Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

The patient is ready

This is a discussion on The patient is ready within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; sounds good. you have a lot of balls getting on it like that in the rain....

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

sounds good. you have a lot of balls getting on it like that in the rain.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    Yup...it's running better...

10!, 10!, a f@*king 10!, i still got wood!! sounds mean as all get outs MR KID glad to see the kinks are out

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Amazing how much better it runs with all the wires attached

1Fast- I waited all day for the rain to stop and things to dry out. The roads were all dry till I came around that corner and hit 3rd

In case you were wondering that was a second gear roll out. No point in using first gear anymore...

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Love the way it sounds. Just watch those puddles.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Yup...it's running better...

BRB.....Need to go clean my pants

Awesome job..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Very nice. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Great work and I'm happy to see that you are finally starting to enjoy all of your dedication and hard work now.

Red

It's definately been a looooong road. Being my first "computer car" build, it was a real learning experiance.

Red

Z28Boy- Here is the exhaust with and without the mufflers. It sounds a little muffled because it was a bit windy. I think the tone is identical, but it's about 20 decibles quieter at idle, and about 40 quieter at WOT.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6lDGtguWrE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tBJneBVdZo[/ame]

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Z28Boy- Here is the exhaust with and without the mufflers. It sounds a little muffled because it was a bit windy. I think the tone is identical, but it's about 20 decibles quieter at idle, and about 40 quieter at WOT.

That sounds so beautiful at idle, nice job

Red

Soooooo, the cars not done. I thought it was, but not quite. After putting about 10 miles on the car, I got it back in the air and noticed the entire bottom of the car was coated in oil. I started up, and let it run on the lift to check for leaks. Sure enough, it was the the front seal. I broke down and bought the alignment tool to install the new seal. Buttoned eveything back up and no leaks, finally.
    I decided to go for a cruise, and almost totaled the car out. I gunned it pulling off a side street, and when I tried to to correct for the drift, the header had hung up the steering shaft so i couldn't move the wheel. Luckily, I was able to stop before i just barely nudged a curb
    Before the flaming starts, let me just say the poly motor mounts arrived yesterday.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Wow...thats crazy!! Glad ya saved it though.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ What he said. How's she run otherwise?

Red

She's running sweet! I had it pulled apart for most of the month, bolted her, and she fired on a half a crank. I still have some tuning to do once I get the mounts changed. She idles a bit rich which I don't mind, but goes lean at high rpm. I have to get that programmed out first.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

She's running sweet! I had it pulled apart for most of the month, bolted her, and she fired on a half a crank. I still have some tuning to do once I get the mounts changed. She idles a bit rich which I don't mind, but goes lean at high rpm. I have to get that programmed out first.

I head off to Banish's class in Schenectady, NY on the 24th. Until then, I haven't used HP Tuners for anything other than scans and uploading what Frost has sent me. How are you doing with it?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I head off to Banish's class in Schenectady, NY on the 24th. Until then, I haven't used HP Tuners for anything other than scans and uploading what Frost has sent me. How are you doing with it?
    Good...I think. I got my injector curve straightened out using the charts on HP Forums for my 42 lb injectors. as for the PE tables, I was trying to do the cut and special paste from log, but my MAP isn't reading right so I'm only getting readings at 90 psi. Once that's squared away, I should be able to get the lean condition fixed fairly easy.

midnight blue
    2000 Camaro SS

beautiful sound at idle man and thats crazy glad u were able to save it before hitting the curb.
    2000 MNB SS

Red

Motor mounts went in without too much effort. About 6 hours total. Took the car for a spin, and instead of having the slight rubbing at idle and locking up under throttle, I had a constant scrape. Hey, at least it didn't try to kill me this time. I decided to do some work on the intermediate shaft. After looking it over, I could see the bolt was scrap on one side but the bulk of the rubbing was on the thread side. I pulled it out and realized they have a ton of extra material for the threads. Almost a half inch. This bolt isn't under a huge stress load as the shaft grabs to flat spots on the column. This is what it looks like if you've never seen it out of the car:

You can see where one side was ground down quite a bit from constant contact on the header. The raised section represents roughly half of the threaded section. All that meat isn't needed. I decided to cut it off completely and grind the shaft smooth. Here's the result:

With that ground smooth the size and shape of both sides have the same flat recess. I bolted the shaft back in, and the bolt had plenty of threads left to grab. I got about 6 full turns on it. Spinning the wheel around, The ground side cleared perfectly. The bolt side still rubbed just a bit, so I ground the head down a little. I got it to the point where it almost cleared, and didn't have enough material to keep going. I headed out to the Nutty Company, which has every nut and bolt under the sun. I picked up an M10 x 30 Button Socket Cap Allen bolt.

EVERYONE with clearance issues needs to pick up that exact size! The button head on the bolt has the exact arc that the shaft spins. It cleared perfectly spinning the wheel back and forth. I'll let you guys know how it works under throttle.

blue
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Just over 12' is more than adequate. At 11' 3" I have not had any issues and we were able to go with a heated floor to get us through the winter months.
    just built a 30'x50' garage with 12' ceilings and 2 20'x10' doors on each side

finally got my dream garage

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by unibuga View Post
    just built a 30'x50' garage with 12' ceilings and 2 20'x10' doors on each side

finally got my dream garage

Very cool. We had a "post pics of your garage" thread somewhere on here at one time.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

awesome build man youve done exactly what i want to do to mine (except you have the money too)

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information