Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

The price of owning a bird

This is a discussion on The price of owning a bird within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; come to think of it...... just about every car, truck, suv, motorcycle looks EXACTLY like one another..... if a trans ...

  1. #61
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    come to think of it...... just about every car, truck, suv, motorcycle looks EXACTLY like one another.....











    if a trans am looks like a camaro......

  2. #62
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    the gauge cluster is different???

    do u mean the lights color?

    because, that's all I see diff....


    I miss my bird....
    The style of the gauges and the style of the radio. atleast they are different between my 99 TA and my dudes 00 SS he has an equalizer pannel where as mine has knobs and his contorls for the heat ect, are not the exact same as mine I beleave his vents are different to.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Heat vents are different my T/A has round ones where most camaro's I've seen are square. My 2000 T/A has an equalizer. the nobs are different for heat/AC pannel.

  4. #64
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Heat vents are different my T/A has round ones where most camaro's I've seen are square. My 2000 T/A has an equalizer. the nobs are different for heat/AC pannel.
    yes the radio is completely different.. along with seats.. vents in a camaro are different, but not square.. door panels. dash has numerous pieces.. shifter in an a4... theres more, but thats all i can think of.

    all in all, they are different...

  5. #65
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    okay...let me make a complete list of every difference in the interior ok...


    1-front dash is completely different
    2-Top dash is the same though, like where the security light a drl sensor is.
    3- Gauge cluster lights, and all other interior lights are a different color.
    4- Pontiac uses their own version of the Monsoon System with a manual equalizer, Chevrolet just improved on their standard Delco headunit.
    5- the door Panels Are Different
    6- the shifter knob in a Pontiac has a side button in the a4, while the Camaro has a top button
    7- The seats are different, the assemblies are the same, including the power seat assemblies, just the top of the seat is different.
    8- rear seats are the same..
    9-Window, and Door Lock Switch Covers are slightly different in size.
    10- In your glove compartment, a pontiac will have a pontiac owners manual, while a camaro will have a chevrolet owners manual...

    They are the same cars mechanically...people will get them confused....

    look at it this way it could be worse...


    we could all be in hondas...

  6. #66
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    okay...let me make a complete list of every difference in the interior ok...


    1-front dash is completely different
    2-Top dash is the same though, like where the security light a drl sensor is.
    3- Gauge cluster lights, and all other interior lights are a different color.
    4- Pontiac uses their own version of the Monsoon System with a manual equalizer, Chevrolet just improved on their standard Delco headunit.
    5- the door Panels Are Different
    6- the shifter knob in a Pontiac has a side button in the a4, while the Camaro has a top button
    7- The seats are different, the assemblies are the same, including the power seat assemblies, just the top of the seat is different.
    8- rear seats are the same..
    9-Window, and Door Lock Switch Covers are slightly different in size.
    10- In your glove compartment, a pontiac will have a pontiac owners manual, while a camaro will have a chevrolet owners manual...

    They are the same cars mechanically...people will get them confused....

    look at it this way it could be worse...


    we could all be in hondas...
    wow man, chill with the sarcasim, we all know the differances. we were just making sure you did and you do now so cool.

  7. #67
    burn'in fords 1 RedHot TransAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Age
    35
    Posts
    741

    Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

    ^^ LoL

  8. #68
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Getzen is ur resident king of sarcasm...take nothing I say personal..




    PEWTER SS FTW
    Last edited by Getzen_Guy; 04-14-2008 at 10:29 PM.

  9. #69
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    Getzen is ur resident king of sarcasm...take nothing I say personal..




    preston is gay


    Thats cool man, I just thought we all pissed you off. Glad to see everything is good

  10. #70
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    Getzen is ur resident king of sarcasm...take nothing I say personal..




    preston is gay


    I think it might be time for another timeout

  11. #71
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I think it might be time for another timeout


    I had to get ur attention...

    what's going on p?

    post fixed btw

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    okay...let me make a complete list of every difference in the interior ok...


