Results 1 to 18 of 18

Price of a SOM ws6

This is a discussion on Price of a SOM ws6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I've been looking at a 2002 ws6 for sale: sunset orange with a tan (taupe) interior. Its a 6 spd ...

  1. #1
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Price of a SOM ws6

    I've been looking at a 2002 ws6 for sale: sunset orange with a tan (taupe) interior. Its a 6 spd with only 35xxx miles. The interior is in excellent condition: There is hardly any wear in the seats and no scratches/ rips. The only problem I can see is the infamous cracked door panels (~1" on the drivers door and 3" on the passenger side)

    This is basically the car of my dreams, given the interior color and 6spd on a SOM ws6, especially w/ the mileage. The car is in great condition, physically and mechanically (owned by a mechanic) but I fell like hes asking way too much @ $16800. What is the most I should pay for a car like this. Sorry I can't post pictures of it right now, but take my word for it, its damn near flawless.

    Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 08-29-2010 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    btw the car is stock except for tinted windows and an SLP exhaust (not sure which kind).. I know he is asking too much for the car, but due to the rarity and sentimental value i guess, hes not budging much on the price.

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    holy crap 16K!? that thing would have too be so perfect and less than 1000 miles.

    you could buy a fully built TA/Camaro for that price..and not a torn up POS one either. i wouldnt ever pay more than 12 or so for a TA buuut that might be me just low balling on the prices..13 MAYBE if it was just every thing i could ever ask for in a TA

  4. #4
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    holy crap 16K!? that thing would have too be so perfect and less than 1000 miles.

    you could buy a fully built TA/Camaro for that price..and not a torn up POS one either. i wouldnt ever pay more than 12 or so for a TA buuut that might be me just low balling on the prices..13 MAYBE if it was just every thing i could ever ask for in a TA
    Yeah there's no way I'd every pay that much for one trust me. I mean don't get me wrong I love T/As to death, but I could prob find a little older vette, gto, etc. for a similar price. I'm just trying to get an idea on the highest price I should go.. Thanks for your advice though

  5. #5
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    ya i love them to death also, but fortunately for us the buyer..the market is down so far and the worth of these cars arent at there highest we can complain about the prices lol.

  6. #6
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    ya i love them to death also, but fortunately for us the buyer..the market is down so far and the worth of these cars arent at there highest we can complain about the prices lol.
    yeah i'm hopin he'll come down a little more, especially if it sits on craigslist for another month. I'm just gettin anxious lol and having a difficult time finding the perfect bird I'm looking for.

  7. #7
    Member krese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brewerton, New York
    Age
    42
    Posts
    544

    silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

    you guys are LUCKY if they are going for $16k near you.. that same car is for sale here except for this one has black leather and it is going for $21k and it WILL sell for that. can't get one here under 50k miles for less than $17k

  8. #8
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    you guys are LUCKY if they are going for $16k near you.. that same car is for sale here except for this one has black leather and it is going for $21k and it WILL sell for that. can't get one here under 50k miles for less than $17k
    This one's up in Pennsylvania so maybe its a northern thing I live down in NC, but I'm having to search the whole country to find one lol.. I just wish I could meet the guy somewhere in the middle (price)

  9. #9
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    If you cant find anything with under 50k for $17k, then I would look on LS1tech. Their classifieds are sooo big its not even funny. At least a dozen new cars every day. If I didnt bump my thread once a day, in two days time it would be somewhere near the 4 or 5 page.

    As far as price it all depends on two things. 1) How much your willing to pay 2) How desperate he is to sell it. If he has to sell it then I would think he would drop the price a bit. If its his weekend car then I doubt he's in a hurry. Either way I would never pay 16k for a trans am. For that price you could just buy one with a stroker or spend a bit more and get a 03/04 cobra. Dont rush when buying a car. If I were paying that kind of money for a car like that, you better hope that there isnt even a speck of dust on the hood. SOM is a good color but not 16k good...
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

    Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

  10. #10
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    in NY that would be a steal......35k miles SOM 6 spd would go for around 20-22 like krese said

  11. #11
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Insane.

    SOM is a factory color. Not worth anymore than any other color.

  12. #12
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Insane.

    SOM is a factory color. Not worth anymore than any other color.
    True, except they are more more (especially a 6spd w/ tan interior). but still not enough to justify the price increase for me either. I just need to find my baby somewhere for the right price lol.

  13. #13
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    If you cant find anything with under 50k for $17k, then I would look on LS1tech. Their classifieds are sooo big its not even funny. At least a dozen new cars every day. If I didnt bump my thread once a day, in two days time it would be somewhere near the 4 or 5 page.

    As far as price it all depends on two things. 1) How much your willing to pay 2) How desperate he is to sell it. If he has to sell it then I would think he would drop the price a bit. If its his weekend car then I doubt he's in a hurry. Either way I would never pay 16k for a trans am. For that price you could just buy one with a stroker or spend a bit more and get a 03/04 cobra. Dont rush when buying a car. If I were paying that kind of money for a car like that, you better hope that there isnt even a speck of dust on the hood. SOM is a good color but not 16k good...
    I've posted listings up there before too and you're right, there is a ridiculous amount of new postings daily. Its almost impossible to get a good response for a 'want to buy' ad.
    From what I understand, the guy is looking @ a new house, and wants to pay off one of his car loans to help pay for it (T/A & dodge ram). Still just won't come off the price enough, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay that much for one. I'm not in too big of a hurry though, i'm waiting till I find the perfect one, so I dont cut any corners since I've waited so long to get one

  14. #14
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    I'm also starting to reconsider a pewter ws6 (tan interior, 6spd, similar mileage) so if anyone knows of one PLEASEEEEEEE let me know. Orange is still my first choice though. I'm really lookin to spend 14k MAX

  15. #15
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    if you are willing tooo travel there has been some REALLY nice beefed up ones around me (Oklahoma) H/C/I H/C or just REALLY nice birds for under 10K i think thats worth the gas

    Oklahoma city listings.

  16. #16
    Member nichoLaS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    330

    Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    if you are willing tooo travel there has been some REALLY nice beefed up ones around me (Oklahoma) H/C/I H/C or just REALLY nice birds for under 10K i think thats worth the gas

    Oklahoma city listings.
    H/C/I H/C? i'm guessing heads, cam, intake? ... preferably looking for a relatively stock one though...
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 08-30-2010 at 03:49 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Check for a bubbling sail panel too. Take off $1000 for bubbling sail panel and $800 for two cracked door panels.

  18. #18
    She-Member jrbonds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central OK
    Posts
    782

    2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

    Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    I'm also starting to reconsider a pewter ws6 (tan interior, 6spd, similar mileage) so if anyone knows of one PLEASEEEEEEE let me know. Orange is still my first choice though. I'm really lookin to spend 14k MAX
    Yeah OKC autotrader.com (use zip code 73102) or the OKC craigslist. In my search I keep running into the same 3 or 4 nice pewter colored ones. I just don't want pewter. Actually can't stand that color. I know I seen two this morning. Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. N2O price
    By Footlead in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
  2. price for car
    By Colten W. in forum LT1
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
  4. Price?
    By PureSpeed in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
  5. Best price for bmr sfc
    By GottaHaveLS1 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 07:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •