Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Price of a SOM ws6

I've been looking at a 2002 ws6 for sale: sunset orange with a tan (taupe) interior. Its a 6 spd with only 35xxx miles. The interior is in excellent condition: There is hardly any wear in the seats and no scratches/ rips. The only problem I can see is the infamous cracked door panels (~1" on the drivers door and 3" on the passenger side)

This is basically the car of my dreams, given the interior color and 6spd on a SOM ws6, especially w/ the mileage. The car is in great condition, physically and mechanically (owned by a mechanic) but I fell like hes asking way too much @ $16800. What is the most I should pay for a car like this. Sorry I can't post pictures of it right now, but take my word for it, its damn near flawless.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 08-29-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

btw the car is stock except for tinted windows and an SLP exhaust (not sure which kind).. I know he is asking too much for the car, but due to the rarity and sentimental value i guess, hes not budging much on the price.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

holy crap 16K!? that thing would have too be so perfect and less than 1000 miles.

you could buy a fully built TA/Camaro for that price..and not a torn up POS one either. i wouldnt ever pay more than 12 or so for a TA buuut that might be me just low balling on the prices..13 MAYBE if it was just every thing i could ever ask for in a TA

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    holy crap 16K!? that thing would have too be so perfect and less than 1000 miles.

you could buy a fully built TA/Camaro for that price..and not a torn up POS one either. i wouldnt ever pay more than 12 or so for a TA buuut that might be me just low balling on the prices..13 MAYBE if it was just every thing i could ever ask for in a TA
    Yeah there's no way I'd every pay that much for one trust me. I mean don't get me wrong I love T/As to death, but I could prob find a little older vette, gto, etc. for a similar price. I'm just trying to get an idea on the highest price I should go.. Thanks for your advice though

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

ya i love them to death also, but fortunately for us the buyer..the market is down so far and the worth of these cars arent at there highest we can complain about the prices lol.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

ya i love them to death also, but fortunately for us the buyer..the market is down so far and the worth of these cars arent at there highest we can complain about the prices lol.
    yeah i'm hopin he'll come down a little more, especially if it sits on craigslist for another month. I'm just gettin anxious lol and having a difficult time finding the perfect bird I'm looking for.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

you guys are LUCKY if they are going for $16k near you.. that same car is for sale here except for this one has black leather and it is going for $21k and it WILL sell for that. can't get one here under 50k miles for less than $17k

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    you guys are LUCKY if they are going for $16k near you.. that same car is for sale here except for this one has black leather and it is going for $21k and it WILL sell for that. can't get one here under 50k miles for less than $17k
    This one's up in Pennsylvania so maybe its a northern thing I live down in NC, but I'm having to search the whole country to find one lol.. I just wish I could meet the guy somewhere in the middle (price)

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

If you cant find anything with under 50k for $17k, then I would look on LS1tech. Their classifieds are sooo big its not even funny. At least a dozen new cars every day. If I didnt bump my thread once a day, in two days time it would be somewhere near the 4 or 5 page.

As far as price it all depends on two things. 1) How much your willing to pay 2) How desperate he is to sell it. If he has to sell it then I would think he would drop the price a bit. If its his weekend car then I doubt he's in a hurry. Either way I would never pay 16k for a trans am. For that price you could just buy one with a stroker or spend a bit more and get a 03/04 cobra. Dont rush when buying a car. If I were paying that kind of money for a car like that, you better hope that there isnt even a speck of dust on the hood. SOM is a good color but not 16k good...
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Red
    2001 ws6

in NY that would be a steal......35k miles SOM 6 spd would go for around 20-22 like krese said

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Insane.

SOM is a factory color. Not worth anymore than any other color.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Insane.

SOM is a factory color. Not worth anymore than any other color.
    True, except they are more more (especially a 6spd w/ tan interior). but still not enough to justify the price increase for me either. I just need to find my baby somewhere for the right price lol.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    If you cant find anything with under 50k for $17k, then I would look on LS1tech. Their classifieds are sooo big its not even funny. At least a dozen new cars every day. If I didnt bump my thread once a day, in two days time it would be somewhere near the 4 or 5 page.

As far as price it all depends on two things. 1) How much your willing to pay 2) How desperate he is to sell it. If he has to sell it then I would think he would drop the price a bit. If its his weekend car then I doubt he's in a hurry. Either way I would never pay 16k for a trans am. For that price you could just buy one with a stroker or spend a bit more and get a 03/04 cobra. Dont rush when buying a car. If I were paying that kind of money for a car like that, you better hope that there isnt even a speck of dust on the hood. SOM is a good color but not 16k good...
    I've posted listings up there before too and you're right, there is a ridiculous amount of new postings daily. Its almost impossible to get a good response for a 'want to buy' ad.
    From what I understand, the guy is looking @ a new house, and wants to pay off one of his car loans to help pay for it (T/A & dodge ram). Still just won't come off the price enough, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay that much for one. I'm not in too big of a hurry though, i'm waiting till I find the perfect one, so I dont cut any corners since I've waited so long to get one

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

I'm also starting to reconsider a pewter ws6 (tan interior, 6spd, similar mileage) so if anyone knows of one PLEASEEEEEEE let me know. Orange is still my first choice though. I'm really lookin to spend 14k MAX

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

if you are willing tooo travel there has been some REALLY nice beefed up ones around me (Oklahoma) H/C/I H/C or just REALLY nice birds for under 10K i think thats worth the gas

Oklahoma city listings.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

if you are willing tooo travel there has been some REALLY nice beefed up ones around me (Oklahoma) H/C/I H/C or just REALLY nice birds for under 10K i think thats worth the gas

Oklahoma city listings.
    H/C/I H/C? i'm guessing heads, cam, intake? ... preferably looking for a relatively stock one though...
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 08-30-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Check for a bubbling sail panel too. Take off $1000 for bubbling sail panel and $800 for two cracked door panels.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    I'm also starting to reconsider a pewter ws6 (tan interior, 6spd, similar mileage) so if anyone knows of one PLEASEEEEEEE let me know. Orange is still my first choice though. I'm really lookin to spend 14k MAX
    Yeah OKC autotrader.com (use zip code 73102) or the OKC craigslist. In my search I keep running into the same 3 or 4 nice pewter colored ones. I just don't want pewter. Actually can't stand that color. I know I seen two this morning. Good luck.

Thread Information