Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Pics of Vizage body kit

This is a discussion on Pics of Vizage body kit within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by matthewaqui I was really anxious to hear from you... finally, thanks for replying. I still have my ...

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I was really anxious to hear from you... finally, thanks for replying. I still have my Wings West off the vehicle because of the Smog Check Test.

Funny as it is, my TA seems nude at the moment without those skirts on. Damn! I feel down hearing that you would have to take those OEM skirts off. I tried taking those factory skirts off the other day, after removing all the screws, towards the front fender, it seems that the skirt is super glue to the fender. I didn't want to over tug because it would bend the fender where the two vents are at. I was looking at keeping just the OEM skirt as it is by either painting them or Vinyling them white on mine. The OEM skirt are thin and lite with the perfect fit all around.

I have asked some of these sellers about Camaro skirts fitting on our TA... many of them said "yah yah yah"... but you know how that goes. Being stuck with 2 piece of useable plastics at $500 a pop is not fun.

I believe the Ground Effects are the best way to go without having to lower your vehicle. I rather damage the effects than the original parts of the vehicle over bumps etc.

Can you clarify a little how you removed your OEM skirts without bending or damaging anything including the paint. Those Double sided 3m tape are very damaging to your vehicle if you ever need to take take those parts off. I really wished someone manufactures fiberglass parts for our interest.

Good Day TA buddy!

Matthew
    I took my car to a body shop and the kit painted and installed, so the body shop took off the factory skirts. I have heard of using fishing string and two sticks and kind of sawing the tape off, or a heat gun. Fiberglass would be allright, but I wish someone that has and loves their TA would design a kit, then you know it would fit right and look bitchin.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Grill Mesh?

Thanks for the reply!!!! The fishing strings sounds good. I had to take my Wings West skirt off as I mentioned before.... it was not too difficult for you peel the piece back, though it left that adhesive to the original factory skirt. I just need to find time to remove the adhesive now.. it's a pain.

I hope you never have to remove those ground effect, for it may damage the paint underneath.

I won't be purchasing Vizage and will be reinstalling my Wings West back on after I sand them down and repaint. The vent on your skirt is alright and you probably get much attention, though it's functionless. Wings West skirt on not open on the side...... I guess what you can do is find a way to add a white mesh to the opening to make them look conspictuous.

At any rate, nice job to the addition on the body parts.

Vroom while idling in one place,
    Matthewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    I took my car to a body shop and the kit painted and installed, so the body shop took off the factory skirts. I have heard of using fishing string and two sticks and kind of sawing the tape off, or a heat gun. Fiberglass would be allright, but I wish someone that has and loves their TA would design a kit, then you know it would fit right and look bitchin.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Go For It--- Proper Fitting Will Turn Out Awesome!

Forget about what I wrote.... go for it with the Wings West ground effects, they are better than Vizage for the side skirts don't have the vent. The skirts install over the original Factory one. When you install the skirts, you need to file the well well corners a little bit for a better fit........ one other mention is that the pieces will fit well if you hug them higher past the original skirt.

When I installed mine, I made the mistake of not hugging them higher. I'm in the process of sanding mind down and repainting it. When I install them, write me and will send you a picture how they should really be installed so they don't appear all whacked on the vehicle.

Last word, on the side skirt, I advise not using the 3m double sided tape.. just install the pieces with screws. You are better off that way just incase you ever need to remove them. Reading my other posting in this thread to know the complications if you do.

Good day and best regard on your project of making that TA Looker,
    Matthew
    Check the Kelley Blue Book to review the price of TAs with under 5,000 miles, they are not worth very much. I can pick up a 4th generation TA over here in California for under 6,000. It's ashame.

Good day,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by GNICTRY View Post
    howhard has it to install and how much cleanance do you have? I was thinking about putting it on my 2000 silver ws6

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

The Yellow Anniversary one won't turn heads either

Apparently you have never driven a CETA. Driving 1 mile will get about 20 head turns, finger pointing and dropped jaws.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Turning Heads?

Jaws will not drop here in California over that vehicle, eventhough you don't see them all over the place. Jaws will drop over a Lamborghini or over a vehicle that has been somewhat modified. I went back looking for what you quoted me on and I couldn't find it.

I do like that edition in the yellow for it was the only year Pontiac manufactured in that color. One thing I would change is the color of the roof. Instead of just being black all around, it should have been yellow to set off the black T tops, same with the Camaro. A large sticker of a side view bird would have looked much better than the two separate small strips..... on the hood as well. I don't mean any offense, but those small vinyl strips gives the vehicle a very fiminine look. The stickers look like party streamers if you will. Pontiac did much better with their White Anniversary Edition.

Your edition retailed for close to 40,000 when it came out....... just yesterday I checked on one, which only retailed for 23,000 at 2,000. Unimaginable huh? It lost half of its value... thus, we can forget about ever getting a good price in reselling out TAs.

I know it's your vehicle and you take pride in it ... that's all that matters my brother!!!

Good day and cheer up brother! No hard feelings....... A vehicle is just a vehicle no matter how much we paid for it or what it means to us. That's the hard fact.

Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by BANDITCAR View Post
    Apparently you have never driven a CETA. Driving 1 mile will get about 20 head turns, finger pointing and dropped jaws.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Jaws will not drop here in California over that vehicle, eventhough you don't see them all over the place. Jaws will drop over a Lamborghini or over a vehicle that has been somewhat modified. I went back looking for what you quoted me on and I couldn't find it.

I do like that edition in the yellow for it was the only year Pontiac manufactured in that color. One thing I would change is the color of the roof. Instead of just being black all around, it should have been yellow to set off the black T tops, same with the Camaro. A large sticker of a side view bird would have looked much better than the two separate small strips..... on the hood as well. I don't mean any offense, but those small vinyl strips gives the vehicle a very fiminine look. The stickers look like party streamers if you will. Pontiac did much better with their White Anniversary Edition.

Your edition retailed for close to 40,000 when it came out....... just yesterday I checked on one, which only retailed for 23,000 at 2,000. Unimaginable huh? It lost half of its value... thus, we can forget about ever getting a good price in reselling out TAs.

I know it's your vehicle and you take pride in it ... that's all that matters my brother!!!

Good day and cheer up brother! No hard feelings....... A vehicle is just a vehicle no matter how much we paid for it or what it means to us. That's the hard fact.

Matthew
    When I was over in Los Angeles back in May, I saw a CETA driving there and not only did I wave to the driver. (He prolly thought I was nuts since I was in a Mini Cooper) but I also noticed other people checking out the car as we were driving along the freeway. I dunno, maybe its just looked at when you are not looking heh heh. Oh and I originally quoted post #19, I just trimmed the fat.

The Yellow used was Sunfire Yellow (Collector Yellow for 02) and it was also used on very few 4th gens in 93 and 94. It's a rare 4th Gen color which is why it was resurrected one last time for the CE. I wouldn't have the roof any other way. It goes with the wheels and when you tint the windows...man does it look badass! Black Halo roof ftw! haha Plus it is the ONLY Firebird to ever get that roof treatment. I always thought the graphics were perfect. Even before I owned a CE. They are modern and not too over the top.

Actually, if you look for a CETA with 12 miles (like I purchased mine new) you'll be looking at paying 31-33k for it. So they haven't lost that much value if you want to buy one that has never been titled and still considered new. I only paid close to $30K (stickered $35,305)for mine brand new (got a smokin deal!) so I figure I was one ahead of the game. Anyway, I'm never selling my CE cause I love it too darn much!

I do take pride in my car and will defend its honor for it is more than just a vehicle to me. But I don't take anything personally and won't get up in a tizzy over it. In my original post, I wasn't mad or anything. Just stating that where I am at I still get that kind of reaction to my car.

Good luck with your body kit. Blacking out the areas in the openings would help it look better too.

P.S. CETA side stripes are not Feminine dammit!!! ahhaha
    Last edited by BANDITCAR; 07-16-2007 at 04:38 PM.

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

[QUOTE=BANDITCAR;873372

Good luck with your body kit. Blacking out the areas in the openings would help it look better too.

P.S. CETA side stripes are not Feminine dammit!!! ahhaha[/QUOTE]

Blacking out the openings in my kit is exactly what I plan on doing, I even bought some black paint called car art that can be washed off. And after looking at the blacked out openings for awhile, thats what I'm doing.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Paint that can be washed off? Dang thats crazy.

I had a friend that blacked out his lower two nostrils on his WS6 by just using some black vinyl. So that might be a not-so-permanent solution as well

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I had a friend that blacked out his lower two nostrils on his WS6 by just using some black vinyl. So that might be a not-so-permanent solution as well
    Washable paint is handy, if you don't like it wash it off. You could have a different graphics kit or stripe kit every weekend, and it's alot cheaper than repaints. Just do a search for car art.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Your Yellow Sunshine

I have not ever seen a yellow for 93 or 94. Your anniversary is one of a kind. With all honesty, I see that only other car lovers (including Camaro or LS1) owners would check out and appreciate your yellow anniversary editions. I stare at every single other LS1 on the road, even the typical 6 cylinder Firebird, including your Yellow Anniversary one as I drive by.

My two tone is different and gets the look from the likes, especially teenage and younger. They are just attracted to the color combination and the sexy curve of the TA I guess. Not bragging at all... but some time I think I'm too old to be driving it. I purchased the vehicle in 2001 when I was 30 and single. I made the body part editions immeadiately upon purchased. Now that I'm 36 with 2 children, the excitement is still there when I jumped in the cockpit, though I feel out of age. My part editions are within reasonable realm of attractiveness though some in this forum may not think so.

