Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

possibly selling my WS6 T/A

This is a discussion on possibly selling my WS6 T/A within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by TransAmX2 totally unrelated, but this talk of coupes/auto/hardtop/6-speed reminded me of an aquaintance I had while in ...

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmX2 View Post
    totally unrelated, but this talk of coupes/auto/hardtop/6-speed reminded me of an aquaintance I had while in NY, he had a red '98 formula 6-speed coupe that he special ordered that way, he took a lot of ribbing from all the guys for not getting a TA or t-tops etc. He then proceeded to install an electric cut out and a 6cylinder muffler, steel drag wheels with cheater slicks on back that he installed 6cylinder hub caps on, replaced his 6 speed shifter plack with a 5-speed, and then a hidden 150 shot of nitrous. The car was a sleeper, I saw him take down more challangers than I can count, the car was functionally beautiful, it didn't need heavy t-tops or ground effects holding it back. People have reasons for liking their cars optioned they way they want.
    i for one hate hardtop Camaros Or Trans Ams,i dont like Formulas at all i dont race my car so,i could care less about its weight,i dont like Formulas because they look like Firebirds the T/A has that aggressive look i like,even the ones with the "Sleek Beaks" i dont like manuals either i never did like manual transmissions,im an A4
    guy for life,one of my friends has one of the baddest Formulas in New Orleans on track/off track it is respectfully a 9 second car,but i dont grill him for buying a Formula i just dont like them,my next LS1 Camaro will have T/Tops i wont settle for a
    hardtop or convertible or a manual transmission

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

im the opposite of FbN. i prefer the hardtop look because the lines make the car look even cleaner and don't have to worry about t-tops leaking!!! my '95 z28 was a hardtop and i loved it. i sold it for my '00 SS with t-tops. the only way i would do a t-top car was all black. CHECK!! btw, both cars were 6spd. i want the 'control' of my car when im behind the wheel and the freedom to shift into whatever gear i want when i want.

now, i personally love the Lt1 Trans Am front ends over the Ls1 TA style front end. having owned both a hardtop '95 TA 6spd, and a '98 ws6 6spd, the front end on the Ls1 cars is too much. to much going on, to busy, and for me, borderline rice. yes, i would chose an Lt1 TA over an Ls1 TA any day of the week.

sure the front end of a v6 and formula 98-02 are the same, but it's a much cleaner look. couple that with a firehawk hood (ws6 is way over done in styling) and the car looks killer. plus a formula with the TA high-rise spoiler hatch looks good as well.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im the opposite of FbN. i prefer the hardtop look because the lines make the car look even cleaner and don't have to worry about t-tops leaking!!! my '95 z28 was a hardtop and i loved it. i sold it for my '00 SS with t-tops. the only way i would do a t-top car was all black. CHECK!! btw, both cars were 6spd. i want the 'control' of my car when im behind the wheel and the freedom to shift into whatever gear i want when i want.

now, i personally love the Lt1 Trans Am front ends over the Ls1 TA style front end. having owned both a hardtop '95 TA 6spd, and a '98 ws6 6spd, the front end on the Ls1 cars is too much. to much going on, to busy, and for me, borderline rice. yes, i would chose an Lt1 TA over an Ls1 TA any day of the week.

sure the front end of a v6 and formula 98-02 are the same, but it's a much cleaner look. couple that with a firehawk hood (ws6 is way over done in styling) and the car looks killer. plus a formula with the TA high-rise spoiler hatch looks good as well.

plus a set of corvette wheels...it dont matter what kind! (whatever kind pisses you off the most)lol...

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    plus a set of corvette wheels...it dont matter what kind! (whatever kind pisses you off the most)lol...
    good one LoL!
    http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...G/IMAG1370.jpg
    In The Words of Ed Hamburger of SLP "The Muscle Car Is Not Dead"
    Camaro/Trans Am Team....SSuperior Motorsports "Leaders In The Performance World"
    T/Tops on any Trans Am Or Camaro,Just Gives The Car That Distictive Look

