Paint job

This is a discussion on Paint job within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So i have a red ws6 and was wondering how much it would cost to paint it like a electric ...

red
    2002 ws6

Paint job

So i have a red ws6 and was wondering how much it would cost to paint it like a electric blue color. the car is great condition so it wont need any bodywork, and im looking for a paint job that is atleast as good as this factory paint any idea how much that will run me?

Silver
    1996 Silver Trans Am M6

Well I paid $2000 bucks to have my car sanded down to the primer and sprayed. They removed the hood and painted inside the doors and the trunk. The car looked great but after a few months the paint started to chip on the seams of the front bumper and the side skirts. I took it back and bitched and they pulled them off, resprayed the areas. I didnt have any other issues after that. However, if you peeled up any of the seals you could still see the old paint, and the engine bay was an eyesore. It would have cost me anywhere from $5000-$6000 to have them pull everything apart an spray it. They would remove the engine, hood, trunk, both bumpers, mirrors, taillights, all of the seals, and panels. Then the three stage paint. Dont get me wrong. The car looked great, but if I had to do it over again. I would have done it right. Just my two cents, and the car was painted in Virginia. Im sure prices vary from different locations.

The car did come out really nice.

sorry no close up pics or pics of the engine bay. I sold the car.

Silver
    1996 Silver Trans Am M6

mmmm.......I think it came out tho around $2400. I cant remember.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    So i have a red ws6 and was wondering how much it would cost to paint it like a electric blue color. the car is great condition so it wont need any bodywork, and im looking for a paint job that is atleast as good as this factory paint any idea how much that will run me?
    Depends on if you want to do it the right way or not. If you are going to do it right you are going to pay big money.

red
    2002 ws6

2400 isnt bad at all, but i do want the whole car to be the same color, i wouldnt mind having the engine bay and undercarriage black though, i dont know of anywhere around here that does paint jobs.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    2400 isnt bad at all, but i do want the whole car to be the same color, i wouldnt mind having the engine bay and undercarriage black though, i dont know of anywhere around here that does paint jobs.
    If you were going to paint the engine bay and undercarriage black you might as well paint it the same color as the car. The true costs come in the door jams and engine.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    The true costs come in the door jams and engine.
    yep.

OP if you are wanting factory or (hopefully) better quality, with electric blue paint which will likely be metallic, expect to pay well over $3k when all is said and done.

Black
    99 Trans Am

I just had my `79 Firebird painted and changed the color to black. It cost me right at 6k.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

A different color is always gonna cost more,thats unless if you dont want the door jams,engine bay,trunk area painted,but i have seen cars painted like this and to me that looks very tacky the car's one color the inner is another,but i plan on painting my car sunset orange metallic or inferno orange metallic a(5th gen Camaro color)in the future everythings coming off doors,bumpers,hood,wing,motor trans etc no one will ever know it was pewter unless they seen the car before or if they see old pics of the car,i say stack your money up and wait until you can get it done 100%

Thread Information