the light ...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

puprle again

ok i know weve been over this subject a few times, but the other day i was at the light in front of an auto repair shop not far from home and i saw a white ws6 parked out front, and to the side a purple formula. I know there was only like 12 birds painted purple in 98, right? if so, how many were formulas?

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

I wish I could remember what thread it was but someone had a graph of bird styles and how many they made in Each color. Hopefully someone chimes in with it

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Now that I looked I noticed it was your thread about the green ws6. On that graph it says there was only one purple formula

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    Now that I looked I noticed it was your thread about the green ws6. On that graph it says there was only one purple formula
    well i wonder if someone painted this one that color, or if its "the one".

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Daaaaamn...there should be more then 1 forumla..I know a member here has a purple forumla.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    That one Purple Formula WS6 in that old chart was in error. It was based on ASC build info I got years ago. I've since confirmed that all 10 purple '98 WS6 coupes were T/As and none were Formulas.

There were 466 purple Firebirds (V6 & V8 combined) built in '98, but only 12 of them were WS6s (the other 2 WS6s not mentioned above were T/A 'verts). Breakdowns linked in my sig.....
    Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 03-26-2010 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Clarified statement about the 2 'verts

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    That one Purple Formula WS6 in that old chart was in error. It was based on ASC build info I got years ago. I've since confirmed that all 10 purple '98 WS6 coupes were T/As and none were Formulas.

There were 466 purple Firebirds (V6 & V8 combined) built in '98, but only 12 of them were WS6s (the other 2 were T/A 'verts). Breakdowns linked in my sig.....
    ok....that makes a little more sense...

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Details on the purple Formula?

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Details on the purple Formula?
    i didnt get any details really. but i can however stop by and see if i can get some pics...im sure they wouldnt mind.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

It has a big wing!

There were 466 purple Firebirds (V6 & V8 combined) built in '98, but only 12 of them were WS6s (the other 2 were T/A 'verts). Breakdowns linked in my sig.....
    Hmmmmm... I had just ran across an ad here in TX where a guy was selling his purple 98' vert TA.Condition wasn't that great as far as the paint and other random problems but,I thought that might have been a "rarer" TA.

I went to check the ad and it was sold apparently for $4800 under 100K miles on her... Hmmmmmm. I wonder if that would count as "One that got away"
    ??

From the pics it looked definately worth fixing up.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Baluchitherium View Post
    Hmmmmm... I had just ran across an ad here in TX where a guy was selling his purple 98' vert TA.Condition wasn't that great as far as the paint and other random problems but,I thought that might have been a "rarer" TA.

I went to check the ad and it was sold apparently for $4800 under 100K miles on her... Hmmmmmm. I wonder if that would count as "One that got away"
    ??

From the pics it looked definately worth fixing up.
    I clarified my statement posted above. There were 42 Purple T/A 'verts total built in '98, 2 of those were WS6s (leaving 40 purple non-WS6 T/A 'verts). Yeah, pretty rare. There's one around town here. Used to see one of the 7 SGM WS6 'verts (this one w/ white top) around town too.

It has a big wing!

I clarified my statement posted above. There were 42 Purple T/A 'verts total built in '98, 2 of those were WS6s (leaving 40 purple non-WS6 T/A 'verts). Yeah, pretty rare. There's one around town here. Used to see one of the 7 SGM WS6 'verts (this one w/ white top) around town too.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh... I got ya. Thanks!

Thread Information