Pewter Metallic

im the opposite of FbN.i prefer the hardtop look because the lines make the car look even cleaner and don't have to worry about t-tops leaking!!! my '95 z28 was a hardtop and i loved it.i sold it for my'00 SS with t-tops.the only way i would do a t-top car was all black.CHECK!! btw, both cars were 6spd.i want the 'control'of my car when im behind the wheel and the freedom to shift into whatever gear i want when i want.now, i personally love the Lt1 Trans Am front ends over the Ls1 TA style front end.having owned both a hardtop '95 TA 6spd, and a '98 ws6 6spd, the front end on the Ls1 cars is too much.to much going on,to busy,and for me, borderline rice. yes, i would chose an Lt1 TA over an Ls1 TA any day of the week.sure the front end of a v6 and formula 98-02 are the same, but it's a much cleaner look. couple that with a firehawk hood (ws6 is way over done in styling) and the car looks killer. plus a formula with the TA high-rise spoiler hatch looks good as well.
    At least with a t/top car you can get away with not having an A/C with a hardtop,risk sweating to death LoL! the feeling of having a t/top car is just excellent,(it was so much of a great design)that ford and nissan tried it when the weather is great my car is clean a/c is on if its too hot,but when the tempature drops off comes the t/tops,that feeling is great! as far as a stick shift car,there are far more issues with them from what i seen and heard,you take a chance when you buy a manual trans car everytime,especially if you buy one from an inexperienced stick shift driver,I love automatics always did i never owned a manual and never will i had a 94 T/A,but i hated the front end,so i did the 98-02 conversion the LT1 was ok,but i wouldnt buy another LT1 car and you have to be INSANE to choose a LT1 T/A over a LS1 T/A you do know the LS1 is a better engine dont ya? the 98-02 front end doesnt look rice at all,it does look aggressive and from your rear view it looks like coming to gobble up whatever thats in its way LoL!the WS6 hood gives it that "threatning monster" look,the firehawk hood
    belongs on a formula because it doesnt look performance oriented at all,nothing about a formula looks like a car a guy should
    drive,a T/A looks like a man's car,formulas fits females,plus you add the risk of people always asking you "is your car a v6"
    when you buy a formula,with a T/A ppl know you have a V8 the high rise spoiler doesnt look good on the formula from the back
    with that firebird bumper it just looks silly and out of place give me a 98-02 T/A with an auto trans,t/tops & some 18/19in
    C6 Z06 vette wheels and im good to go

Pewter Metallic

maybe i oughta keep the T/A after all and start my search for a 2001-2002 Camaro Z28 or SS with t/tops automatic,trans,leather the works that one will get vette wheels too,maybe i might put those HP EVO
    wheels on the T/A preferbly black with silver lip,do those come staggered and in 19 inches? i like the RPM 505s too

HP Design Evo 1
    RPM 505
    HP Design 2
    Last edited by fbodyNATION; 07-20-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I think vette wheels are highly overdone. Then again I can't talk, I got TTM's. But the black ones ya don't see as often as chrome or TT2's =P. Regardless I gotta say I LOVE manuals. I wish autos didn't exist, I'm all for them. But I'm with ya on the 98-02 style, it looks the absolute meanest a car can look. The firehawk hood is cool, and smoother, but not quite as aggressive. The front bumper doesn't look rice to me at all, just.... trans am-ish. It's a flashy car I'm all for hardtops, they're generally my favorite. T-Tops i'm not opposed to, I don't take them off much because I like a hardtop look and don't want them to start leakng but it is nice to know I can if I really want to. I could go either way on those. I got all the options I wanted in my car though, Ta > camaro black black and a little more black. M6 > A4 T-tops > vert

Win

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    I think vette wheels are highly overdone. Then again I can't talk, I got TTM's. But the black ones ya don't see as often as chrome or TT2's =P. Regardless I gotta say I LOVE manuals. I wish autos didn't exist, I'm all for them. But I'm with ya on the 98-02 style, it looks the absolute meanest a car can look. The firehawk hood is cool, and smoother, but not quite as aggressive. The front bumper doesn't look rice to me at all, just.... trans am-ish. It's a flashy car I'm all for hardtops, they're generally my favorite. T-Tops i'm not opposed to, I don't take them off much because I like a hardtop look and don't want them to start leakng but it is nice to know I can if I really want to. I could go either way on those. I got all the options I wanted in my car though, Ta > camaro black black and a little more black. M6 > A4 T-tops > vert

Win
    thats cool you like what you like,i happen to love autos,but at the end of the day its all about what pleases your taste,we're all different,but at the same time we all have one thing in common we all love fbodys we just like ours in different styles,thats what makes the world revolve,everybody differs in his or her own way,i happen to like the 5th gen Camaro,but i hate the way the interior looks,some ppl think the interior looks good i think it sucks,i dont like tt2s even though i was gonna buy a T/A that had some on it already,the tt2s were gonna get sold ASAP!i like how fbodys look with vette wheels,overdone or not im buying them because thats what i like i aint too worried about how others think about my car because with stock,vette,hd evos etc i still will be happy with my car,my brother loves the front end of how the 93-97 Camaros look i think that front end looks awful,he loves verts even though his first Camaro was a T/Top he only will buy a vert from this day forth,me on the other hand im a t/top guy,keep the verts & hardtops M6s LoL!
    Last edited by fbodyNATION; 07-20-2011 at 11:55 AM.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    c3 rims if i recall...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    thats cool you like what you like,i happen to love autos,but at the end of the day its all about what pleases your taste,we're all different,but at the same time we all have one thing in common we all love fbodys we just like ours in different styles,thats what makes the world revolve,everybody differs in his or her own way,i happen to like the 5th gen Camaro,but i hate the way the interior looks,some ppl think the interior looks good i think it sucks,i dont like tt2s even though i was gonna buy a T/A that had some on it already,the tt2s were gonna get sold ASAP!i like how fbodys look with vette wheels,overdone or not im buying them because thats what i like i aint too worried about how others think about my car because with stock,vette,hd evos etc i still will be happy with my car,my brother loves the front end of how the 93-97 Camaros look i think that front end looks awful,he loves verts even though his first Camaro was a T/Top he only will buy a vert from this day forth,me on the other hand im a t/top guy,keep the verts & hardtops M6s LoL!
    Amen, definitely didn't mean to include you in that last bit, that was more or less a summary of my opinions. =P. Man idk how your brother can prefer the 93-7 front end. I mean it doesn't look "hideous" but... cmonnnnn. New WS6 hoods are sooo badass lol.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

