Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pics of Vizage body kit

This is a discussion on Pics of Vizage body kit within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Okay, I see what you mean now. I thought you were speaking about the in between gap of the skirts ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb White Grill It!

Okay, I see what you mean now. I thought you were speaking about the in between gap of the skirts and the body.

Painting it black makes those vents stand out more. The enlarge shot of the photos reveal that you have pumping the accelerator as you speed down the highway haven't you? A lot of debris nicks.

I have seen other vehicles with the grill... while you are at it, make it a hobby and go with white grills as a backing to those vents. I most certainly through reading other peoples post that these kits have way too many inlets which throws the existing stock ones off. The Nostril inlet looks fine the bottom ones with white fitted grills will do you much more justice.

I'm not a grill technician, though you should be able to find some tricks to easily instill those home made grilles......Hey, check this out

My hood is an OEM Factory hood from Year One, though the Mother Fers did not send me any grills... instead of purchasing those Honeycomb grills, I made my own out of Plastic Square mesh purchased at a Crafts store.. they are sold by the big sheets. I made a cut out of the nostril vents on paper, cut trace the shape on the plastic sheet and installed with screw of course. In your case, you would buy the grill mesh in white and do the same. It's a very in expesive fix where you don't even have to paint.

Though your vehicle looks gooooooooooooooorgeous as it is, I would definitely go for the grill project and see what the outcome will look like.

Thanks for the reading on your vehicle performance. I want that white TA but still very nervous about handing over 7800 dollars and having vehicle issues within months. I once own an auction Camry that screwed up after a year of usage........ just a little nervous abou this TA want that's all. By the same token, my doesn't want me to spend our savings on it. Last thing I want is to hear from her, " I told you so! 155000 miles on the vehicle is way too much!

TAke care,
    Matthew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    Matthew, I've put up a pic of the black on the openings of the side skirt and air dam on my webpage.
    As for the washable paint, yes it will need to be repainted after you wash it, in fact after it dries you can wipe it off with your finger.
    You were wondering how my car runs, my belltronics accelorometer says my best has been 11.8@120 mph @3500 ft. elevation. The car also has 106k on the clock.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

what you think about a color fade change on it?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Exclamation What do you mean?

What do you mean a color fade change? Are you speaking about the Purple that turns black from a different aspect?

Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    what you think about a color fade change on it?

Silver

No I want it to start off charcoal like the ram air decal then fade/blend to a blue to go with my underglow. I am haveing a company make it but before they produce it they are supossed to email a picture.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile

Did I mention about the Vinyl to you? After checking out your Bird again, I think you should just Vinyl it. You can cover up the vent as well as guard against debris crack on the paint... more than that, cleaning will be cinch when road water dirty the effects. If it has not happen yet to you, when debris or wear and tear cracks the paint, it will begin a change reaction.

Lately I have been viewing many owners interested in painting the rear a different color, calling it a CETA mod. Funny as it is, it's just a fancy name that serves no purpose besides jacking up the look from behind in my opinion. Already our vehicle with the ground effects reflect speed........ what I thought about doing probably the next time around because of the cost involved, is to vinyl the ground effects with the "white Refective" vinyl. That will give the vehicle a very different look... check this out...... during the day, the ground effects will flash people as you drive by without an overkill.... close to dust with lights on, your vehicle will look like it's floating by based on the skirt light reflection. At night, you ground effects will reveal a floating effect period as the vehicle moves by. More that that, people will know that you are coming and move out of the way..... it will also serve as a safety measure without funny neon lights underneath the body. The reflective cost much more than the white but it will enhance the vehicle by 25%. The reflective comes in a couple colors.

This will be an unoticeable vehicle part modification but yet will be noticeable....

Matthew

OK people I finally got the kit painted and installed, the fit wasn't perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be. This is the first kit to make it to the states. Take it as you will, but I like it, and so has everyone that has seen it here in town. I'm sure some won't but that is their problem. I've seen stuff done to other peoples car that I didn't like but its their car and if they like it, well good for them.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Question Singe Color Vinyl

Still not sure what you are intending to do... maybe you can post an image on this Forum so that we can debate over it. Since you have a Ram Air hood, any single color vinyl design, excluding stripes, will not look well. If you have seen in this forum, some TA with flames don't look bad... but some others with a single color flame kills the overall look of the vehicle in my humble opinion.... You don't want to take away the look of the ram air hood.

