black
    1998 trans am convertible

Problem with rain?

During heavy rain fall when moderately pushing acceleration for passing,etc. my engine stutters[miss fires?]. i just added vms racing high flow MAF ported ends. these did not have the screen that factory ends had. could this be the problem? otherwise the car runs great with no problems in dry or light rain conditons.

Blue/green
    1998 firebird

I'm not sure but maybe the spark plugs/spark plug wires?

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Definitely suspect an electrical issue. Could be a number of things, a plug wire that is not fully seated, a partially broken wire, a coil that is cracked, or a bare wire elsewhere. Start by checking to see that all of your spark plug cables are fully seated at both ends (Plug and Coil). Next run the engine and shoot it with a gentle spray from a hose and see if you can replicate the stumble. If so, you will at least have an idea where on the engine the water is causing the problem and you can start looking for the cause of the short.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

black

thanks will do.

black

DIDN'T replicate problem. will have to wait until next heavy rain and see if i can see anything. recharged air filter and noticed that there was a gap between the bottom of the air cleaner duct and air cleaner housing.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Hope you resolve this soon. I don't even let my car look out of the garage at rainfall, runs great .
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by DADCRUISER View Post
    DIDN'T replicate problem. will have to wait until next heavy rain and see if i can see anything. recharged air filter and noticed that there was a gap between the bottom of the air cleaner duct and air cleaner housing.
    Did you fix that, or is it "just that way"?
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

black

MINES a daily driver and it rains almost every day in sw fla. right now. problem hasn't happened again but i haven't driven in heavy rain since first post. i noticed hood stripe. just bought the same one from phoenix graphix. did you apply stripe yourself or was it done professionally. i'm a hesitant DIYer.

black

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Did you fix that, or is it "just that way"?
    it hasn't happened again but i haven't driven in heavy rainfall since first post

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DADCRUISER View Post
    MINES a daily driver and it rains almost every day in sw fla. right now. problem hasn't happened again but i haven't driven in heavy rain since first post. i noticed hood stripe. just bought the same one from phoenix graphix. did you apply stripe yourself or was it done professionally. i'm a hesitant DIYer.
    The gentleman I bought it from did the hood stripes. But those types of graphics are generally simple. Pretty much like window tint. Clean the surface and apply a soapy water solution, any same soap to the graphic, position it, then use a hard card/squeegie wrapped in a microfiber cloth and run the water out from underneath.

Thread Information