Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Performance make over coming soon

Hey guys, just had a couple of things for ya, little background information.

I'm planning a little bit of a performance makeover here in the next couple of weeks. Here's an abbreviated list of some of the plans. starting with what I've already done. The Car is an '02 WS6 with about 60k

Already installed:
    1) SLP airbox
    2) SLP Loudmouth 2 catback
    3) SLP Strut tower brace
    4) Mag Z06 wheels (stock size just much lighter)
    5) Rebuilt and upgraded T56*
    6) Spec Stage 3+ clutch*

Plans for the makeover:
    1) OBX LT headers
    2) Accompanying ORY
    3) UMI SFC
    4) BMR Panhard bar
    5) BMR Driveshaft safety
    6) BMR Moly Rear LCA's
    7) UMI non Adj. Torque arm
    8) Poly motor and trans mounts
    9) Basic tune-up, New wires (Moroso) and plugs, on the plugs I'm debating between staying with the AC's or moving to the NGK's, in all of my previous performance work I have always had better luck with the factory plugs than aftermarket ones, but, I have yet to do any plug changes on the LS1 until now

The Last question I had was with regards to a computer tune afterwards, and the possible use of O2 sims for the back pair.

What amount of tuning if any is required after an install like this. It seems with the engine flowing a good deal more air that at least some degree of tuning would be required, but, I wasnt sure how the O2 sims affected that if at all, and if it would be better to buy a programmer like a Diablo II and trim it out, or if its fine the way it is.

Sorry for the huge post but, thank you in advance for everyone's anticipated input, I'm looking forward to getting everyone's input and point of views, ALSO if ya'll see something that was an obvious miss and should be added to the list let me know!

Thanks,
    Chris

* Items added in edit ver 1.1 Added car is an M6, sorry forgot to add that in, and has Spec 3+ clutch already installed about 10k miles ago.
    Last edited by UH60Driver; 04-28-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Adding Transmission info

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

lol please don't buy a handheld tuner, let Frost tune it for the sake of pete

It has a big wing!

From what I have learned from reading up on here is that after full exhaust, a tune isn't needed but would be beneficial.

You didn't mention if your car was an A4 or M6... If an A4,I would definately think about getting a stall for your car. I have yet to hear from someone that has been disappointed with that mod... lol

Good luck on our plans!
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

White
    1998 Trans Am

Get a real tune and delete the rear 02's sims suck. Also I have UMI lca's and panhard may want to look into it great prive and a great product
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

White
    1998 Trans Am

only bmr on my car are the strano copy springs, ride great and more readily avalable than stano's isially on back order

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

A tune is highly recommended after those mods and the best way to go about it is to use use one of our sponsors, TunedbyFrost.com.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you decide to ditch the secondary air system, a tune can also delete the resulting SES. Frost is definitely the way to go.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Is there a big advantage to losing the secondary air system, I took it off of my Truck a while ago because it was failed anyways, I had thought about leaving it on here just in case I decide to put cats back on. Looks like tuned by frost is definitely the way to go, I don't think Ive read a complaint yet about their work.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by UH60Driver View Post
    Is there a big advantage to losing the secondary air system, I took it off of my Truck a while ago because it was failed anyways, I had thought about leaving it on here just in case I decide to put cats back on. Looks like tuned by frost is definitely the way to go, I don't think Ive read a complaint yet about their work.

I did it more for appearance reasons than anything else. I like a clean look unde the hood and deleting the system removes a whole lot of stuff. You can see details on removal of the system in this thread: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130641

Also, when we bought the car it was throwing secondary air codes. Turned out that the check valves were shot. The system only operates for a short time on cold startup and helps the cats come up to operating temp quicker. I went with a catted Y on our car, but just didn't feel the need to retain the system even though I had fixed the valves.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Just may consider doing that then btw I Really like the Trans Am Valve covers Nice touch!

**Edit** Hell, that looks like the same pump for my ZR2, might take it off of this and move it over
    Last edited by UH60Driver; 05-01-2010 at 10:10 AM.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I ran on a similar setup for about 2 years before getting a tune. Car just ran rich and had to look at the SES light constantly. I finally got it tuned last year and picked up 20rwhp.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by UH60Driver View Post
    Just may consider doing that then btw I Really like the Trans Am Valve covers Nice touch!

Thanks! Saw them on another member's car back when I first joined and really liked the look.

Thread Information