RED
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

performance parts

I just got my new 2000Trans Am Ws6 today and I'm looking for performance parts that will give me the most bang for my buck and also whats the best cold air intake I can stick on it thanks.

sethta
    I did a slp airlid and air filter first. also try the fast toys ram air. I have heard you can really notice a differance with it.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I was reading in some magazine that the clear MTI lid adds the most hp. Add an MTI lid from ls1speed.com and get a k&n filter to put under it and u should be sitting with 15-20 more.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Is it an auto or a 6 speed? For an auto a stall is hands down the best bang for you buck.
    All lids will give you about the same gains. Go with what's cheap and from a sponsor.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Check out our sponsors but we also have some threads in regards to the basic bolt ons. Check a lot of the important announcements in the general tech forums and you'll find your info. But just to let you know some of the basics, here's the rundown.

1. Best bang for the buck mod by far is a lid. When it comes to the different manufactureres, just remember, a lid is a lid. If you're looking for something cheap and affordable, check out the SLP lids. Great fit overall. I personally run the whisper lid but the fit isn't as good as the SLP.
    2. Don't fall for the trick, stay with the stock MAF. DOn't spend the money for a bigger MAF or a Cold air tuned MAF. It will only give you more problems than gains. The most you should do with the MAF is porting and descreening the MAF which is a free MOD.
    3. If you're running a 98-99 LS1, look into an LS6 or FAST manifold. Very good MOD and it makes a difference.
    4. Freeing up your exhaust IE headers and cat back not only gives you more bark, but it will help you with the bite later after a cam install.
    5. Pushrods are fairly easy to change. If you have an M6, Pushrods should be the first thing to change. The stock length is 7.400". The upgraded Chromoly's are only $150 approximately but it will save you from heartbreak when you ding past redline leading to bend or in my case, pushrods snapped in half.
    6. Quarterpanel flex, leaky t-tops, twisted frames, it's all too common in our cars. Invest in a good set of Sub Frame connectors. Have them professionally installed, bolted, or welded on a loaded lift, not a frame off. On a frame off, once the car is lowered onto the tires and the suspension is preloaded, the welds will break and the bolts as well. For those who have questions on the loaded lifts, it's just a lift you drive up on and the whole car is lifted. Most shops have a roll on lift or a pit.
    7. Rearend is a weakpoint when it comes to high horsepower. You can run a rebuilt stocker and be fine. The axles are usually what goes first.

There are more mods than can possibly be listed, but this is a basic list. Pick and choose the route you take and do your research. On this site, you'll find a lot of informative sponsors. When shopping for a cam, look into Thunder Racing, they have some great custom Cams with full explanations and a few with Dyno Graphs. If you're looking into forced induction, check out Exotic Performace plus or look for Bob at EPP.

RED
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

thanks everyone I really appreciate all the helpful information you guys gave me.
    P.S. Orion it is an auto.

Thread Information