I only have 11,000 miles on it so far. Keep it waxed and clean all year round, running the engine as necessary to charge the battery and circulate the oil. It's pristine and ready for my children to turn 18 in 15 years.... that's a damn long time to purchase insurance on a park vehicle. The vehicle does not have much rock nicks from the road, though I get very flutter whenever there is one. It's a damn shame I step on it in the highway around here to keep engine performance and get the nicks.... I'm sure you feel the same way about your vehicle when it comes to nicks from the elements.

If you purchased your vehicle brand new as the first owner for that price, then you most certainly received a super deal. With all honesty, the value of our TA have gone down much and not up.

About the streamer vinyls, the do look feminine, even my anniversary stripes with the birds at the end looks feminine. Solid strips with one thick and one thin through and through entail much more masculinity. Just my sincere view.

Now check this out, I am speaking to this one guy who is selling his White 1999 Trans Am Ram Air WS6 for $7,800. I will be checking out his vehicle this Friday. The bad thing about the vehicle is that it has 155,000 miles on it. He is the second owner, his girlfriend's mother is the first. During the mother's ownership, the dealer discovered metal shaving when changing the oil, thus, they replaced the engine. I so want to pick up this vehicle but have my doubts based on age of the vehicle and mileage. I feel the price is sound. He wants to rid this TA to purchase a Manual Black TA. What do you think about his vehicle? I have yet to inspect the vehicle personally. If I purchase the vehicle, I will leave it as it is and either add red or a shade of blue stripes. I will drive this vehicle everyday to work rather than my 4 cylinder Saturn L200 or wearing out my 2001 TA.

At any rate, take care of your Yellow Sunshine my friend,
    Matthew
    P.S. Speaking about Mini Coopers........ I hate how they manfactured those puppies with white stripes all over it. The good news for the Cooper is that they make better sales than that of the TA.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry The art of Vinyling

I thought about Vinyling my side skirt so that I don't have to paint them... since they are white, cleaning them would be a cinch and don't have to worry about water splashes, etc..... but problem with this is, Vinyling such a big and long piece with a big sheet of vinyl will probably ve very difficult to do a good job.

Matthew
    Any Suggestions?
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 07-16-2007 at 10:36 PM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Exclamation Working On It!!!

Hey Hollywood Star.... as I remember, you vehicle was white..... why not primer the opening with white. I have my white skirts effects still off my vehicle, borrowed one of those circular vehicle hand grinder from my brother.. and remolded the skirt well corners for better fitting.

After asking around about removing the double sided 3m taped..... no one had the best method.... I took that circular grinder, turned it side way, side swiped it across the ground effect where the tape was at, took it right off due to the heat friction. Wanted to let you know if you ever had to take yours off. Works much quicker and faster than a heating gun. Skirt removal will typically leave the better part of the double sided tape clinging to your ground effect rather than your vehicle. Paint Thinner solvent will pretty resolve the adhesive. Just don't side swapping the circular grinder against the adhesive on your vehicle! hahahah!!!!

Upon double checking for skirt fitting, I saw that painting the part inside the same color as the piece will hide the opening much better than black. Check this out, your vehicle is white and so are the skirts, if you paint the inside black, the opening will stand out wouldn't it.

Now, about this "wash off paint," how would that work.. would you have to paint the vehicle every time you wash it?

I will do a look up for removal art though...... speaking about removal art, the ones where you can lay on top of your vehicle and peel off, those are damaging to the paint. I first hand encouter this with my Firebird in 1989.

Vinyl to the paint can be a killer too, especially around heated areas.... I'm referring to pealing off the vinyl along with some of your paint?

How do you see it Road Star?

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    Blacking out the openings in my kit is exactly what I plan on doing, I even bought some black paint called car art that can be washed off. And after looking at the blacked out openings for awhile, thats what I'm doing.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Arrow Take it Off

Vinyl to the paint can be a killer too, especially around heated areas.... I'm referring to pealing off the vinyl along with some of your paint?

Has your friend every peeled it off?

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb Like You

I wanna be White like you..... I replied to another post, but this really should be to you:

Now check this out, I am speaking to this one guy who is selling his White 1999 Trans Am Ram Air WS6 for $7,800. I will be checking out his vehicle this Friday. The bad thing about the vehicle is that it has 155,000 miles on it. He is the second owner, his girlfriend's mother is the first. During the mother's ownership, the dealer discovered metal shaving when changing the oil, thus, they replaced the engine. I so want to pick up this vehicle but have my doubts based on age of the vehicle and mileage. I feel the price is sound. He wants to rid this TA to purchase a Manual Black TA. What do you think about his vehicle? I have yet to inspect the vehicle personally. If I purchase the vehicle, I will leave it as it is and either add red or a shade of blue stripes. I will drive this vehicle everyday to work rather than my 4 cylinder Saturn L200 or wearing out my 2001 TA.

