BLACK!!!
    1999 Trans Am

Performance boost.

What are some practical ways to boost performance on my TA? Any good ideas? Looking for something that wont break the bank installing or at every gas stop. Thanks!
    It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or a mile. Winning is winning

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Do you currently have any mods, or stock at the moment?

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

isnt there a sticky or another thread for this?

edit.
    before anyone else can say something. i will be the first!

SFC, Headers, any other suspension enhancing mod...and i guess a lid

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would say a lid or CAI since it's a easy install as well as a catback exhaust. Both are so it yourself mods that take no special tools. Lt headers and a ory or catted ory give you good power but a little harder to install. Cost about $400 locally here to have them installed. Underdrive pulleys are good for some extra go and are cheap to buy and have installed. I paid $40 and took like 20 min. Another good mod is a LS6 intake with a potted and polished throttle body. The throttle body is a quick install while the LS6 is harder depending on your skill level and LS6 intakes can be bought used from people who install Fast intake combo's which are good if you have a heavily modded car but a LS6 is good enough for bolt on and even cammed car. Look on the forums or local f body shops for a LS6 from a newer Bird or Vette. Throttle bodies can be bought on eBay that's where I got mine with all new sensors for $100 with my old TB trade in. Some good NGK plugs and MSD wires are also a good investment, good tune up means good running car. Since you in Nebraska you shouldn't need a low temp stat like here in TX but you could always swap in a 180 for cooler running during the summer.
    Next I would say some UMI LCA/ Pandhard bar set and SFC's to tighten up handling. Finally some good shocks and springs, I went. With BMR springs, KYB AGX struts, and a Spohn sway bar set with UMI LCA relocation brackets.
    Also swapped the 3.23 A4 car for 3.73 and the car has a great tune from my friend that owns a Vette shop here. Car runs fast going straight and no problem keeping up with Vette's and other cars on the back roads. I beat a 2010 SS 6spd from 50 to 130 pulling the whole way.
    Next is a cam and stall in Sept or Oct when
    My friend can get it in. I'm painting his Vette and he's molding my car. Got stagger 18's with BFG KDW NT's but I want some better drag radials for the track on 16 or 17's my 275/35r18's are expensive. Maybe a set of slicks and skinnys with dr's since I don't have a 9" rear yet. Start with intake and exhaust parts you can do yourself then get into the harder parts. There is a guy frost who does mail order tunes I have hears good things about and it's cheaper than local unless you got a connect like mine.
    Good luck and have fun. There are sponsors here with good deals or try ws6store.com that's how I built my whole car and stay away from Thunder Racing unless you wanna wait forever for parts and they ship separate and you end up with half of what you ordered. Gave them 3 tries then that was it.
    Texas speed is a good site to order heads and cams when you get to that point I have heard great things from my friends with fbodies and Vette's.
    Like I said good luck and have fun.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Pm me if you need any links to good websites.

BLACK!!!
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Do you currently have any mods, or stock at the moment?
    All i have aftermarket is headers and exhaust.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99bluetransam View Post
    All i have aftermarket is headers and exhaust.
    LS6 intake since you are a 99 would benefit you nicely, so would an aftermarket lid. If you are an auto, get a 3500 stall, it would drop your MPG some in city driving, stay the same with HWY though. Stalls are the best mod for an automagic tranny. With a stall, you need to put a cooler($50) and really should do a shift kit as well.

BLACK!!!
    1999 Trans Am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edelb...del%3ATrans+Am

How about this? Howmuch would this help?

BLACK!!!
    1999 Trans Am

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99bluetransam View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edelb...del%3ATrans+Am

How about this? Howmuch would this help?
    Never tried them but alot of people I know go to Texasspeed.com since you can get the whole package. Cam, rod, springs, pluse add a timing chain and ported oil pump and you'll have more power and if will be done right. Just go check their site and you can see all the different grings and some have expected gains. Also you can call them and they can recommend a cam for the driving you do and power you want. Bigger isn't always better without supporting mods. I am getting my setup from them.
    Hope that helps.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information