Well, post the image when you get it.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    No I want it to start off charcoal like the ram air decal then fade/blend to a blue to go with my underglow. I am haveing a company make it but before they produce it they are supossed to email a picture.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb Without those Vents-------------

After some consideration and screwing around at work again....... I have imaged in what my vehicle will look like upon refitting the side skirts and vinyling the Ground Effects... check out how the front end will look..... I think you will agree with me that it looks much better without the vents.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Striping and Rear Accent..........

Check this out!

I like the little accent red line in the rear bumper and this type of striping with the bird in the front and Checkered in the rear... looks real nice... if I get the White TA, I will definitely stripe like this:

Matthew

Silver

Eventually

I am planning on paint the "inside" of my rear bumper, the side bird of prey decals, new rims,dvd player, fog light-halo, skirt kit-maybe, and of course motor upgrades. That is all that i want at the moment...

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

[QUOTE=matthewaqui;876721]Okay, I see what you mean now. I thought you were speaking about the in between gap of the skirts and the body.

Painting it black makes those vents stand out more. The enlarge shot of the photos reveal that you have pumping the accelerator as you speed down the highway haven't you? A lot of debris nicks.

I have seen other vehicles with the grill... while you are at it, make it a hobby and go with white grills as a backing to those vents. I most certainly through reading other peoples post that these kits have way too many inlets which throws the existing stock ones off. The Nostril inlet looks fine the bottom ones with white fitted grills will do you much more justice.

Yes, my car does have a few rock chips, but it was my daily driver for 5 years and 100k miles. And I live on 1/2 mile of gravel road, although the car never saw more than 20 mph on the gravel, it's just a by product of a daily driver. Anyway real hotrods have rock chips and bug guts.
    If I did do the white grills, I would have to do the vents behind the front tires to make it all work together, then that would throw my black and white theme out of balance. I really need to find something that I like to go on the b-pillar in white, I've been thinking about getting 346 LS1 stickers in the same lettering style as the Trans Am on the door, about 1 inch tall letters, still have'nt decided yet.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Exclamation Sometimes and some time not

From your photos, I thought the vehicle was ocasionally driven... evidently you had much pleasure from being in that cockpit for the past 5 years.

I did a computer touch up with my mid body vent looking white... and it didn't roll. Yours would not look good in white either. Vents are ment to be black even though they may not be real vents at times. Funny, some other vehicles look good with them colored in.

If you like, I can take a little time to dock up your body kit removing those vents so you can see what it will look like.

I have seen photos of vehicles with chrome SLP emblem in the back, on the side, etc. To me, it just doesn't look right on the vehicle. It looks like they are advertising something by not keeping it simplistic. Well, consider it before purchasing those LS1 wording.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Talking Vehicle Improvement..........

True you are!
    OK people I finally got the kit painted and installed, the fit wasn't perfect but I wasn't expecting it to be. This is the first kit to make it to the states. Take it as you will, but I like it, and so has everyone that has seen it here in town. I'm sure some won't but that is their problem. I've seen stuff done to other peoples car that I didn't like but its their car and if they like it, well good for them.
    Some on this forum don't like my spoiler either ! hahahahahah It looks a little auckward the way Wings West has created the mold, though its better looking in person. Over the weekend I completed the exhaust systems for both of my TAs and wanted to share you (the Duo Magnaflow exhaust 3 inch tips filled up the two arches perfectly).... oh, I also white vinyl the side skirt so debris does not crack the paint off...... vinyling the corners is very difficult.. Check it out:

Since this post, I have also purchased a Silver TA.

Take it easy!
    Matthew

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Your Red Car wouldnt look half bad if you just removed that spoiler... Honestly.

Nice silver car!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up You are Correct

Yah..... You are right, but check this thread on what I have to say about the spoiler.

Hey, you have a Loud Mouth exhaust on your vehicle? Heard that those exhaust give off a very loud tone.

I will remove that spoiler one day.

matt
    Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    Your Red Car wouldnt look half bad if you just removed that spoiler... Honestly.

Nice silver car!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information