How is your vehicle performance and how many miles do you have on it?

Matthew

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

not to barg in but I am thinking bout puting the bird of prey vinyl decal on my silver 2000 ws6...what do yall think, will the vinyl hold and should I do it or no???

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Your Vinyl Interest

Hey there Buddy!

From what I read last night, vinyl can be easily take off a vehicle without paint damage if done properly and patiently.

Before I even purchased my TA in 2001, I wanted flames..... though a quality flame job was too costly, so I ended up with Anniversary stripes. Last night after reading the post from this forum, I checked out a couple vinyl websites and stumbled upon this site:

http://www.customvinylgraphics.com/car-graphics.aspx

They have a really good looking flames.

As I looked and ponder, though their flames are good, they probably don't go with a Ram Air hood very well..... stripes are better.

When you mentioned your bird of prey.... what I'm thinking is the big bird.. if you have a ram air hood, it would not look well. Flames or vinyl on hood works better with non-ram air hoods.

Because you have a silver vehicle, you might want to check that site I pointed out.... they have those silver side flames that would go well with your paint job..... since the flames are thin in design, removing them will not be very difficult....... better yet, you can do a combination of adding silver flames around the tip of the hood floating to the back. I think your vehicle will really be hot and stylish!

Matthew

not to barg in but I am thinking bout puting the bird of prey vinyl decal on my silver 2000 ws6...what do yall think, will the vinyl hold and should I do it or no???

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Had a club member do it to his 02 T/A and it definitely gets a ton of attention.

Depending on where you get the vinyl from and the quality will depend on how long it holds up. Don't just go for the cheap stuff. If you want something that will last then you have to pay for it.

As for if you should do it? Why not? Its different and not too many out there.

Good luck with that.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Vinyl Quality and Design

So, that's the Bird of Prey.... the design is a good one, though the vinyl is a different story...... if you can find a place to make it for you selecting the color that you want, and color it airbrush like with a faucet of colors... I think it will look really good on your vehicle. Your friend's Yellow on black stands out big time and doesn't seem to flow very much. If he had the airbrush bird with hints of silver and white through and through... it would look really well.

Like these flames:

The vinyls that customvinylgraphics.com produces are the closes I have seen to a paint job. I don't know about their quality without first hand experience.

At any rate, just how I see it.

Matthew

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hey Hollywood Star.... as I remember, you vehicle was white..... why not primer the opening with white. I have my white skirts effects still off my vehicle, borrowed one of those circular vehicle hand grinder from my brother.. and remolded the skirt well corners for better fitting.

After asking around about removing the double sided 3m taped..... no one had the best method.... I took that circular grinder, turned it side way, side swiped it across the ground effect where the tape was at, took it right off due to the heat friction. Wanted to let you know if you ever had to take yours off. Works much quicker and faster than a heating gun. Skirt removal will typically leave the better part of the double sided tape clinging to your ground effect rather than your vehicle. Paint Thinner solvent will pretty resolve the adhesive. Just don't side swapping the circular grinder against the adhesive on your vehicle! hahahah!!!!

Upon double checking for skirt fitting, I saw that painting the part inside the same color as the piece will hide the opening much better than black. Check this out, your vehicle is white and so are the skirts, if you paint the inside black, the opening will stand out wouldn't it.

Now, about this "wash off paint," how would that work.. would you have to paint the vehicle every time you wash it?

I will do a look up for removal art though...... speaking about removal art, the ones where you can lay on top of your vehicle and peel off, those are damaging to the paint. I first hand encouter this with my Firebird in 1989.

Matthew
    Matthew, I've put up a pic of the black on the openings of the side skirt and air dam on my webpage.
    As for the washable paint, yes it will need to be repainted after you wash it, in fact after it dries you can wipe it off with your finger.
    Suncoast Creations hood, p&p throttle body, LS6 intake, Dart 225cc 2.02/1.60 heads, TSP 233/239 cam, Hooker headers, 3" duals, Yank SY 4000 stall, LS6 oil pump, double roller timing chain, iridium plugs, Moser 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. Vizage body kit.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658525

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Matthew
    Matthew, I've put up a pic of the black on the openings of the side skirt and air dam on my webpage.
    As for the washable paint, yes it will need to be repainted after you wash it, in fact after it dries you can wipe it off with your finger.
    You were wondering how my car runs, my belltronics accelorometer says my best has been 11.8@120 mph @3500 ft. elevation. The car also has 106k on the clock.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information