BLACK
    2000 WS6

Exclamation Please help me decide if this ws6 is a good buy

I've been looking for a nice clean black trans am ws6 for a long time. I've found one Black on Black 6 speed manual transmision year 2000 WS6 with 27 thousand miles price $14000. Please let me know thanks

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Honestly, it's worth whatever you're willing to pay. I've seen them go for more, and less. If it's a clean, well maintained, stock car, then it's going to fetch a higher price.

Arctic White
    01 Trans Am

Just throwing my 2 cents in. I bought a clean 2000 TA about a month ago, and paid 8900. It wasn't modded, and has a clear title, and had 103k on the clock. It sounds like you're getting a descent deal.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Read this: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/guide-buying-fbody-118628/

If it passes all of those, I say its a good deal. I paid more for mine and it had 49k.

black
    2000 trans am

Not too bad.. maybe a lilttle help, i think my TA was a good deal...compare
    2000 TA with 60000 miles for 12k

black
    2000 trans am

Also black 6speed

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Thanks for your help guys. By the way how do i tell if its a real ws6? The door sticker does say WS6 WS9 then the row down it says Y82. tHIS MEANS ITS A REAL WS6 right?

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Yes, as long as the WS6 code is present, it's the real deal.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

That is a good deal, as long as the paint looks good and the interior looks good. Check the carfax too for no accidents. Check the mods too, if any.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Thanks guys so much I finally picked up the Bird its in great condition! Thanks for the Help

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Contrats! Lets see it!

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 MANN View Post
    Thanks guys so much I finally picked up the Bird its in great condition! Thanks for the Help
    Excellent! Yeah a 12 year old car with 27k miles, should indicate that it was someone's weekend/summer ride and was taken care of. For what it's worth now that you've already got it, I paid more for mine when it was 7 years old with about the same miles on it...

Enjoy it!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Car is 12 years old and sat for most of it's life... I would'nt pay a dime over 8-9 for it..

Sitting for years is no good for any car, even a garage kept one..

Signs of dry rot are likely to apear as soon as you start getting some miles on it from driving it regularly.

If you do purchase the vehicle do yourself a favor and buy a good warranty for it..

If it's on factory tires,, well you need new ones today..lol

just my .02

BLACK
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Car is 12 years old and sat for most of it's life... I would'nt pay a dime over 8-9 for it..

Signs of dry rot are likely to apear as soon as you start getting some miles on it from driving it regularly.

If you do purchase the vehicle do yourself a favor and buy a good warranty for it..

just my .02
    EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN opinion but you cant find a car in this condition for 8 k let alone 9k anywhere, im form california people here sell trans am's with 100+k miles for $10k. The demand here is high. from all the input ive recieved i got a great deal, even got the car checked out by a mechanic. I dont want to buy a car with over 60k miles because i want to actually keep it for a long time. But then again everyone has their own opinion. By the way its everything I ever wanted and more so Im glad with my decision

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Hmm I hadn't considered that it might have sat TOO long... Guess it just depends on how often the previous owner drove it those few miles. But sounds like it was probably an extra good idea that you had it checked out. Good good that you're happy. Everybody's happy a few days into their new Trans Am!

I probably hate you bowtieguy02SS's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

just my .02
    this! you dont know anything about this car, 12yrs old, low milage = sat for sometime. did the owner start it and let it run when it wasnt being driven? if not, all fluids need changed today. but the price is good, i paid that much in 08 for my 35th SS and it had 24k on the clock. i instantly had to replace water pump and ps pump, rear diff seal and tires all around.. so im not just talking out my ass, do all your preventative maintenance checks now or it could cost you more.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 MANN View Post
    EVERYONE HAS THERE OWN opinion but you cant find a car in this condition for 8 k let alone 9k anywhere, im form california people here sell trans am's with 100+k miles for $10k. The demand here is high. from all the input ive recieved i got a great deal, even got the car checked out by a mechanic. I dont want to buy a car with over 60k miles because i want to actually keep it for a long time. But then again everyone has their own opinion. By the way its everything I ever wanted and more so Im glad with my decision
    First F-body huh?

I'm familier with the west coast, lived there, and have (pick a state) family there..

The point is that is/was the price you were willing to pay.

I pointed out the car simply is'nt worth that price.

After all you did ask if it was a good buy.

ADD the reasons Bowtie and I stated.

What a car is actually worth and what people will (for reasons their own) pay are 2 very different animals.

Where you live does'nt change that.

The only real important thing here is you're happy with your new car.. Congrats!
    Last edited by Smittro; 04-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I just paid $14k for mine and it's a 00 WS6. 58k from Florida. Some people say it's alot some people say I got a smokin deal. I'm happy with it and i pay the bills on it. If you think you got a good deal then you did.

BLACK
    2000 WS6

First F-body huh?

I'm familier with the west coast, lived there, and have (pick a state) family there..

The point is that is/was the price you were willing to pay.

I pointed out the car simply is'nt worth that price.

After all you did ask if it was a good buy.

ADD the reasons Bowtie and I stated.

What a car is actually worth and what people will (for reasons their own) pay are 2 very different animals.

Where you live does'nt change that.

The only real important thing here is you're happy with your new car.. Congrats!
    Thanks, I respect your answer, because i did ask for everyones opinion. Only thing is that ive been looking for a clean black on black ws6 with low miles for a long time (2-3 yrs) and when i found this one i didnt want it to slip away, especially over a thousand bucks or so.I will be doing a check up on all he fluids thanks for the heads up tho, it was looked at by a mechanic but it sure doesnt hurt to look at it again.

Thread Information