Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    soon to be T.A. owner

possible lt1 decision

well i know how the lt1 firebirds have that ugly pointy front end but i really dont give a shit.. i meen the lt1 is a good motor and torquey and it pretty much has the same body style as the ls1 cars except for the front end but like i said.. i dont give a rats ass about that.. now the question i wanna know is, is the insurance cheaper for the lt1 than it is the ls1??

Awaiting Activation
    most likley. I was told that the new the car the higher the insurance is. But hey if its only like a $5-$10 differance each month GET THE LS1.

soon to be T.A. owner

ya i know but if its cheaper ill take anything i can get since im the one thats probably gonna pay for the insurance.. the car is also cheaper so that will help me out also.. they are only in the 7-8k range.. besides i think the lt1 would be a helluva car to make a good 1/4 mile car.. it will be fun to build my own car with CHEAPER parts..

White
    2001 Trans Am

Dude, I got my first sports car when I was 20. I bought an 88 Pontiac GTA and didnt even consider a fourth gen because of insurance. Researched AFTER the fact and found that my insurance difference for a 10yr newer car was like 10 bucks. Needless to say, had the 88 for 3 months and bought the 98 Trans Am.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL...you're 15 and want to drive a v8...you'll have high insurance regardless. dude, get a cavalier, drive that for a few years, go to college then get an LS1.

Green&Teal
    1993TA 1998Z28

Cool

I have an LT1 and an LS1 and the only reason the Ls1 is more is because it's a little newer car that is worth more money. The difference is about 30 dollars a month.

soon to be T.A. owner

alright im sick of all you guys fuckin comin to me with this ur 15 and u dont need a v8 bullshit.. fuck you.. dont underestimate just bc im 15.. it gets old listening to it..

White
    2001 Trans Am

Junior, you need to slow your roll. He makes a good suggestion. IF you find a car, IF you can afford it, IF you can afford the insurance(much less GET it), you will be sooo broke that you wont ever be able to do anything with your car OR your buddies. @ 20, I could barely afford all the associated costs with owning one of these cars. Chill out. Aint no need to be cussin folks. Props for not wanting a POS ricer, but I, also, think that you are in over your head, bro.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lol @ junior. Dude, the facts are facts. I'm 24, have a few tickets and pay out the ass on insurance, lets break down what a 4th gen car costs....

gas; $3/gal, 17 gal tank, 4 fill-ups a month, = $204/mo
    insurance: $1,100 / 6months= $184 /mo
    car: $330/mo
    misc/wash/wax: atleast $50

total= $768.

SO, junior....do you have $800 per month you can dedicate to your car? i sure as hell never had that kinda cash as a frosh in H.S. good luck, man.

White
    2001 Trans Am

gas; $3/gal, 17 gal tank, 4 fill-ups a month, = $204/mo
    insurance: $1,100 / 6months= $184 /mo
    car: $330/mo
    misc/wash/wax: atleast $50

Parents paying for it all at 16yrs old: PRICELESS

pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6 Conv.

My little bother got a 93 formula for his 16th birthday back in 1994. First day out in it he spun a 180 went up on a curb and pushed it between 2 trees. Guess what? He was speeding and wasn't used to the power or the "squirly" rear end on these cars. It cost the insurace co. $14,000 to completely replace the rear end suspension, all four fenders, 2 rims, 4 tires (GSC's), paint the hood, roof, and rear end to factory finish. He waitied 1 month to get the car back. my point is BE CAREFUL when you get this car. I totally understand the whole concept of parents paying for expenses as mine did the same for us, just please be careful and respect the power you will be in control of! Have fun.
    Last edited by indig0_2000; 04-20-2006 at 07:23 PM.

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by indig0_2000
    My little bother got a 93 formula for his 16th birthday back in 1994. First day out in it he spun a 180 went up on a curb and pushed it between 2 trees. Guess what? He was speeding and wasn't used to the power or the "squirly" rear end on these cars. It cost the insurace co. $14,000 to completely replace the rear end suspension, all four fenders, 2 rims, 4 tires (GSC's), paint the hood, roof, and rear end to factory finish. He waitied 1 month to get the car back. my point is BE CAREFUL when you get this car. I totally understand the whole concept of parents paying for expenses as mine did the same for us, just please be careful and respect the power you will be in control of! Have fun.
    i respect wat ur sayin there but people think im just a kid that hasnt ever delt with cars or insurance.. i have a streetbike that im payin 105 a month for insurance.. ive drivin the ls1 and alot of other cars and i know what the capabilities are in it.. i can handle the power trust me.. im not ur normal 15 year old that thinks he knows what hes doin.. if uve ever been around me u guys would know how i really am and i always got people sayin i act 20 or so.. i dont act my age.. so people please quit with the "u cant handle this car" crap.. i dont need people tellin me what i can and cant do when i already know what my capabilities are.. have a nice day

White
    2001 Trans Am

Have a nice day at school!!

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by mavrikZ
    Have a nice day at school!!
    o i will bc if i do good in school i get this car.. bitches

White
    2001 Trans Am

Dude, really. Grow up with all the name calling. People dont appreciate that. You are showing your age. And "boobs"? Come on. Do you REALLY think that you are deserving of a man's car?

soon to be T.A. owner

Dude, really. Grow up with all the name calling. People dont appreciate that. You are showing your age. And "boobs"? Come on. Do you REALLY think that you are deserving of a man's car?
    just so u know i got my nickname from school.. its bc my real name is bobby and my brother used to call me boobie so thats how the nickname thing came along.. everybody knows me by boobs.. so dont go around bitchin about my name just bc its "boobs"..

row up with all the name calling. People dont appreciate that.
    and i dont appreciate people gettin in my business and treatin me like im a dumbass..

White
    2001 Trans Am

and i dont appreciate people gettin in my business and treatin me like im a dumbass..[/QUOTE]

All right. This thread has officially went in the wrong direction.
    About the car.
    #1. If you want a Fbody at 16- great-at least its not a ricer.
    #2. If you CAN GET one at 16- you are a lucky kid.
    #3. If you dont loose your license in 6months time or total the car-amazing.
    About you.
    #1. Quote above. You make it everyones business on this board when you post. Thus the nature of a FORUM.
    #2. You need to get used to some criticizm and learn how to present your case mature like.
    #3. Chill with the language. Your point can be taken, just as effectivly, less the vulgarity.
    #4. Respect is key in this game. You do not gain respect by claiming how intelligent and mature you are and then callin people bitches and being hypersensitive.

#5. Lets do the whole board a favor and let this thread die. If you have anything futher to say, please PM me.

12 Pounds

Silver
    95 Z

i have had my camaro sinse i was 17 and they are right they are quiet costly when you dont expect it the optispark will go out and its a good chunk of change a good 600$ with out labor, now the car is blown and in the 11s. point being it will cost you alot more then expected

soon to be T.A. owner

ive checked and the optispark was only like 200.. btw i got a job and money for nothing but performance and upgrades for the car.. my parents will pay for insurance and everything but im payin for upgrades and maintanance

White
    2001 Trans Am

Lucky man

Thread Information