Thread: Parking light

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Parking light

Hey guys,
    So yesterday I decided I should start my car and let it run for awhile since it's been sitting for a few weeks so i did. Started right up but I noticed my passenger side parking light is burned out. I was looking around trying to find a way to get to it but not sure how. I'm guessing I gotta get it from underneath the car somehow but not sure. Seems like they are notorious for going out on these model Trans Ams so was hoping someone that has had this problem could tell me how to get to it. Probably something really simple but doesn't hurt to ask.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

2 10 mm screws at the bottom corner of car,drop flap door and boom there it is.same process for both sides.most likely the socket is bad but take out the bulb and see if its all corroded.good luck.,.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Thanks, yeah I figured it out and it ended up just being the bulb.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Or, you could save yourself some time and pain by just putting your hand in the vent just below the parking light and feel the outside of the socket, twist it, pull it out and there's enough wiring to pull it all the way out the vent you put your hand into!

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Or, you could save yourself some time and pain by just putting your hand in the vent just below the parking light and feel the outside of the socket, twist it, pull it out and there's enough wiring to pull it all the way out the vent you put your hand into!
    wow you learn sumthin new everyday

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Ah c'mon, who wants to do things the EASY way? haha.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yeah, that's what I do.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

The only reason I know that shortcut, is because I've had to do it so often! I accidently hit a dog, when it jumped out from behind a construction zone barrel and it cracked my right front drl/parking lamp, so, I had to replace bulb after bulb after bulb til I replaced the whole housing. Then water was not allowed entrance like it was before. That's the glory of this site, you find ways to do things easier and usually there's someone on here who has done it before and I've even seen some procedures with pictures provided. Amazing site LS1.com, and I love it~!

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

The only reason I know that shortcut, is because I've had to do it so often! I accidently hit a dog, when it jumped out from behind a construction zone barrel and it cracked my right front drl/parking lamp, so, I had to replace bulb after bulb after bulb til I replaced the whole housing. Then water was not allowed entrance like it was before. That's the glory of this site, you find ways to do things easier and usually there's someone on here who has done it before and I've even seen some procedures with pictures provided. Amazing site LS1.com, and I love it~!
    I just changed the r/s socket out because it was so corroded that I was changing bulbs out every two weeks. I did not notice that I was able to do this till the third time I swapped bulbs.

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have had to replace both sides. The heating and cooling in my area shortens the life of the plastic. plus i think the design is prone to cracks. sockets were also replaced due to water

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yea on both the driver side and passenger side of my car the lens is cracking in the corners. I looked around more on here and found that the bulbs and the lens cracking are a common thing, like some of you have stated. Has anyone tried LED's in there before?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Alex18 View Post
    Yea on both the driver side and passenger side of my car the lens is cracking in the corners. I looked around more on here and found that the bulbs and the lens cracking are a common thing, like some of you have stated. Has anyone tried LED's in there before?
    yes and its quite the saga...
    LED saga

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Haha wow i'll just keep putting in new bulbs if I have to, not like they are expensive anyway.

Thread Information