Justin_98TA

Parking light housing

Anyone know where i can get a parking light housing for my 98 TA? Ive seen them on ebay for $17, but they then want like $15-20 to ship it?! I really dont want to have to pay that much for one, but then again, that price and shipped would be less than a dealer cost, im guessing. SO if any of you know where i can get one for cheap, let me know please. And if any of you have one youre looking to get rid of... if your standing in front of the car looking at the car, its the left parking light. Thanks for your help. -Justin

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

check some of the "items for sale/trade" posts where a car is being parted out-lotta people wreck these cars and part them b/c it's worth a lot more than totaling it. good luck

what's the problem with your housing? is it leaking? mine did and i just epoxied it and it stopped

Justin_98TA
    thanks.... mine has about a quarter sized hole in it. Im guessing that its from gravel from the road. Water gets into the housing and has pretty much rotted out the light socket, and sometimes when i wash it, water will get in there and cause it not to work. As a quick fix, i spray some WD40 in the socket and on the plug of the bulb and plug it in. It has been working for about 2 months since the last time i did it, so i suppose itll be ok. I really need the socket and the housing, but im short on cash right now, so im just looking for the housing. Much thanks to ya - Justin

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL!! i totally was in your boat as of september last year. Those sockets can SUCK IT. Go to GM and buy 2 new sockets. they're $10 each. Go to a car shop and buy some epoxy or "outdoor, water proof glue" [something really thick and creamy]

set asside 2 hours, grab a wire trimmer, a jack stand and some

Black
    99 TA M6

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding them any cheaper than the ones on ebay (unless you can find someone on here selling theirs). I searched for several hours this morning and after shipping, the ones on ebay were the cheapest that I could find. Be glad that you only need one. I had to buy both for my car. bye bye $64.

Justin_98TA
    OK, well it looks like thats what ill be doing then. I hate to spend in excess of $30 on one of them, but i guess you have to do what you have to do. Besides, i believe it will clean up the front end look of my car anyway... itll be good to see that hole gone! I appreciate all of your help. THanks- Justin

fparts on ebay

Thread Information