FbN, I just picked (well it was delivered to me yesterday) a silver 1999 Formula hardtop 6spd...
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 07-21-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Pewter Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Amen, definitely didn't mean to include you in that last bit, that was more or less a summary of my opinions. =P. Man idk how your brother can prefer the 93-7 front end. I mean it doesn't look "hideous" but... cmonnnnn. New WS6 hoods are sooo badass lol.
    LoL! I mess with him(my brother) about that all the time,but he likes it i cant see why,but
    i cant seem to convince him to swap to the 98-02 front end,but he's confident about putting a LS1 in his car,but i dont think the LS1 air box will fit under a LT1 hood +1 on the WS6 hoods

Pewter Metallic

FbN, I just picked (well it was delivered to me yesterday) a silver 1999 Formula hardtop 6spd...
    congrats,i decided to keep the T/A,but at the moment im looking for a 01-02 Camaro Z28 or SS with leather,t/tops auto trans
    good luck on your Formula

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

FbN, glad you are keeping the TA! If I were you, I'd be looking for a red '00 z28 and call it a day. but the color is my personal preference.

I read that you tossed in comparing the powertrains of the Lt/Ls cars. Yes, I agree the Ls would be the preferred, but I was strictly comparing the exterior asthetic styling of each to what i personally desire. I would, if given, take an Lt TA over an Ls TA. Perhaps I'm bias since I have an OEM Ram Air Hood and Air Box assembly from a '97 in my garage, I'd put on it.

Regardless, I picked up the '99 because it was $3k, one owner, clean carfax. Solid car and no mechanical issues. Just a few small items to address, that's it. I feel I did good!...

Pewter Metallic

FbN, glad you are keeping the TA! If I were you, I'd be looking for a red '00 z28 and call it a day. but the color is my personal preference.

I read that you tossed in comparing the powertrains of the Lt/Ls cars. Yes, I agree the Ls would be the preferred, but I was strictly comparing the exterior asthetic styling of each to what i personally desire. I would, if given, take an Lt TA over an Ls TA. Perhaps I'm bias since I have an OEM Ram Air Hood and Air Box assembly from a '97 in my garage, I'd put on it.

Regardless, I picked up the '99 because it was $3k, one owner, clean carfax. Solid car and no mechanical issues. Just a few small items to address, that's it. I feel I did good!...
    yeah im gonna keep it,but i wanted a 01-02 because of
    LS6 intake & LS6 block,i dont really have a color preference,i will take any color....i wish i could find a Camaro that cheap,as long as the drivetrain is solid i can deal with the cosmetics myself,as long as it hasnt been involved in any major
    accidents im good,when you get that Formy together post some pics,in the meantime i will be searching for my Z28 or SS

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    RPM 505 Click for full size
    not to derail but I love the look of those rims but hate the fact you can't get them in the smaller diamaters in wider widths, if they offered 17x9 and 17x10+ or even 18x10.5 i'd be all over them. I don't want to run 19-20" rims but want to run wider tires, it seems like you can't get that combo without going OEWheels or paying 2k+ for a set so your either stuck with "vette wheels" or paying as much for rims and tires as some people spent on their car in the first place and I just can't justify that to myself.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

that would be right in to what I am looking for , but I want a M6.. GTO makes a better DD .. But if I remember right I think you can see out of a T/A better and the seats and controls fit around you better ...

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

Hey there f-body, if you can make it to the T/A Nats this year, I am bringing my title to my SOM 6-spd 'vert. If some one has the right amount of cash with them, they can drive it home. Mileage: 49,800. Interior is in almost excellent condition with some minor scuffing on the drivers seat, a hole in the d/side floor mat from the heel of my sneaker, and a crack in the p/side door panel. Exterior is in excellent shape although there are a few small rock chips here and there. Mods are limited to: skip shift, BMR weld-in SFC's, panhard bar and LCA's, SLP LM 1 (sounds awesome). The rear was rebuilt at 30K (needed new bearings all the way around), works fine (but then, I don't beat on my car), except for a small hole-shot at Spazapalooza last year. If you might be interested reply in this thread or PM me.
    PS. I am the original owner and have EVERY bit of paperwork with the car, including a complete service log and all receipts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information