Thread: Pulled over :)

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Pulled over :)

YEP owned it just shy of two weeks and I already got pulled over.
    Not for speeding though.

-- Because I just bought the car, and in the state of PA, you keep your old tag, and just transfer it over. Well I guess when he ran my plates, at the light, He saw that it was registered to a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder. I explained, and showed him paperwork, and he said I was Good to go...

As he walked away, I said.. I knew I wasn't speeding, so I figured it was either the tags, or you wanted to race me. He just laughed, and said not in that thang (talking about his Chevy Caprice)

red
    2001 formula

Typical law enforcement harassment at its finest. Revenue collectors instead of law enforcing.

98T/Aformula
    Quote Originally Posted by wnmech View Post
    Typical law enforcement harassment at its finest. Revenue collectors instead of law enforcing.
    True storie lol

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I get pulled over just cause i have had drug related tickets, they say they pull me over cause i have no front plate and then always ask to search my car. Everytime i get pulled over they ask.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

enlighten me how running a vehicle plate to see if a car might be stolen or not, is not 'law enforcing'? did the driver say he was harassed by this cop? NO!!! did the driver explain and prove to the cop everything was as it should be, AND that the car was infact his, but plates had not transferred over yet? YES!!! cops run plates at lights all the time, so please don't tell me you're that ignorant or that you have that much hatered for LEO's...

actually, he was doing his job and made sure the car was not stolen. driver even said to the cop it must have been the plates...

driver was smart, deduced the reason why, explained, and didn't lip off...

wnmech, next time, please think before you type, your comment has no proof or place with what the original poster said took place...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I get pulled over just cause i have had drug related tickets, they say they pull me over cause i have no front plate and then always ask to search my car. Everytime i get pulled over they ask.
    it is your right to say, 'NO, i do not consent to a car search'...

watch the very first part of the video...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Any further cop bashing and this thread gets
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know it is my right but that doesnt do shit, I have said no and do you know what they do, they get the k-9 unit to come have the dog sniff around my car when he freaks out they then have probable cause. So all saying NO does is make me wait longer for them to search my car plus it proves i have stuff even if they cant find it on the search.

Dont tell the cops cant get around just a simple NO lol.

Im not cop bashing just telling the truth if that makes them look bad not my fault.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 05-10-2007 at 08:55 AM.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i got pulled over for not having front plates in my car. When i first got it, i left the phoenix emblem on the front bumper and put the plate on my dashboard.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know you can do that its just the cops around here hate me and know me, im not a bad person i just disagree with there methods of police work and i have voiced that on more then one occasion. They have nothing to do around here but pull over young kids.

red
    2001 formula

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    enlighten me how running a vehicle plate to see if a car might be stolen or not, is not 'law enforcing'? did the driver say he was harassed by this cop? NO!!! did the driver explain and prove to the cop everything was as it should be, AND that the car was infact his, but plates had not transferred over yet? YES!!! cops run plates at lights all the time, so please don't tell me you're that ignorant or that you have that much hatered for LEO's...

actually, he was doing his job and made sure the car was not stolen. driver even said to the cop it must have been the plates...

wnmech, next time, please think before you type, your comment has no proof or place with what the original poster said took place...
    I guess the officier just randomly decided to pick out the mans license plate out of thousands of drivers on the road. He saw a young driver in a highprofile car and looked for a reason to harass him. Granted he should of had the plates registered to the vehicle. I see you are from the Dallas area so Look at Irving Police and Plano police they are classic examples of revenue generation at its finest. I respect the law and law enforcement officiers but I have seen so many cases of this happening.

last of the breed... urstolendesire's Avatar

Red
    2002 Transam

yeah they dont seem to like red high end cars either...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I guess the officier just randomly decided to pick out the mans license plate out of thousands of drivers on the road. He saw a young driver in a highprofile car and looked for a reason to harass him. Granted he should of had the plates registered to the vehicle. I see you are from the Dallas area so Look at Irving Police and Plano police they are classic examples of revenue generation at its finest. I respect the law and law enforcement officiers but I have seen so many cases of this happening.
    Not to sound too defensive, but I was 100% LEGAL. I had all the documentation, and getting the states data base system updated takes time, (the dealership mails all that info to them, I have no control of that.

So to say I should have had the plates registered to the vehicle is ASSuming, it wasn't registered, and in fact it was, it just wasn't updated in the States database.

I'll chalk that up to an honest misstake on your part.

BTW, and I am glad he caught the plates because WHAT if, My car had been stolen, that could have been the cop to recover my vehicle, and I am speaking from personal experience, because I have had a car stolen from me. Or even more common, is people stealing plates and putting them on their car. So either way I okay with getting pulled. The whole stop took maybe 3 minutes. (mostly because we had to fumble thru the documents that the dealership gave me, till we found the regisitration. (temporary) until the STATE sends me my permenant one.

If the cop was a douche bag, I wouldn't have felt the urge to joke with him about racing me. He was cool, and just doing his job.

I respect him, I consider me and him to have very similar jobs, I am Active Duty Air Force, and I protect Americans from foriegn attacks (sometimes domestic), and cops protect Americans from each other. I respect him.

Don't get me wrong, I have dealt with my share of Butt-head cops though, like a guy who gave me a ticket for doing 7 mph over, (and he was retired AF too) It wasn't reduced, he actually clocked me doing 7 over, and gave me a ticket. LOL. So yeah, I sometimes get irratated with cops, but overall I respect them, and I think they respect me for the job I do.

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    i got pulled over for not having front plates in my car. When i first got it, i left the phoenix emblem on the front bumper and put the plate on my dashboard.
    I wonder why the fuck states require 2 plates. Its not like they can read your plates quickly AND easily when they look in their rear view...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

I'm completely with you, if your car was stolen and they didnt run random plate checks would u not say once again that they arent doing their job... it is their job to run plates, but w.e

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ive gotten pulled over with my temp plates on my car about a month after i bought it. it wasnt "registered" but the state cop told me it was probably just because they are slow down state when it comes to registering. also fyi i didnt have insurance on this car yet, and i had extra ppl in the car (only allowed one passenger for first 6 months)

STATE COP! nicest guy ever. just told me to drive carefully and try to hurry and get insurance and itd be registered in no time.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Do you guys really think the cop gives a damn about the registration? He wanted to make contact with the driver to see if anything else was going on. Some of the dumbest people in the world have warrants and a expired tag...brake light out....whatever.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Do you guys really think the cop gives a damn about the registration? He wanted to make contact with the driver to see if anything else was going on. Some of the dumbest people in the world have warrants and a expired tag...brake light out....whatever.
    nah we really were perfect. no blasting music, perfect safe driving, no jumpin around in the car, etc. he jsut wanted to let me know to be careful and to know my car isnt technically registered (or insured. is now tho) so to just avoid confrontation with other cops etc

Thread Information