Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Exclamation Pulling the trigger!

Finally! got some time coming up in august i can get some stuff done to the car!!!! Here's what i want to do any want your suggestions as too what to buy.

LTs, ORY and Catback.
    Here's what im looking for in my exhaust. I want it loud and i mean loud. At the same time though i want it to sound good. Heard that the loudmouth has rasp when used with headers does the same go for the LM2? Also heard the TSP rumbler is really loud but how loud? Listened to sound clips of all three and im leaning towards the TSP rumbler but would still like you opinion on it. As far as LTs and ORY go i want either ceramic or stainless but at a reasonable price and the fit has to be good. My budget for the exhaust is 700-1000.

CAI
    Pretty much have settled on the volant here but if anyone has suggestions let me hear em.

AIR pump delete
    My question here is this. Is it needed or not? what are the pros/cons of the mod? also if anyone has a how to on this and what ill need that would be great, did somedigging around earlier today and couldnt really find much on it.

SD tune
    If frost or any other of the savy tuners on here could hit me back on this it would be great. Heard that you can get better throttle response out of an SD tune so thought i might give it a go. how close can you get a mail order SD tune and what are the chances of needing follow on tuning after the intital? How much extra will it cost me for the tune?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have Kooks LTs and Kooks ORY with the LM2. It is VERY loud at WOT and there is some drone/rasp around 2200-2500RPM. Other than that, it sounds decent. It's not the best sounding exhaust I've heard by any means, but I do get a lot of compliments on it.

PAJeff has a nice write-up on here about the air delete. I would suggest doing this. It really isn't needed and it clears up room in the engine bay as well as sheds weight.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Here is the write-up on the air delete.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130641

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Thanks ill def check out that thread, ya kooks are little much for what i got too spend. It would be nice though. Thanks for the infor on how your car sounds though, do you have any sound clips or vids of it?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

My suggested order would be:

LT/ORY/Catback (Kooks (price is worth it) headers, kooks y, magnaflow) > Frost tune (Especially for your a4) > Air pump delete.

Forget CAI, not worth time or money IMO.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

if you have a small budget i would get bbk headers and y pipe for 360 free shipping and tsp rumbler for 250 for a total of 610 then save your money and get a frost mail order tune for 150 bucks.. thats the cheapest you can go. Me and my bud both run bbk headers and y pipe and there great the fit is perfect. i have lm2 and it sounds awesome. and my buddy has a magnaflow exhaust and it also sounds great.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

A lot of people on here have also have great success with the stainless steel headers sold on ebay. I think they are maybe even cheaper yet.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

ya I looked into those the other day, does any one know what the company is called that makes the ones everyone uses? there were a couple different ones on there

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Good to see you back it!
    You heard the vid of mine with the LT's and LM. It is REALLY LOUD at WOT and pretty loud cruising. I didn't have much problem with the rasp, and a tune will help the exhaust smooth out a bit.
    I love my Volant intake. Can't see anything bad about it, and it looks nice to top it all off.
    I deleted my AIR, but still have the pump in the fender. You won't notice much gain, but it makes a differance in appearance. +1 on Jeffs thread.
    For those mods, Frost will give you just the tune you need. Just tell what you got, and he should be able to set you up quick.
    Good luck, man!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    ya I looked into those the other day, does any one know what the company is called that makes the ones everyone uses? there were a couple different ones on there
    There are a couple extensive threads on here. Try searching using "ebay" and "headers" together.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Good to see you back it!
    You heard the vid of mine with the LT's and LM. It is REALLY LOUD at WOT and pretty loud cruising. I didn't have much problem with the rasp, and a tune will help the exhaust smooth out a bit.
    I love my Volant intake. Can't see anything bad about it, and it looks nice to top it all off.
    I deleted my AIR, but still have the pump in the fender. You won't notice much gain, but it makes a differance in appearance. +1 on Jeffs thread.
    For those mods, Frost will give you just the tune you need. Just tell what you got, and he should be able to set you up quick.
    Good luck, man!
    ya got my predeployment leave coming up so ima hammer out my exhaust and some other small stuff, ya im deleting the AIR to clean up the bay a little bit and Ill def be going with frost once i know what exactly i am getting for parts. Ya i did hear the vid sounded pretty nice man! think im gonna go with the Rumbler myself though.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Allright so here it is.

BBK LT Headers and Off road Y
    TSP Rumbler with Ra-Activ Tips
    Volant CAI
    AIR Delete
    Tune By FROST

Will be purchasing in the next couple weeks before i head out for one last Training exersize and then itll be game on when i get back! cant wait!

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

MOD 1:
    found the LM2 with tips for the same price as the rumbler, so LM2 it is

black with silver stripes
    2001 trans am ws6

Look into the hooker headers too, a friend of mine had them and they seemed to be good headers, made good power and sounded good not sure what they cost though ...

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

glad to see you choice bbk headers there really easy to install i put mine on with the help of my bud. Just go to ebay and type the year of your car and bbk headers you should be able to find them.

Red

Also check OBX headers on Ebay. I love mine, and they fit great. Just make sure to get urethane motor mounts, and check out the modification I did to the steering half shaft in my build.
    LS6 2.5 heads, OBX LT's, LM1, MS3 cam, 12 bolt Moser, Koni 4/4's, UMI EVERYTHING!
    My build thread:http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123827
    My Halloween Forum http://www.hauntersnation.com

I see you're in California. Do you know the people doing the emissions inspection on this car or is it a non-public road car?

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

MR. Kid,
    ill check em out tonight, at work right now so im limited in my abilities on the computer.

Lees02ws6,
    Car is registered and inspected in NH, not california. As far as the emissions goes i have a loophole till the car returns to the state.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Mr. Kid,
    Just read through your thread and found what you were talking about. Were your clearance issues because of the headers or because of your sled being lowered?

Red

It was because of the headers. The bolt was actually locking the shaft in place under throttle. After changing the mounts, it would still drag a bit. After clearancing the bolt, I haven't had a single problem. Too bad I already scrathed the header...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information