    1-front dash is completely different
    2-Top dash is the same though, like where the security light a drl sensor is.
    3- Gauge cluster lights, and all other interior lights are a different color.
    4- Pontiac uses their own version of the Monsoon System with a manual equalizer, Chevrolet just improved on their standard Delco headunit.
    5- the door Panels Are Different
    6- the shifter knob in a Pontiac has a side button in the a4, while the Camaro has a top button
    7- The seats are different, the assemblies are the same, including the power seat assemblies, just the top of the seat is different.
    8- rear seats are the same..
    9-Window, and Door Lock Switch Covers are slightly different in size.
    10- In your glove compartment, a pontiac will have a pontiac owners manual, while a camaro will have a chevrolet owners manual...

    They are the same cars mechanically...people will get them confused....

    look at it this way it could be worse...


    we could all be in hondas...
    Or we could look like a fat Neon... sorry GTO guys i love the cars but it's true

  13. #73
    Senior Member Getzen_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,530

    Black
    2000 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Or we could look like a fat Neon... sorry GTO guys i love the cars but it's true
    ahahahaha....

  14. #74
    Member knightryda01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    710

    midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

    Wow, I'm hoping I don't have to deal with any of the bullshit you guys have had to deal with. I'm also really trying to keep my 100 pit out of the car. When any possible assholes see him they tend to go the other way... lol

  15. #75
    Member speedracer25f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202

    Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

    Some chick asked me if my car was a space shuttle once.

    I just dont understand why douchebags in neons try to fly past me. I dont even waste the gas to blow them way.

    I also hate the kids in fast cars that try to get me to race through traffic, tight streets, or rain. I wont race unless its safe, but some of these kids these days are stupid. Flying through traffic at 100 mph on a tight street.

  16. #76
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Most people ask me what year my camaro is... Lately I dont even bother correcting them and telling them It's a WS-6. Other than that I had some woman tell me the other day that I was killing the earth by driving a V-8...
    haha yeah and like she isnt by driving a car thats on 2 less cylinders,.....

  17. #77
    burn'in fords 1 RedHot TransAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Age
    35
    Posts
    741

    Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer25f View Post
    Some chick asked me if my car was a space shuttle once.

    I just dont understand why douchebags in neons try to fly past me. I dont even waste the gas to blow them way.

    I also hate the kids in fast cars that try to get me to race through traffic, tight streets, or rain. I wont race unless its safe, but some of these kids these days are stupid. Flying through traffic at 100 mph on a tight street.
    I hear ya, I dont follow after people in dangerous weather or heavy traffic either, infact I usually just ignore punks all together these days, but i'm always gritt'in my teeth when I ignore them, cause the sad thing is some of these stupid fly by kids think they topped ya or beat ya if you dont try to race them, then they go home and tell their family and friends they beat a V8 f-body with their toyota corrolla...

  18. #78
    Member moesplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    120

    black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

    It it just ME

    You guys up not seem to have more problems with punks UP NORTH with disrespect for thees cars then in the south I live in north FL!!!!!!!!I don't get itYes I'm a Pollock

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    up north there aren't as many realllly big fish. honestly in my whole county there are like 3 or 4 LS1 F bodies. at the most! but neon's and civics there are thousands. a few vette's but the owners are old and won't race anyone

  20. #80
    Junior Member Cmdr Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs,New York
    Posts
    27

    Pewter/Black
    02/98 M6 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Other than that I had some woman tell me the other day that I was killing the earth by driving a V-8...
    I would tell a fruitcake like that she`s a huge waste of a carbon footprint. But be careful, this is the type that probably would key your ride to prove a point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1 week of owning the car and this happens
    By johnnybz28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 06:18 AM
  2. owning your first z28 questions
    By bladerunnerss in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 07:35 AM
  3. owning a black car
    By issues in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM
  4. Price for '96 LT-1 'Bird vert...???
    By F-body fan in forum Convertible
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
  5. YES! more ricers owning them selves
    By third_shift|studios in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •