Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

The patient is ready

This is a discussion on The patient is ready within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Something like this? BTW: Don't mind Spaz, GTP and Jaison... they're just keeping an eye on my desk....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Something like this?

BTW: Don't mind Spaz, GTP and Jaison... they're just keeping an eye on my desk.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Oooooh...pretty! Yeah, that's cool. I'll have to wait for the dyno results to get the sticker though

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

sounds and looks really good

Red

Thanks! I'll get some video on the dyno when I get it up there. I have to get the car running well enough to make the 45 minute trip.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

been away for a min, just read through the thread updating. Looking good MrKid!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Great thread. Thanks for sharing. Just got done going through it all.

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

I can't wait to see the final photos.

Red

FINALLY got the clutch bled properly. I have a rock hard pedal that starts to grab abour 3 inches off the floor. Not bad for the stock master. I was going to change from the LM2 Shotgun, to the LM2 muffler or the Borlaversion. I've decided to get some shorty mufflers and hang them both behind the rear end. The LM2 with headers is just way to much, even for my taste.

As for the tune, she was running good enough to drive, but now suddenly is stalling out at idle and heitating on revs. I'm also throwing a multiple misfire code. I've decided to break down and buy HP Tuners. My Diablo doesn't give me the adjustablitility I need, and I don't have a dyno facility close enough to tow the car to. Plus, I assume HP is working to accomodate the the '11 Camaro V6 that I should have shortly, and I will get enough credits to work that over

p.s. Please do NOT start a Efi live vs HP bitch fest in this build thread. I think we're all a bit sick of that. Thanks

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    I've decided to break down and buy HP Tuners. My Diablo doesn't give me the adjustablitility I need, and I don't have a dyno facility close enough to tow the car to.
    Don't forget you'll want a wideband O2 sensor for tuning. So add in that cost and the cost to have Frost help you with an email tune when you can't figure out HPTuners
    I'm just saying, the learning curve is steep. Might be cheaper to tow to a dyno tuning place.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Don't forget you'll want a wideband O2 sensor for tuning. So add in that cost and the cost to have Frost help you with an email tune when you can't figure out HPTuners
    I'm just saying, the learning curve is steep. Might be cheaper to tow to a dyno tuning place.
    I'll be getting the 02 wideband with the tuning suite. I've done okay with the tuning so far, I've just reached the limits with my handheld. I'm pretty smart...I'll figure it out

...with a s**t load of help from this forum
    Last edited by MrKid; 07-07-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

I like it.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    I'll be getting the 02 wideband with the tuning suite. I've done okay with the tuning so far, I've just reached the limits with my handheld. I'm pretty smart...I'll figure it out

...with a s**t load of help from this forum
    I like your attitude!! Go for it

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I like your attitude!! Go for it
    Brace yourself for the S.O.S again, Cutlass

Red

So I got her out on the road today. Just around my block a few times. Still running pretty rough, but seem to be smoothing out a bit. I had some strange issue, though. As I ease into the throttle there is very little response, then out of nowhere, the car wakes up and takes off like a rocket. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's like extreme turbo lag, but with different lenghts of time. But when it lags, no matter how much gas you give it, there's nothing. The rpm's come up a bit, but it won't go. I'm wondering if it's my knock sensors? I know they cut power, but I've never had it happen so I'm unsure of the signs. Havn't got HP yet, but do plan on it in the near future. Just want to get it running well enough to get some good readings. My Diablo is showing 8% and -4% on STFT, and 25% and -8% on LTFT. Pretty out there, but I think just because it's not being run long enough at speed....I hope.
    Also, My gas is about 8 months old. Can't be helping, but I hope i'm not chasing my tail with bad fuel being the problem.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Any chance you have an air leak on one bank with your trims being so far off left to right?

Red

I'll have to check that out. Maybe around an injector or Intake seal? I'm also still getting the high manifold pressure code.
    Good news? The Koni's ride like butta

Red

Just ordered some nice billet block off plates for my air and egr. I had made my own out of some heavy guage sheet metal. Not sure if they are leaking, but they probably will eventually. I imagine a leak in this area of the exhaust system would effect the sensors more than one after the cats?I'm going to weld the entire system after I get one side of the y-pipe adjusted. I have triangle sfc's, and an after market tranny mount that are both bumping the pipe. I also ordered to shorty single chamber mufflers that I'm going to add just before the tailpipes. Should quiet it down just enough, and cut down on the rasp.

Red

Got my new mufflers today. Time for some creative welding. I'll throw these in, when I weld the rest of the system up. I'll post a before and after vid once they're on ther.

Red

The last week has been spent chasing exhaust leaks that, that turned out to not be the problem, and making limited adjustments with my handheld. Still no good on the fuel trims, so I put my order in with Frost today for HPT.
    As for the mufflers, i just slid them over the end of the tail pipes to hear the sound. Let me tell you, it sounds sweet. Once I get them welded in, i'll post another vid. It's a much lower rumble and zero rasp, but still plenty loud.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Ahhhh man! I could've sold you my old 10 series real cheap! I wanna see more videos!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information