Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

pics of t/a

This is a discussion on pics of t/a within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; so this car was purchased wednesday evening. My woman traded her 2001 eclipse (which was just sitting and never getting ...

  1. #1
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    pics of t/a

    so this car was purchased wednesday evening. My woman traded her 2001 eclipse (which was just sitting and never getting driven) and $2000. the car has 140k on it, but is in pretty good shape. it has some usual t/a quirks like a cracked door panel, front pigtails actin a fool, rear hatch is tricky to open, but its all stock minus the unknown muffler, exhaust cutout, and sequential tail lights. she runs strong, shifts nice, and the rear end isnt making noise yet. no major mod plans as of yet other than a few cosmetics like a firehawk or ram air hood, depending on which one is cheaper and comes along first, and maybe some different tires. It has the corvette wagon wheels, which i am currently thinking of how to make those look better, so if anyone is good at photoshop and can play around with some black on these rims, that would be nice to see.








    the hood has some dents but it wont be the hood that will stay on the car.


    engine is kinda dirty but ill clean it as i have more time...


    this little guy needs to be replaced. anyone know the name of this hose?








    Last edited by jiveass; 12-04-2010 at 08:20 AM.

  2. #2
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    oh, it also has a hitch of some type under it, but im takin that shit off.

  3. #3
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am




  4. #4
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,397

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    The pcv valce goes into the split hose. Not sure of its official name.

    Looks good aside the wagon wheels

  5. #5
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    The pcv valce goes into the split hose. Not sure of its official name.

    Looks good aside the wagon wheels
    would this cause any fluxuation in the oil pressure?

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Looks nice!

    There is a thread on here somewhere on how to cobble up a piece of hose to replace that... however, it has also been suggested that a standard spark plug boot will work. The problem is that the diameter changes and the stock replacement includes the entire PCV hose assembly (which is not cheap).

    Unfortunately, the oil pressure sender is on the back of the engine and is not easy to get to. Could be a sender, a gauge or an actual pump issue. Hard to tell without attaching an aftermarket or test gauge to the port.

  7. #7
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Congrats

  8. #8
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    the only way to make those rims looks better is to get 2in spaces and push the rims out more haha BUT then you will need longer studs...i would get rims before the hood (just my .02)

    looks good but you already know that seeing as i seen the car first hahaha

    i say fix all the problems first, clean the engine, see how the car runs for awhile and then shot for rims/tires...after that start with the bolt on's

  9. #9
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Congrats
    thank you, maam.



    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Looks nice!

    There is a thread on here somewhere on how to cobble up a piece of hose to replace that... however, it has also been suggested that a standard spark plug boot will work. The problem is that the diameter changes and the stock replacement includes the entire PCV hose assembly (which is not cheap).

    Unfortunately, the oil pressure sender is on the back of the engine and is not easy to get to. Could be a sender, a gauge or an actual pump issue. Hard to tell without attaching an aftermarket or test gauge to the port.
    i will see about that spark plug boot as i have plent of old wires layin around..
    the oil pressure gauge is weird cause it is usually fine, but sometimes itll drop down to about 25-30, then itll jump back up to about 50. It normally idles about 40psi. If i would have seen this when test driving the car, i would have worried. But too late now, so i have to figure out whats the deal. Another thing i forgot to mention is that its missing the driver side headlight bezel, but thats only $33 on ebay, and im sure i can find it cheaper at a salvage yard from a v6 car. I plan on painting those to match the car when the hood is changed. My mission today is to re-wire the pigtails and find out what kind of muffler is on it, cause it sure sounds good. Ill get an exhaust video up soon.

  10. #10
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i will see about that spark plug boot as i have plent of old wires layin around..
    the oil pressure gauge is weird cause it is usually fine, but sometimes itll drop down to about 25-30, then itll jump back up to about 50. It normally idles about 40psi. If i would have seen this when test driving the car, i would have worried. But too late now, so i have to figure out whats the deal. Another thing i forgot to mention is that its missing the driver side headlight bezel, but thats only $33 on ebay, and im sure i can find it cheaper at a salvage yard from a v6 car. I plan on painting those to match the car when the hood is changed. My mission today is to re-wire the pigtails and find out what kind of muffler is on it, cause it sure sounds good. Ill get an exhaust video up soon.
    did you change the oil yet? if not, do that and see how the gauge goes...if it does the same thing i would look into a new sending unit

  11. #11
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    the only way to make those rims looks better is to get 2in spaces and push the rims out more haha BUT then you will need longer studs...i would get rims before the hood (just my .02)

    looks good but you already know that seeing as i seen the car first hahaha

    i say fix all the problems first, clean the engine, see how the car runs for awhile and then shot for rims/tires...after that start with the bolt on's
    i seen a ws6 on wagon wheels that was dropped and had a chin spoiler and it looked pretty good..ill see if i can find the pic.

  12. #12
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    did you change the oil yet? if not, do that and see how the gauge goes...if it does the same thing i would look into a new sending unit
    i planned on changin the oil this weekend. so hopefully youre right.

  13. #13
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    here it is...i think they look pretty nice on there..


  14. #14
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    here it is...i think they look pretty nice on there..

    Click for full size
    the problem is when you look down the side of the car the rims are pushed to far in, on that pic you cant tell

  15. #15
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    I think I might have seen you the other day, around 59 maybe? I was in my gmc

  16. #16
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937



    this is how i see the road hahaha...(color is to match your car somewhat) lol

  17. #17
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    the only way to make those rims looks better is to ...set them on fire and throw them off a cliff
    this is what you ment, so i went ahead and fixed it for you...

  18. #18
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    this is what you ment, so i went ahead and fixed it for you...
    yes...i agree...i try to be nice

  19. #19
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    I think I might have seen you the other day, around 59 maybe? I was in my gmc
    what day? i got it on wednesday night. i was on 59 yesterday though near humble..

  20. #20
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    Click for full size


    this is how i see the road hahaha...(color is to match your car somewhat) lol
    bahahahaha! ....dude its hard enough seeing through the windshield with the glare off the dash...you got a 5 story building blocking your view!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stop asking for Pics! This is the reason i won't post pics.
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 11:11 PM
  2. INSTALL progress pics -- rear well box for 12" -- PICS
    By fredmr85 in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:37 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
  4. Pics of 1/2 the CCWs mounted(better pics this time)
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 04:32 PM
  5. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 05:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •